Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Melbourne + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Brandon Walker is still 19 yo & has played 24 games. He is playing on the oppositions most dangerous small forward week in, week out & people wonder why he looks nervous at times??

He is doing a wonderful job & a lot of his handball receives are under extreme pressure deep inside 50 as his teammate is under extreme pressure. Defenders errors always look worse because of the position they play on the field. Pearces kick was atrocious, but if that kick happens in the F50, no one remembers it.

If we take Walker out, how does he learn to be more composed in front of 752 people at a WAFL game? He is slowly showing a more attacking game & that comes with feeling comfortable at the level, which he’s getting from playing in these pressure games.

He was one player willing to run past in the middle of the ground when we needed run in the last qtr v Richmond & had the equal highest inside 50 numbers with 5. I think he's getting better & more attacking each week.

I am a critic but thought he had a good last quarter. Looks better when he runs forward. Needs a lot of skills training.

I'm a huge fan of Brandon, but he has looked flat the last few games. It could be as simple as giving him a week to freshen up, his is still only 19.

Wilson did nothing wrong and is playing well at Peek.

I'm a huge fan of Brandon, but he has looked flat the last few games. It could be as simple as giving him a week to freshen up, his is still only 19.

Wilson did nothing wrong and is playing well at Peek.

Wilson had a massive game at Peel. As did Tucker - mid and Hughes - wing/forward.

All 3 would be deserving of a call up. Meek did his usual and dominated.

Who do you include out of Hughes / Tucker / Wilson / Meek and Lobb if fit?

Wilson had a massive game at Peel. As did Tucker - mid and Hughes - wing/forward.

I can't see who Tucker or Hughes replace unless there are injuries.

Lobb is definitely an automatic in, and I really like Wilson as a player - would love to see him given a game - would be at the expense of Walker though, so difficult to see it happening. Meek could be an in if Lobb doesn't get up - not sure he really improves the forward line though - which is where we need help, also depends on the weather.

I’m guessing just Lobb for Fyfe if he’s fit? That gives us Lobb, tabs and griff as tall forwards which isn’t terrible.

they might be thinking tucker forward as well. Not sure I’d drop banners for him though - maybe if Lobb doesn’t come up? Although tucker can probably rotate more midfield than banfield allowing Mundy, sonny and he to rotate.

shame for Meek, but he’s too similar to Darcy - we don’t need 2 big rucks.

id keep walker in, as much as i also love Wilson. Reckon walker is going to be next level in 2023, and playing is good for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate saw JL leaving Melbourne this morning

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
He probably learnt we just need to bring in our Jamarra types currently running around for Peel and we'll be fine.

Lose this and we could easily finish the round in 7th spot :(
As an aside, we are currently ranked 11th for total points scored and 1st for total points against.
Melbourne are ranked second in total points against.
Even taking the expected weather into account, this may well turn out to be a dour defensive game. 6 -7 goals may win it....

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Melbourne + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back