Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked to see Finn tagging Daicos from the get go tbh. Daicos is a core centre bounce mid now, Finn doesn't do so well when he starts in the midfield. Maybe he takes him in general play but I do feel like we've brought him in for other reasons, the fact that he has a good history on Daicos is just an added bonus if we need it.

I said this earlier but agree with cs61 that Finns value stretches beyond his ability to ruin Naicos. Collingwood have been struggling with Oppo outside run in the second halves... Who's the clubs second best runner? Finn. Reward for excellent VFL form and can contribute in multiple ways

RD 19 TEAM
Hawthorn v Collingwood
Saturday 20 July
MCG, 4.35pm

In:
Jack Ginnivan, Finn Maginness
Out: Harry Morrison (omitted), Cam Mackenzie (managed)

B: Jarman Impey, Sam Frost, Karl Amon
HB: Will Day, Jack Scrimshaw, James Sicily
C: Finn Maginness, Dylan Moore, Connor Macdonald
HF: James Worpel, Blake Hardwick, Mabior Chol
F: Jack Ginnivan, Calsher Dear, Josh Ward
R: Lloyd Meek, Conor Nash, Jai Newcombe

INT: Luke Breust, Changkuoth Jiath, Josh Weddle, Nick Watson, Massimo D'Ambrosio

EMER: Jack Gunston, Harry Morrison, Cam Mackenzie

Jack(Gini) & Nick will be a really good combination for years to come. Add Moore and our small forwards are set for years. Needs another tall forward and a tall back and it's a winning team.

I said this earlier but agree with cs61 that Finns value stretches beyond his ability to ruin Naicos. Collingwood have been struggling with Oppo outside run in the second halves... Who's the clubs second best runner? Finn. Reward for excellent VFL form and can contribute in multiple ways
Huge opportunity for both Ward and Finn to use their running ability to grab a spot in best 22. If they are both in our top 10 players this week it’s over and we win easily.

Not sure I like the Finn to tag move. Feels like it could potentially backfire on us overall with our structure but happy to be wrong.

Interested to see what changes we end up seeing.

Finn may be used as an attacking midfielder and Sam may be bluffing after Fly said he hoped Hawthorn bring in Finn.

The role his been playing at BH.

I would be shocked to see Finn tagging Daicos from the get go tbh. Daicos is a core centre bounce mid now, Finn doesn't do so well when he starts in the midfield. Maybe he takes him in general play but I do feel like we've brought him in for other reasons, the fact that he has a good history on Daicos is just an added bonus if we need it.
Will come in to the square off a wing or flank

Finn to Daicos doubters still not repenting

No way he's in to just take minutes from Harry and Frenchie on form. Remember how reluctant Sam was to change the team during the win streak based on VFL form? The boys just had one of their best wins of the year.

It'll be a good ol TAG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only issue I have is Moore is going to back himself to free wheel. No real obvious opponent with Gunston not there unless Sis moves down there. Howe is playing and will take Chol. Were going in with the 2 talls but than again so are they which will play to our advantage also. Honestly feel we will send Sis forward if his shoulder is still a concern and play defensive forward on Moore if hes having an Influence. At some point he will find some form and he's been copping plenty of scrutiny. Key to the match is Daicos and Moore IMO.

Harry Morrison a little unlucky, I thought he has been good as our substitute since he came back into the team.

Reckon CJ is due for a big game as he should be pretty much back to full fitness by now and we need his run and carry to make that final push to make finals.

Harry Morrison a little unlucky, I thought he has been good as our substitute since he came back into the team.

Reckon CJ is due for a big game as he should be pretty much back to full fitness by now and we need his run and carry to make that final push to make finals.
He's a rung below for our current make up unfortunately. A "who comes out" situation

Harry's kind've like the Jonathan Simpkin of this team

Fair bit of pressure on Finn. If he goes ok and plays in to a bit of form, I can see a cult grand final player script getting written. However could be the end of the road if it all goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back