Autopsy Round 2, 2021: St.Kilda v Melbourne *SPUD'S GAME* *SINCLAIR 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely lazy by us. I can only think that we were tired after last week. Watching guys like Membrey and King wobbling as they walk in to kick, Steele was just about barfing from exhaustion, we looked spent.

But all week we wrote about bombing long to the Dees... glad the team took that onboard :rolleyes: flipping telegraphed that one. The Dees setup around the drop of the ball is first class, we totally played to their strengths yet again. We should've gone low and quickly for the smalls, instead Butler, Higgins, Lonie the bottom three on the ground.

Remember last year how Brad Hill apparently wasn't playing badly, we just needed to get the ball in his hands more? If anything we need to make a concerted effort to keep it away from him. Absolute butcher. Was playing like he was sent by Melbourne to take us down from the inside.
I think he'll retire without laying a single tackle using the shoulder.

A very big shoutout to Seb Ross. He has changed a lot, he’s genuinely stepped up as a leader. The defensive efforts stood out today for me, I think with the pressure of not being the next “captain” has relieved him a lot, he looks a lot free out there, taking the game on, and yes he does make a odd mistake here and there but the last 2 games he’s been very good, i’m very happy for him.

SOOO PISSED
Nothing personal but LOLNIE ****ed us
when we when sqillings in front 2nd qter instead of playing in front , he took off for the goal sq , looking for cheap goalp goal , his opponent marked and they kick a goal
missed kick into forward line , they rebounded
got pinned holding the ball , when 2 onto 1
tooooooooo small , a 2nds type player when we have injuries
have butler, higgins bytel etc

A very big shoutout to Seb Ross. He has changed a lot, he’s genuinely stepped up as a leader. The defensive efforts stood out today for me, I think with the pressure of not being the next “captain” has relieved him a lot, he looks a lot free out there, taking the game on, and yes he does make a odd mistake here and there but the last 2 games he’s been very good, i’m very happy for him.

great post

Remember last year how Brad Hill apparently wasn't playing badly, we just needed to get the ball in his hands more? If anything we need to make a concerted effort to keep it away from him. Absolute butcher. Was playing like he was sent by Melbourne to take us down from the inside.

Hill got us Ryder who got us Howard.

That said, for what they paid in a trade and salary, Melbourne got the better value wingman from Freo in Ed Langdon.

Also something tells me that everyone has wised up to the long bomb to the top of the square strategy... you can do it half the time still when there’s no better options, otherwise, it’s basically asking to be rebounded if the opposition tall defenders are any good.. King can’t win against 2-3 talls.. dumb tactic that’s been over used..

But then how do we kick better? by having 2-3 inside mids who can win the ball under pressure and can dish the ball to over lapping runners or teammates waiting outside the congestion (Hill).. We have Steele, that’s it. Melbourne had Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Bradshaw). When we finally get the ball out.. it’s fumbled, and under pressure..

So, get Steele, Crouch and Bytel to do that.. We only really had Steele battling the whole Melbourne midfield by himself.. and he did a good job at that.. So It’s a mistake to start Paul Hunter in front of Bytel..Bytel’s hands are magnificent and he knows how to release runners in space.. something Ross, Gresham cannot do..a rushed kick or handball can work with luck, but cannot get you a clean look/kick to the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're really short a quality inside mid - Steele can't do it all on his own, and the rest aren't really strong enough.

Luckily next week we get back a guy who averages 10 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 5 tackles, 25+ touches. Really hope Crouch can stay fit this year, will make a huge difference to our chemistry in there.

Petracca would be handy to run with Steele, never mind the free hit we had on that

Would you want Petracca if it meant Richo was still coaching and we didn't have Max King?

Petracca in our team now would be great.

Drafting him over McCartin is a butterfly effect moment that changes the entire makeup of the club right now.

Need to move coffield up to the wing hes got the tools to be a very good wingman. We need his pace. You cant leave your top ten talent struggling in backline the freedom will do him good. Lets see if hes got what it takes to go to the next level.

Carlisle has to play. Free up wilkie

Howard saved us from a 20 goal thrashing.

Ross was great.

12 months on and the 800000 dollar man is still dogshit. Cant stand him hes a peaheart.

We were dominant for about 10 minutes in the start of the second and couldn't put it on the scoreboard. Rest of the game we were putrid. Embarrassing performance tonight...
Zac Jones can't play again if we have Bytel available. Was an absolute disgrace tonight. That was one of the most painful performances I've seen live.

Need to move coffield up to the wing hes got the tools to be a very good wingman. We need his pace. You cant leave your top ten talent struggling in backline the freedom will do him good. Lets see if hes got what it takes to go to the next level.

Carlisle has to play. Free up wilkie

Howard saved us from a 20 goal thrashing.

Ross was great.

12 months on and the 800000 dollar man is still dogshit. Cant stand him hes a peaheart.

hey coops have ever tried your hand at rucking before? serious question, not even joking

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2, 2021: St.Kilda v Melbourne *SPUD'S GAME* *SINCLAIR 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back