Review Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I liked in the presser there only 5 senior players and players do not get better to over 50 games . Thats the problem half the team played over 50 games and where are the leaders. At the presser they thought of only 5. He mentions Bell and Beams missing as they played over 50 what about the 11 who played last night :(
over 100 games Rocky(129), Robinson(137), Bastanic(138), Merrett(195), Hanley(124), Rich(138),
over 50 games Green (79), Zorko (96), Taylor (58), Lester (75), Mayes (69).

If you look at our other players over 50 games There is only 7 missing and West was not played.
Harwood (72), Christensen (98), Bell (63), Bewick (92), D Beams (128), Martin (111), West (70).
Then your down to players in 40's Papps, Walker and C Beams. Not sure two of them be there next year :(

The young kids will make mistakes although players over 50 games need to stand up more and take some control.
When Leppa was mic'd up last week we heard Rich go to him to say we ned to fix something. Wonder how many others voice up.
Comes back to balance if the young players cannot remember structures on the field and the players we have over 50 games cannot help them setup we pretty &*(&*(.

Wonder what has happened to Andrews, is he carrying something? Looks pretty slow, not as much intensity as last year and gets beaten a lot nowdays, not taking those marks like he did last few years.

After being super impressed with him last year, this year he has gone backwards for me. Against Port he was particularly poor

After being super impressed with him last year, this year he has gone backwards for me. Against Port he was particularly poor
still young they have some bad days and yes I think he has some injury he is playing with be surprised a lot of them are not.
Although reality a lot of AFL players carry something

One good thing I picked up was Harris Andrews tackling. Pinning the arm.. And still not being rewarded.

Multiple times Port players magically got handballs away despite only having one arm free. Terrible umpiring.

I'm stunned some are choosing to somehow put a negative spin on Archie and his debut. Clearly one of our best last night. He's still got loads to work on but the sky really is the limit for him.
Are people judging him as a 75-game player? For game 1 in the circumstances of the game and team he is in, that was a great debut.

Flipped my lid seeing this time and time again last night.
The umpiring was a disgrace all night. So many non-decisions for holding the ball / incorrect disposal and in the back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see a bit more of Archie over these last 4 games if we could manage to slot him in. Would be a good exercise in showing him what he really has to target and work on over the off-season. Might give him a bit more motivation as well.

I doubt we could play both of Martin and Archie in the one side though?

According to his post-match interview, he popped the AC out, but it was put back in and he had a pain killer.

I think everything sounded fine as he was talking as though he would be available next week.

With only a handful of games left in the season you'd think he'd play through it. Especially if they were senior games.

I doubt we could play both of Martin and Archie in the one side though?
I don't think it matters too much.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting Andrews or Merrett in cotton wool and giving Martin a run behind the footy.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting Andrews or Merrett in cotton wool and giving Martin a run behind the footy.

Andrews doesn't look near 100% at the moment. I suppose Merrett would depend on whether he is going around again. If not then would be nice to see him get to 200.

He's a young kid in only his second year being asked to take on a key defensive post. This year he has had to step into fill Clarkes shoes. It was always going to be a big ask.

have loved rogs passion for the club but i wouldn't be opposed to putting his AFL career in cotton wool permanently, sorry rog.

trial as a key back for the rest of the year? michael close:thumbsu:. with schache, hipwood, walker, and ballenden in the 2017 draft i don't think there will be room for close in a year or 2, he needs to find a spot quick smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide

Back