Toast Round 2 = Collingwood 135-64 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Shout out to Leppa.
At this rate he may prove a better fwd Coach than backline - which would be extraordinary.
Forwards worked hard to block and create space for each other today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely love this incarnation of Collingwood. It's a joy to watch us up close. Such an entertaining brand of football with so many highlights throughout. McRae's objective for us to be the most entertaining team in the competition is delivering in spades.

Nick Daicos is special. Had a lot of expectation prior to being drafted, but he continues to do things that leave us in awe. We're blessed to have him.

Outstanding from Darcy Cameron. 16 contested possessions which is a remarkable statistic. +57 contested possessions just demonstrates why we dominated so much today. You're going to win every time with those types of numbers.

Good first game for Billy Frampton. Won't be a superstar by any means, but he fit into our system well today. Did his job and looked composed as the match progressed.

Biggest winning margin since 2016, and our biggest win under McRae thus far surpassing the previous high of 42 points at Round 2 last year against Adelaide. It was also our highest score since 2018 when the 'Swoop Squad' were in their prime.

60,744 people in attendance is a brilliant number against an interstate club. It just underlies the strength we have as a supporter base.

Richmond next week is another big challenge. It's one that we'll relish.

I love that Fly said in his presser the other day that he would tag Nick Daicos if he was an opposition coach.
Hinkley took the bait as expected and we saw how how Nick handled it.
Not only does it show a cheeky "catch us if you can" attitude, but also a complete belief in what Nick can do.
He's building up a player who is already in the top handful in the whole competition.

There will be interest, despite his failed Brisbane tenure.

He's essentially rehabilitated his coaching reputation with Richmond and now us.
He said a few years ago he had no desire to go back to senior coaching. Even took a break for 12 months before McRae coaxed him back iirc. Pretty sure Fly is the only reason he even got back in to it tbh, he seems pretty content as a part of this coaching panel.

Thought McStay's game was pretty good today. Didn't do anything outstanding but he seemed to be more in sync with Checkers compared to last week.

On a side note, being in the Ponny I saw McStay walk back to position (to the goal square) following Daicos' potential GOTY, he looked up at the replay screen and was just shaking his head in awe of how good Daicos' goal was, almost like a regular supporter. He was literally smiling seeing what Daicos had just produced.

That was a really nice moment that wouldn't have been captured by the broadcasters.

Tad over 50 that day. A. Rocca's Collingwood debut. Buck's took a hanger. The guy from Hooty and the Blowfish tossed the coin. Ian Downsborough got knocked out and looked dead. Sadly, Lee Walker's last game as a Pie
And I was abused by the Port fan in front of me for being “Too loud all day!” Which of course made the volume raise quite a bit louder. Good day.

I have a huge problem with this thread. Where are the whipping boys being dropped every week, where’s the abuse of the coach not making any moves. Wheres the “the Cox experiment is over” WHE needs to be dropped, Darcy Moore is too loose and doesn’t play on anyone. We keep kicking it backwards, how can we score?
I think I need to go read the game day thread from the Port game at the G in 2021.

I don’t like this you are all too positive and nice, apart from certain posters who I’ve ignored anyway.

Flagpies ⚫⚪

Just on frampton… his first 50 he gave away…….

The stand rule has been a great innovation and has directly lead to the improvement in the game we love to watch.

however….. the rule needs a tweak. There should be nothing stopping a player moving backwards off the mark. Sideways, forwards, upwards… no problem. But backwards should be free game.

Last edited:
Yep, but obviously u try and reduce the amount of gambling advertisement that children are exposed to… no?
It's a disgrace. Gambling ads non stop. AFL complicent in this.
Since living in Thailand I don't see any of this crap.
Yes adults can choose what they do but the ads target everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 2 = Collingwood 135-64 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back