Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port fans, who replaces Ryder? Will it just be a reshuffle with Westhoff/Dixon/Howard/Watts spending time in the ruck or will one of your ruckmen debut?

Could be an interesting rookie option if the latter.

Hey lads!
I need a bit of advice. Got off to a good start (2490) and sitting in top 150. Therefore I'm planning to point maximise to stay in touch. Currently have 75k in the bank.
Not feeling comfortable in my back structure at all and thinking about dropping a mid premo and doing a bit of shuffling. What I was thinking was Fyfe-billings and naughton-bonner.
Swing Sicily back and start Holman and Kelly on the field.
I know this sounds really dumb, and wouldnt be considering it if I didnt have such a decent week. Any other suggestions would be great.
View attachment 475245
tenor.gif

Just noticed that Stef has the same bye as Maxy, makes him difficult to bring in for Paddy. Don't trust NicNat or Kruuze to stay fit.
Leaves me with Ryder -> Witts. Kill me now. :(
Best 18 on field. Doesnt matter if you have no ruck as long as there is balance on field. Dont get caught up on positions for the byes, just pick best availible.
In saying that Witts is not the worst choice and seems to have a lot of confidence. Scored well in first half when Goldy did too and the weather was not suited to either of them. A nice POD.

Best 18 on field. Doesnt matter if you have no ruck as long as there is balance on field. Dont get caught up on positions for the byes, just pick best availible.
In saying that Witts is not the worst choice and seems to have a lot of confidence. Scored well in first half when Goldy did too and the weather was not suited to either of them. A nice POD.
I think if you have planned your team around Ryder's r10 bye. Witts is the obvious choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Merret doesn't get named and Danger does, thoughts on Merret > Danger?
And thoughts regardless if they are both named. If I'm gonna do it, I want to do it this round so I can use my trades next week to correct rookies last minute if I have to.

Pro - I'm getting the best scorer from last year in my team, before Merret drops in price dramatically, for basically the entire season

Con - A sideways trade very early. Danger likely to drop in price and could get him cheaper around bye time. Merret will most likely score very solid for the year.

WTF? Is this some parallel universe that I have just stepped into? :eek:

Asho81 going from asking everyone for trade advice every 2 seconds to now trolling coaches. LOL!

Oh the insanity!

giphy.gif
Lol.... suggesting to drop lachie Neale after a 99 is crazy talk. Surely there’s other pressing issues or rookie corrections after round 1. That’s all

EDIT -

Or i could just got Naughton > Bonner , leaves 28k and stuck with Lyshit
Think it may be worth sticking with Naughton. Crozier will be out for a few weeks so JJ will go back and the rise of Tim English and the availability of Redpath means the Wood forward experiment will stop so Naughton shouldn't have as much as a lockdown role. Think it may be worth waiting one more week to see what happens.

PS. L Fogarty is IMHO the mid rookie that is worth getting. Jack Graham could be amazing but I'm just not sure he will get as many tackles each week as he did and for $260,000 he would need at least 85 every week to make it worth it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I did consider Bradshaw but think the potential is there.
Scored reasonably considering his low TOG and possession count.

I think I'd prefer to keep Bradshaw than bring in English.

Although English looked good I can't help but think he might play 4-5 games and then get dropped for Boyd at some point? I read Boyd played in VFL practice match. Any knowledge on whether his preseason existed?

At least Bradshaw will continue to play.
Reckon with WB no forward targets and English being the future he will play most games this year as Ruck/Forward. 89% time on ground means he's fit enough tooo.

All good bro, just mucking around with ya! ;)
Cheers mate. It’s good to be back. I won’t be annoying this year. Just content to take in advice from You legends and provide solid feedback and the odd funny meme when the appropriate opportunity arises
(Ie. trading out lachie Neale, who will punp out 140 this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back