Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday twilight at the G between 2 Melbourne clubs has, perhaps accidentally, become a new prime time slot. Happy to take more of these.
I think it's a good time for attending live. Sun's still out while you're going in but by half time it's dark enough it's essentially a night game. Then after the game you get the whole evening to revel in a win or distract yourself from a loss.

It is going to be interesting to see if the Wizz tries to rile the Pies supporters as he was a Pies supporter growing up and was at the GF last year.

Together with Ginni, could the two of them cause a combustion of the Pies faithful at the MCG on Saturday?

Oh boy

Are you kidding. The more prime viewing games you get, the more you attract sponsors. Pretty simple, I would have thought.
Are you suggesting that our major sponsors are tipping in / holding back money at the start of every season based on our fixture?

Got any details to back this up?

Are you suggesting that our major sponsors are tipping in / holding back money at the start of every season based on our fixture?

Got any details to back this up?
I’m not getting into an argument over something that is pretty straight forward common business knowledge. The more exposure you get commercial wise, the more money the club makes.

Who takes Hill and Elliot?

I reckon Hardwick needs to play in defence to matchup on either Elliot or JDG (when resting there).
Hardwick would quell Elliott well enough.
Impey to Hill?

I'm more concerned that Schulz will suddenly regain form than I am about Hill. And I'm really hoping we can intercept well & keep the ball off the deck in their Forward line.

I remember Gunston's breakout game for us was against Collingwood in which he kicked 5 goals.
We may have been down a key forward IIRC and he became one of the main targets in that game.
Killed them.

I can see Watson doing something similar bc I just get the feeling Collingwood are ripe to be smashed by a rising team full of enthusiasm for a smashing. This could be it.

Watson with 5.
Chol/Dear with 5 between them.
Perfect day for a 45 point win.

Who takes Hill and Elliot?

I reckon Hardwick needs to play in defence to matchup on either Elliot or JDG (when resting there).
Impey - Hill
Hardwick - Eilliot.
Scrimshaw - JDG. ( Weddle)

Plenty of options such a flexibly side. D'Ambrosio is another option for Eilliot.
Weddle is the perfect size for JDG but Scrimshaw has the I.Q to nullify him.

Makes sense that Adelaide and their strong 2024 form deserved a marquee Friday night game over this one...

Can't be bothered with the Orange font, but it's dripping off that sentence.

I'm as critical of the fixture as anyone but that is Essendons Friday game not Adelaide's.....when they set the structure Essendon was top 3 and flying and Adelaide looked like they had turned a corner having won 3.5 out of 5.

Hawks where 15th having lost 5 to start with a couple of scrappy wins to our name. Most of our own supporters probably didn't see us as being in a finals hunt by round 19 let alone the AFL. Frankly, Collingwood is the only reason this isn't a Sunday game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just checked to see if I could get my eldest kids to this game.... no chance. We have a sell out!

Amazing in a year that we were supposed to be bottom 4, we are getting a full MCG for season matches. Fantastic!

Saturday Twilight/Night games are the best. Miss them
Absolutely because it ends up being a big afternoon/night if you clear your schedule. Drinks a couple of hours before the game and afterwards. Do t mins this timeslot at all it's generally one you could get a few mates together if your not able to attend.

A few members may opt out because Mernda and Hurstbridge Metro lines are part buses this weekend.
Isn't as many Hawks fans up north as other parts of Melbourne. If it was affecting the East and South East than there would be a noticeable difference in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back