Preview Round 2, 2022: Fremantle v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Sunday 27th March, 6:20PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Dockers

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 32.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not righting us off it’s only round 1

But I don’t think we are a top 6 side that can play a consistent finals brand of footy that will get us a flag. We don’t have a midfield that wins contested footy which have to do to win finals

Everything goes right from here we might snag 8th spot

Two years ago is two years ago. It was a 17 game season with shorten quarters

To me it's also that every year you have to get 10% to 20% better just to stand still. Carlton looks much better all of a sudden and GC for that matter....Sdney too. North and Hawks will be improving and even if they only go from 4 to 6 wins, each time you have to be a bit better to knock them off. Nap and you lose. Buying up mature talent gives you less chance of vast improvement and Hunter Clark and Coffield who were where likely improvement comes from are both missing. King is the other one who probably needed to continue on and he looked more like early season Max than late season Max. Sharman the other really high potential player isn't even getting a game.

Jeez the mob really are baying for blood at the moment. I think you fellas have pumped up your expectations too high over the off-season.. this group is still developing. Paton and Gresh back from nearly 12 months out, Marshall was touch and go for the match, 2 debutants - one of which put in the best debut I've seen in a saints jumper!

Round 1 always throws up some strange results, and but for a bit of luck we would have pinched this one. Lets let the dust settle over the first few rounds and see what happens next eh?
The same group made finals and threw away a top 4 position in losses to Freo and North.

They gave the bottom half of the 8 a half year head start and missed out by let’s say 2 wins.

They aren’t still developing in the sense that making finals would be an over achievement. Finals should be the expectation and it is. The development is individually a lot of these guys can get much better.

Big difference.

But I don’t think we are a top 6 side that can play a consistent finals brand of footy that will get us a flag. We don’t have a midfield that wins contested footy which have to do to win finals

Jesus Mowman

Writing not righting

No wonder you mow lawns
Lift your game Legend off

Fair enough.

The scary thing about this week is that it's so crucial. If we win we go 1-1 and have a great chance to build to 3 or 4-1.

Lose and we are 0-2 with a game against Richmond. That's scary.

Recently we often shit the bed in these must-win games. The Carlton game last year a prime example.

We beat Freo last year but we had Jones, Hannebery and Coff all play well. Oh and Sharman :)

I'm worried about this week, but clinging to the hope that we turn it around quickly and push on to finals.

Jesus Mowman

Writing not righting

No wonder you mow lawns
Lift your game Legend off

I read some of my old posts and wonder who the illiterate moron is until I see my name attached to it.

Played great round 1. Win
Sub round 2. Lose
Dumped round 3. Lose
Played great round 4. Win
Dunstan in round 5. Whole team got smashed. Lose
Sub round 6. Lose
Played well round 7. Win
Quieter game round 8. Win
Ok game round 9. Lose
Poor game round 10 (whole team smashed. Mckernan ruck).
Dumped round 11 for the easy game vs North.
Round 13 sub then dumped
Round 18 sub then dumped
Round 21 sub then dumped
Round 23 dominant. Win

He did pretty damn well for being confusingly in and out and medi sub

What that also highlights was the utter cowardice around team selection last year. Bytel was never close to our biggest problem on the field, but he was easier to drop than Hill or Butler etc, because he's young.

Some good news is that Fyfe is in doubt to play against us with a back issue, Longmuir saying that he is more unlikely than likely to play at this stage.

Even without Fyfe the Freo midfield probably has ours covered and they will still be favourites to beat us but it would at least give us some hope.

Some good news is that Fyfe is in doubt to play against us with a back issue, Longmuir saying that he is more unlikely than likely to play at this stage.

Even without Fyfe the Freo midfield probably has ours covered and they will still be favourites to beat us but it would at least give us some hope.
If Darcy misses aswell I think we have the upper hand in midfield.

Curious as to why NMM wasn't selected over Owens against Collingwood- surely the number one recruit gets a game first up over an academy kid..I think most other clubs give their no.1 pick a game? What's the thinking down at Moorabbin so far- seems to be a bit of desperation or confusion..or dumbness...dunno.
What number you go in the draft is irrelevant to selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Darcy is likely to play, I think he's over that calf issue he had.
Smart coaching makes Marshall work very hard around the ground and then push forward.

Lack of game time and a sore calf would absolutely hate to have to run around like that.

Smart coaching makes Marshall work very hard around the ground and then push forward.

Lack of game time and a sore calf would absolutely hate to have to run around like that.

Yeah we will need Marshall and Hayes to run him around as much as possible if he does play to test out his calf and his overall fitness.

Taberner will also miss this game so we should have an edge on them with our talls, it's at ground level where we could have problems against them.

Yeah we will need Marshall and Hayes to run him around as much as possible if he does play to test out his calf and his overall fitness.

Taberner will also miss this game so we should have an edge on them with our talls, it's at ground level where we could have problems against them.
So a carbon copy of last week.

I've got a crazy idea: what if we tried kicking the ball to our forwards leading towards the kicker instead of roosting it over their heads?

King, Membrey, Marshall, Hayes, Sharman… even Higgins seem like they are pretty good at taking a grab if the ball is put to their advantage.
That’s crazy talk

Last year Fyfe tore us a new one on one leg, so this is positive.

Gee what we would give for Tom Hickey to be back at the club... rucking like he does for Sydney.

Another one of Sir Lethleans changes to our club when he arrived for the big clean out.

To me it's also that every year you have to get 10% to 20% better just to stand still. Carlton looks much better all of a sudden and GC for that matter....Sdney too. North and Hawks will be improving and even if they only go from 4 to 6 wins, each time you have to be a bit better to knock them off. Nap and you lose. Buying up mature talent gives you less chance of vast improvement and Hunter Clark and Coffield who were where likely improvement comes from are both missing. King is the other one who probably needed to continue on and he looked more like early season Max than late season Max. Sharman the other really high potential player isn't even getting a game.
Think of the positive's , we were getting flogged and in one quarter turned around a 30 point odd margin.
It shows when they can turn it on they can steam roll - now they have to fix the problem that made us get behind by so much and hopefully the midfield can turn it around.

Think of the positive's , we were getting flogged and in one quarter turned around a 30 point odd margin.
It shows when they can turn it on they can steam roll - now they have to fix the problem that made us get behind by so much and hopefully the midfield can turn it around.

This is very similar to what we went through with Richo.

Get blown away in one quarter, the opposition then slows down with the game under control ... let us win a couple quarters.

The club then takes away the huge positives, some nice tidbits for Richo to ramble on about... wash and repeat for next weeks game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back