Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryder owners: who are you turfing him to?

-Nic Nat: Will score the highest, but have a feeling he will inevitably be "rested" every 5 games. WC play at the G R5, will that be a game he is rested?

-Martin: Best option... for now. Think he will average 100-105 but no doubt Bris will bring in a younger ruck as the season progresses. Think Martin will sole ruck until bye at least so could turf him back to Ryder once Ryder is up and running and Bris bring a second ruck in.

-Jacobs: Safest option. Highly durable (think he has missed only 4-5 games in 6 years), will be sole ruck whole year, avg 95.7 last year and the addition of Gibbs should boost that (I wouldn't be too harsh on his 90 last week; Adel didn't have their best game). Best option if you want to play safe and happy with a mid-high 90s avg.

-Goldstein: Same conundrum as Martin. Pruess should play sometime this year.

-Grundy: Cox (even though he should be rucking solo).

-Witts: POD option. Had him last year and he was super.

-Nank: Same as Jacobs.

-Gawn: Everyone has him as R1 already.
Exactly. Stuffed if I know what to do. The risky options will score more, the safe options are pretty beige. NicNat's scoring power is well ahead of everyone else's per $, but so is the chance of zeroes.

In my best year in SC, the thing that made the whole season work was picking the right 3 rucks from the start and not having to trade any of them at all. I hoped I was doing that with Gawn/Ryder/Cameron. I was wrong.
Everyone bringing in NN should probably make sure they have English too. Just can't see NN playing every game without getting rested at some stage. Just IMO.

Everyone bringing in NN should probably make sure they have English too. Just can't see NN playing every game without getting rested at some stage. Just IMO.
I can't see why they'd rest him. He needs games to build up his match fitness. I'd expect gradually increasing TOG until he gets that back. The concern with him would be his injury history. It would be like having Cyril and holding your breath every time he competes for the ball.

I wonder if it'd be crazy to toss Ryder for English this week, use the money to get a premo/hot mid-pricer elsewhere and wait'n'see on the rucks for another week or two. Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg.

29cqgm0.gif

I can't see why they'd rest him. He needs games to build up his match fitness. I'd expect gradually increasing TOG until he gets that back. The concern with him would be his injury history. It would be like having Cyril and holding your breath every time he competes for the ball.
Yeah that' exactly my point. Just about all players are sore at some stage during the season. Most of them play through it. He's such a valuable commodity I reckon he would only need to break a fingernail and they wouldn't risk him.

Is it crazy to go Hibberd -> Sicily this week and bank the $150k saving to use towards corrective trades next week?

I am worried with Lever in the team, and Lewis looks like spending more time in the back half this will have a negative impact on Hibberds scoring? (Won't justify his $545k starting price tag).

Contemplating the exact same thing!

I wonder if it'd be crazy to toss Ryder for English this week, use the money to get a premo/hot mid-pricer elsewhere and wait'n'see on the rucks for another week or two. Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg.

29cqgm0.gif

I wouldn't. What if Engrish turns to shit and gets dropped? It will cost you an additional 2 correctional trades. Far to risky!

Engrish should be a cash cow only

I wouldn't. What if Engrish turns to shit and gets dropped? It will cost you an additional 2 correctional trades. Far to risky!

Engrish should be a cash cow only
Cash cow yes, but in the forward line if possible.

Exactly. Stuffed if I know what to do. The risky options will score more, the safe options are pretty beige. NicNat's scoring power is well ahead of everyone else's per $, but so is the chance of zeroes.

In my best year in SC, the thing that made the whole season work was picking the right 3 rucks from the start and not having to trade any of them at all. I hoped I was doing that with Gawn/Ryder/Cameron. I was wrong.
R2 your already wasting a trade in the ruck for an injury. I understand you have too.
Why pick nic nat?
You will almost certainly have to trade him out again for injury.
Grab the vanilla premos. They are your only option IMO.

Is it crazy to go Hibberd -> Sicily this week and bank the $150k saving to use towards corrective trades next week?

I am worried with Lever in the team, and Lewis looks like spending more time in the back half this will have a negative impact on Hibberds scoring? (Won't justify his $545k starting price tag).
Contemplating the exact same thing!

Wait another week peeps. Geelong lowered the eyes and kicked short to limit the effectiveness of both lever and hibberd, most teams aren't that switched on. Looking at Hibberds numbers he didn't actually do that badly. If you can resist I don't think you will regret it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R2 your already wasting a trade in the ruck for an injury. I understand you have too.
Why pick nic nat?
You will almost certainly have to trade him out again for injury.
Grab the vanilla premos. They are your only option IMO.
This is my thinking. NN would be a fine pick if you started with him, but Ryder > NN is one trade, then NN > another premo when he gets injured again is second trade, then who knows what happens come finals... potentially 3 trades in the ruck alone

I have Ryder and can go to Cripps or Parker via DPP (1 trade only).

Do people think Parker will get thrown forward too much again this year? It made him very up and down last year. Cripps seems like the more vanilla value safe pick.
It leaves my R2 as English, but the rucks look like a nightmare to me:
Kruzer - too easily injured.
Nic Nat - could get injured again.
Goldy - could end up with Pruess in the side
Martin - could end up with Smith in the side.
Witts/Nank/Jacobs - are they big enough scorers?

Option 1: Nic Nat with Holman on field and English Ruck cover.
Option 2: Cripps with English on the field and no Ruck cover.

Thoughts?

Here's my DPP move...the biggest one I have ever done:
1. Trade Ryder
2. Move English from Fwd to Ruck.
3. Move Sicily from Def to Fwd.
4. Move Finlayson from Mid to Fwd.
5. Trade in Cripps.
:)

I'm liking Cripps/English, but I lose English's cover going forward.

Only one injury trade: Libba to Parker.

Libba has still the right pick, his preseason was exactly how he looked in 2015. I think he could have gone close to 110 again.

Parker might be back to his best finally at Sydney again.

if i dont go LDU to bonner this week i wont have enough trades/ cash to get in Tim English who I’m eyeing off. Should I go LDU to bonner this week?
I wouldn't IMO.
I don't see boner as a must have.
I think r1 is definatly the week to grab mid Pricer's. As they almost always have more exposed form than our rookies.
For example curnow has scored 100s in the past.
Boner hasn't. I would wait for more data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back