Game Day Round 2: The Premiers vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentioned in the other thread that this is possibly the tallest side we've ever put on a field.

Players 190cm or over

Macrae
Crameri
Bont
Stringer
Cordy
Adams
Roberts
Cloke
T.Boyd
Campbell

Personally I'm not a fan.

4 of those don't play like they are that height. There was a time in footy where if you were that height, you were a ruckman or just too slow or couldn't play. Athletics in general have just improved that much that these 190cm+ mids are just becoming the norm, it's actually harder for shorter players if anything

I am looking forward to seeing Nic Newman, Robbie Fox and
Will Hayward debut for Sydney pity it's against us, but at
least they won't have to have a gatorade shower or sing
the song tonight. Sam Reid to start back, should win, but
their Etihad record is quite good.

All of the talk of us being really tall, out of the grand final are hamling Roughead and Morris replaced by Adams Cloke and Campbell it's not that much taller and then we have Murphy and suckling in ahead of Dunkley and smith which arguably adds more run to our team don't understand the concerns to be honest

I am looking forward to seeing Nic Newman, Robbie Fox and
Will Hayward debut for Sydney pity it's against us, but at
least they won't have to have a gatorade shower or sing
the song tonight. Sam Reid to start back, should win, but
their Etihad record is quite good.
If Sam Reid starts back I'll eat my own face, then drive down to Melbourne and slap Horse. He's very threatening forward and very average back.

Likely Aliir is a late inclusion.

Lot of talk Hannebery is gonna be a late out there's no excuses.

150 should do it. Does beating a half strength sydney side whilst missing ~5 of our best really tell us much about flag favs though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any late changes?

Happy last day of term to any fellow teachers. I've been blasting music and dancing round the house in my reg grundies since 4pm.

Pumped for tonight. Go Dogs!

Nothing will ever ever beat last year and tonight is a lovely reminder of a special year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 2: The Premiers vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back