• Yes

Votes: 78 74.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 45 42.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You blokes need to get rid of Kochie as we did with Ed.
Replace Hinkley with someone like Adam Yze or Blake Caracella. Both have held high apprentiships like McRae and both considered huge football brains.

Out with the deadwood and don't bring in recycled deadwood.
I would have been rapt with either Yze or Caracella and happy we got McRae.
Club needs to get serious because as Pies proved it's possible.

Respect and good luck
Have been pushing hard for Yze for a while, the problem is he was reluctant to leave Melbourne , however he would be the smart strategic type coach ( with strong skills focus) that we all crave. Anyways the time for change is approaching, enjoy your ride why ya flying high.

Have been pushing hard for Yze for a while, the problem is he was reluctant to leave Melbourne , however he would be the smart strategic type coach ( with strong skills focus) that we all crave. Anyways the time for change is approaching, enjoy your ride why ya flying high.
I'm sure if Port made the call Yze would sign on. He, Caracella and McRae have done lots of interviews with no success.
Carlton went with Voss who I don't rate. Saints with Lyon. Yeah they look good for now but a big pass from me.

Say you bring in Yze, he will come in with young assistants.
Someone like Mark Williams as a mentor/adviser.
The club will change magically instantly.

Blokes like Kochie, Ed and used coaches are a thing of the past.
Yze and Caracella are the future.
F****d if I know why no one is looking at them.

I'm sure if Port made the call Yze would sign on. He, Caracella and McRae have done lots of interviews with no success.
Carlton went with Voss who I don't rate. Saints with Lyon. Yeah they look good for now but a big pass from me.

Say you bring in Yze, he will come in with young assistants.
Someone like Mark Williams as a mentor/adviser.
The club will change magically instantly.

Blokes like Kochie, Ed and used coaches are a thing of the past.
Yze and Caracella are the future.
F****d if I know why no one is looking at them.
We can only dream, but this forum is tired of banging its head and getting nowhere. If we eventually change we could end up with Buckley .

We can only dream, but this forum is tired of banging its head and getting nowhere. If we eventually change we could end up with Buckley .
Not the worst choice to be honest. A good coach with not much to work with players wise.
Almost stole a premiership but scumps 🤣

I'd still go for the new and untried.
Ed really had to screw up royally before change was demanded.
Dunno but Kochie needs to go.
Hinckley is cooked too.
We were in this position 14 months ago. Exactly if not worse than you guys.

Not the worst choice to be honest. A good coach with not much to work with players wise.
Almost stole a premiership but scumps 🤣

I'd still go for the new and untried.
Ed really had to screw up royally before change was demanded.
Dunno but Kochie needs to go.
Hinckley is cooked too.
We were in this position 14 months ago. Exactly if not worse than you guys.
To round out the trifecta of incompetence our CEO has previously decried that Port Adelaide of the AFL aren't the real Port Adelaide.

Pick your poison,

Ether stay a member with a club that is rapidly sinking away from its roots because of the boys club running it, just to play the loyal card.

Or, cancel the membership and make a statement to the club that as passionate fans, we've had enough of our annual groundhog season performances with minimal onfield improvment on a timeloop. Looking 'unloyal' to the so called 'loyal' supporters.

I cancelled my membership at the beginning of last year and so far have not regretted my decision. The day that coward is out of our club, I'll be right back in.
You do you but as a member I bloody loved watching JHF’s first game and that win against Brisbane.

Yes, I too as a non member enjoyed watching JHF's game and the win against brisbane.

I'm sorry I will endeavour to remember to state if I am a member or not when I make posts about enjoying or not enjoying things.

The Dan Houston HTB in the 1st Quarter requires a full explanation from the AFL Umpiring Department.
If that constitutes HTB then our game has changed.
As many have expressed on this Forum it doesnt change the result but it was very early and it seemed to spook a few of our players to be afraid to take on the tackle. Speaking of which I am hoping Josh Carr can explain to JHF he doesnt need to fend off every tackler, as under the new rules he is going to get pinged everytime. 6 Frees against is testament to these over zealous Umpires. Sometimes you just have to the Tackle and the ensuing stop play.
Having said that, with Carr we have the perfect person to guide him through.
Went to the game and was really impressed with Collingwood and what a game style. It is even more electric watching them live and with 60,000+ there it was an experience. We were poor for most of the game, but at times we did have our chances and look a little bit dangerous. Dixon and Drew were our best by a long way. Charlie might be about to have another 2020 season with some luck.
This week is going to tell us alot about this year, if we lose the rumblings are going to get very loud.
This! I was at the game sitting where Houston was done. Houston questioned the umpire about the arm pinning in the first quarter, no explanation - clever of Collingwood to continue doing it as they got us over and over (can’t remember ever seeing Houston being caught HTB so often) they simply bashed us up, I hope the boys reviewed it well and come out firing this week.

WTF is with the all the goals video the club put up? Each clip is about 6 seconds, shows no lead up play, just the gather/mark (cut) ball sailing through posts (cut), and we're done.

Marshall's second goal is literally about half a second of vision.

The Daicos situation was infuriating. Hinkley blabbering on about putting Rioli or someone dangerous on him and then he ends up going Lachie Jones. Either Jones is heavily overrated by us or it was complete fluff and a horrible execution of a tag if tagging was the directive.

Jones was caught ball watching multiple times and 5-10 metres off him for every Daicos possession.

Ive heard this ‘put a dangerous player on him’ sentiment but are the media and Hinkley that stupid to think that if a Toby Green type went to Daicos at Half fwd Green’s direct opponent wouldn't just go and stand next to him anyway. Its also taking away a dangerous fwd’s best attribute by having him worry about where Daicos is at all times and not try and win the footy himself.

Daicos is actually very susceptible to a hard tag as seen by Sydney’s Clarke and Hawks Maginess. This was shades of Terrorising Lachie Neale all over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredrea on AA this afternoon said he has thought for a while we have a mentally weak playing group. He is bang on but nothing is done about it.
I've been saying similar about the senior players for a while now. I get attacked for it on other forums but there's two constants in this era, Hinkley who rightfully cops it from the fans & the senior players who lay the egg they did on Saturday often in big games. No point naming the games they've failed in, we know the games but they always escape criticism and it truly boggles my mind.

Nothing I've seen this year has changed my opinion that our next flag tilt happens with a new coach, and when JHF, Rozee, Butters and co are the senior players.

One of the best things about the JHF trade is that its triggered David King in to honesty about Port haha
"They took JHF from me? Well I'll take their precious Ken Hinkley away from them!" /evil laugh

If he really wanted to get back at us he should have doubled down on Ken praise.

The Dan Houston HTB in the 1st Quarter requires a full explanation from the AFL Umpiring Department.
If that constitutes HTB then our game has changed.
As many have expressed on this Forum it doesnt change the result but it was very early and it seemed to spook a few of our players to be afraid to take on the tackle. Speaking of which I am hoping Josh Carr can explain to JHF he doesnt need to fend off every tackler, as under the new rules he is going to get pinged everytime. 6 Frees against is testament to these over zealous Umpires. Sometimes you just have to the Tackle and the ensuing stop play.
Having said that, with Carr we have the perfect person to guide him through.
Went to the game and was really impressed with Collingwood and what a game style. It is even more electric watching them live and with 60,000+ there it was an experience. We were poor for most of the game, but at times we did have our chances and look a little bit dangerous. Dixon and Drew were our best by a long way. Charlie might be about to have another 2020 season with some luck.
This week is going to tell us alot about this year, if we lose the rumblings are going to get very loud.
This week wont tell us anything, we know we can get up for showdowns, against an ordinary side. We know we can beat middle of the road sides.

the coll8ngwood game told us what we needed to know, nothings changed in 10 years, we cant live up to expectation. We aren’t a top 8 side, we aren’t even close. As soon as the pressure was applied, the expectation rose we shat the bed again.

which game was the outlier.. was it the Brisbane game? i think so, I just think the group isn’t good enough and mentally strong enough. as a supporter it’s embarrassing to have your club talking itself up for a big game and then give up after a 15 minute effort.

I dont get how at board level this could be accepted, at any level. I don’t get how this isn’t agenda item number 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 2, 2023 vs Collingwood

Back