Autopsy Round 2, 2021: St.Kilda v Melbourne *SPUD'S GAME* *SINCLAIR 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Just played silly football.

All week the talk was that Lever, May and Tomlinson wouldn't be allowed to dominate like they did against Freo. That our forwardline was too dangerous for them to run loose.

We played right into it. Long, high, bombs and the picked it off all night.

Got smashed in the middle. Good story Paul Hunter but there was a chasm in talent in that contest.

Thought we looked sluggish after last week too.

Ratts needs to send a message next week to fire them up -

Out: Hill, Lonie & Hunter
In: Crouch, Kent & Carlisle

Play McKernan as the #1 ruck, Carlisle as the ruck/forward.
It wasn’t just that. When we lowered the eyes to hit targets we just couldn’t hit them. Our efficiency going inside 50 was the worst I’ve seen since richo

We weren't as we should be. Interstate trip? Heavy legs? The emotion of Spud's game? Not making excuses, looking for reasons. Think we'll be ok. We were in touch, even though we played horribly. Hard to be tough on Hunter. Tried his guts out. Not in the same League. We've had better credentialled ruckmen mauled by Gawn before.

We just didn't seem to have much system. We started the game not bombing it down their backmen's throats, but ended up doing it again. You'd think we'd learn.

Disappointing, but a good week on the track and we'll be back.

Don't think it needs to be stressed anymore, by Roma and Ryder are so so so so so so so so important to us. Everyone looks better when they're in the side. And if they're not, well, they look like they did tonight...

Leadership group was solid, the rest absolute letdown

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or maybe it’s just that the hub life suited us. We don’t look like we could beat anyone after tonight. Embarrassed

You cant win games when the midfield is being flogged. Bytel had a big defensive game last week, impressed the coach and got dropped in favour of Jones who was absolute crap, as was all our forward half, King has a long long way to go regardless of what some may think. We had a whole midfield who didn't win the hard ball.

Just a bloody disgrace to see how bad some of our better players played tonight and the lack of leadership. Might as well bring Sam Alabakis in next week in the ruck and give him a taste. PHunter tried hard but is just not up to it, and McKernan was making up numbers- no good blaming those two for a soft effort by the midfield when the ball hit the ground. We had good second efforts last week, but none this week.

Ratts may need to reflect on his coaching efforts and team selection tonight.

It would have been worse but for Demons' mediocre goal kicking. Played well for the end of q1 and start of q2, but the rest was really poor: lots of errors and general sloppy play. Outstandingly bad from Hunter and Hill, with several others only slightly better. Melbourne were there for the taking, too; their defence looks weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKernan, Higgins, Lonie, Butler, Hill, Long, Sinclair, Hunter, Jones. All horrible games.

We cannot keep playing Hunter and McKernan in the same team.

That was our worst performance since Good Friday against the Roos I reckon. Cannot believe how sh*te Hill was, he started the game off really well with his intensity too but then cost us on so many occasions.

The positives were Ross, Steele, Howard and Membrey. Also that we didn’t let it blow out. Gresham had some good moments too but his disposal is still terrible most of the time.

In: Marshall/Ryder, Kent, Crouch
Out: Hunter, Lonie/Higgins, Webster/Long depending on Jimmy’s injury

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
[/QUOTE]

Oh we should play the guy who would be playing if he wasn't injured. Thanks Einstein.

if Jake Carlisle isn’t selected on field for next weeks game I’m going to melt down on selection night. We played terribly tonight, would he have made a difference? I say yes. We lost to Melbourne last year by not playing him. If Ratten wants to win games he needs to bring the best players into the game.

if Jake Carlisle isn’t selected on field for next weeks game I’m going to melt down on selection night. We played terribly tonight, would he have made a difference? I say yes. We lost to Melbourne last year by not playing him. If Ratten wants to win games he needs to bring the best players into the game.

We didn't lose the game inside d50, we lost it in the midfield. Jake wouldn't have made a jot of difference.

McKernan, Higgins, Lonie, Butler, Hill, Long, Sinclair, Hunter, Jones. All horrible games.

We cannot keep playing Hunter and McKernan in the same team.

That was our worst performance since Good Friday against the Roos I reckon. Cannot believe how sh*te Hill was, he started the game off really well with his intensity too but then cost us on so many occasions.

The positives were Ross, Steele, Howard and Membrey. Also that we didn’t let it blow out. Gresham had some good moments too but his disposal is still terrible most of the time.

In: Marshall/Ryder, Kent, Crouch
Out: Hunter, Lonie/Higgins, Webster/Long depending on Jimmy’s injury

Oh we should play the guy who would be playing if he wasn't injured. Thanks Einstein.[/QUOTE]

Marshall and Ryder are both a chance of returning next week, that’s why I have one of them as the ins. What’s with the attitude?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2, 2021: St.Kilda v Melbourne *SPUD'S GAME* *SINCLAIR 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back