Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Merret doesn't get named and Danger does, thoughts on Merret > Danger?
And thoughts regardless if they are both named. If I'm gonna do it, I want to do it this round so I can use my trades next week to correct rookies last minute if I have to.

Pro - I'm getting the best scorer from last year in my team, before Merret drops in price dramatically, for basically the entire season

Con - A sideways trade very early. Danger likely to drop in price and could get him cheaper around bye time. Merret will most likely score very solid for the year.

Interested to see what others say on this.
The 17 is irrelevant now.
Guess you'd want a minimum of 200 - 250 points out of a trade.
Estimate what you think Danger will average and how many you think he could miss from here on in, and assume a rookie 65-odd those weeks.
Do the same for Zerrett.
Factor in C multiplier potential tricky (Danger x times, Zerrett y times at 130+,,but it's about the VC possibilities with Paddy, so you need to look at the draw).
If the differential is enough for you, go for it. (For many, it will be, I'm worried by hammy / back.)
I have Zerrett and am holding ( the price drop doesn't come into it in that case).
Nervous, but reckon he's still top 10 from here on in if no more concussion issues (fair old if, tbh)

Last edited:
Interested to see what others say on this.
The 17 is irrelevant now.
Guess you'd want a minimum of 200 - 250 points out of a trade.
Estimate what you think Danger will average and how many you think he could miss, and assume a rookie 65-odd those weeks.
Do the same for Zerrett.
Factor in C multiplier potential tricky (Danger x times, Zerrett y times at 130+,,but it's about the VC possibilities with Paddy, so you need to look at the draw).
If the differential is enough for you, go for it. (For many, it will be, I'm worried by hammy / back.)
I have Zerrett and am holding ( the price drop doesn't come into it in that case).
Nervous, but reckon he's still top 10 from here on in if no more concussion issues (fair old if, tbh)
I don't have Danger either, and have no intention of getting him any time soon. I would rather pay 750k for him knowing that he's been regularly punching out 150 scores than pay 750k for an unknown product. His back/ hammy worries me. I don't get it when people say it's costing me points, because it simply frees up cash to strengthen my team elsewhere.

Lol.... suggesting to drop lachie Neale after a 99 is crazy talk. Surely there’s other pressing issues or rookie corrections after round 1. That’s all

Its not that I want to drop Neale.
I'm just trying to come up with ways to get Bonner in.
Thats the only correction I've got to make and unfortunately I have 55K and need to find another 45K form somewhere to make it happen.

Dont look now but JOM had a better kick/hb ratio then all Hawk/Collingwood SC mids on the weekend: titch peddles Sidebottom treloar and Adams.

59% DE and 8 clangers held him back, if he fixes that up his score wouldve been 100+ on the weekend despite a relatively quiet second half.

I like your Libba to billings trade btw. Good call
Totally agree. Jagaer's first qtr efforts were overshadowed by Tmitch's game. He was epic and in everything. Was caught out a number of times later on more due to lack of match practice I think. He took too long or didnt react as fast as he should have. Looked too used to having the "no tackle " singlet on at training!
Will only get better as season rolls on.

No dangerfield either and is definitely a wait and see for me.
One of his big game elements is his long kicking and meters gained and this is is the thing that I reckon will be affected with his back issues.

Every SC LOCK dies. Is this the year Danger dies?
Who knows?
Paying for him on the bench is madness.
Not being able to trade him in is strange too.

Thats the only correction I've got to make and unfortunately I have 55K and need to find another 45K form somewhere to make it happen.
Post your team again mate and lemme have a look?

I don't have Danger either, and have no intention of getting him any time soon. I would rather pay 750k for him knowing that he's been regularly punching out 150 scores than pay 750k for an unknown product. His back/ hammy worries me. I don't get it when people say it's costing me points, because it simply frees up cash to strengthen my team elsewhere.

No dangerfield either and is definitely a wait and see for me.
One of his big game elements is his long kicking and meters gained and this is is the thing that I reckon will be affected with his back issues.
I agree with both of you. Dont have Danger and the uncertainty around his back is really concerning. Also with Ablett back, Jelwood scoring well, Kelly and Fogerty starting well, there is less need for Danger to spend time up the ground and he may end up fwd a lot more. That may not mean less points on ave but it may reduce the numbers of big games he has and his greatest asset to a sc team which is his role as perma captain. I have cash aside to help bring him in but am begining to think that I should spend the cash and worry about Danger around bye time.

I agree .....i took the view that i needed a quick player trade to bring back Danger ...i didn't want the cash sitting in the bank, not generating points, so i put Deledio in at F5 ....so far his 41 means i could have kept the cash in the bank, for that result :'(

My two upgrade players targeted are Sloane or Fyfe ......now if those two start (please) scoring, i don't see the "urgent" need to bring Danger back, for the reasons you've outlined

Hopefully Deledio stops scoring like a "spud" rookie .....or he'll become Lobb

Last week everyone questioned his JS ......now you want to get rid of a proven premo, for what could be a 1 week wonder ?

Totally agree. Jagaer's first qtr efforts were overshadowed by Tmitch's game. He was epic and in everything. Was caught out a number of times later on more due to lack of match practice I think. He took too long or didnt react as fast as he should have. Looked too used to having the "no tackle " singlet on at training!
Will only get better as season rolls on.
:thumbsu: ....IMO Jagaer with more match fitness, will start feeding of Mitchell, with handball receives

upload_2018-3-27_5-32-57.png

Thoughts on trades?

Worth going Brayshaw -> Fogarty, if it allows me to go Ryan -> English and Naughton -> Bonner next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back for season 2018 yáll!

I didn't want to trade, but I had Libba.

Went Libba out, moved Finlayson to mids, brought in Riley Bonner to defense.

Team is now:

7649eab0-d059-4200-ae32-4522a8fb1eaa
upload_2018-3-27_8-41-26.png

Thoughts?

Hai guy,

I’am thinking of going

Fyfe > Danger
Smith > Buddy

Then round 3 Goldy > NN. Saves cash

Maybe if all goes good Kelly > Mayne

And Gawn > Cox

Thoughts?
Hold off on Fyfe .....first game home this week, Freo have quite a few home games early, so a bit premature if a week ago you thought he was a bargain

Don't trade your premo's this early (Goldy)

I think if you have planned your team around Ryder's r10 bye. Witts is the obvious choice.

Yes, well the plan for round 10 revolved around Mason ***** Cox miraculously losing some of his spudliness, so that's pretty much gone out the window anyway! Might just go with Ryder > big Stef and trade with rd 13 in mind...

View attachment 475340

Thoughts on trades?

Worth going Brayshaw -> Fogarty, if it allows me to go Ryan -> English and Naughton -> Bonner next week?
Don't think its worth IMHO as Port are the biggest and most 'animal' when it comes to their midfield. We saw Fyfe get monstered and his score reflected that. Brayshaw was also affected by it. Brayshaw got 58 for a 12 possession game with 66% game time, this is about 4.5 points per disposal which is quite high. Against 'normal' midfielders that don't molest the opposition like the port midfielders do he will more than likely get more disposals and naturally a bigger score. Hold him would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back