Votes: 34 19.3%
  • Hawks by 25+

Votes: 74 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His season heatmap indicates he has played predominantly in the back half.

kbdmx1.jpg

To be honest, a 54-46 distribution is pretty even. Says midfielder to me.

We can agree on the last sentence which makes the rest irrelevant. I may be wrong. I may be assuming he is more forward than he actually is because he is doing very little in the middle.

I think it's just a decline. It's not a criticism, because he's still having a crack, it's just reality. He's trying to play the same role - linking up between the 50m arcs - but hasn't quite the speed and reflexes he had previously.

Quite a few Kersten fans have been saying that Kersten is doing a great job playing as a defensive forward. If we want defensive forward they would suggest kersten is one of the first picked.
And they would be wrong.

In Johnson, out Cockatoo, don't see the need for any more changes.

And they would be wrong.

The hype from some about his value to the side has gotten somewhat out of hand that's for sure, according to one poster it was "fairly obvious" we were going to lose Saturday once he pulled out of the side because we couldn't score heavily enough without him, you'd think that theory would have been laid to rest but after reading this thread apparently it still has legs.

We'll have a centre half forward - Walker. He also needs to perform against quality opposition, because he was quiet Saturday night. Kersten is even further behind than Walker, and if he is included, don't be surprised when has 6 touches for 0 goals and 1 behind.
I agree with the call on Kersten. He will probably get bugger all touches but may be able to draw away a Gibson from Hawkins. Walker will only be there part time and still enables Hawkins to be double teamed by Gibson and Lake even when he is there. Smalls may be the only way but we are going to have to come up with some awesome strategies and new avenues cos Hawkins won't really be an option with the attention he will get.

I didn't see much of the Cats v $wans, did your guys play out of your skins, or are the $yds on a bit of a decline?

This week should be a good game, as all our clashes generally are. Hawfs by 25.
Swans played well but they are not what they were. Geelong played four quarters, very unusual for starters. Two of those quarters, we played very good footy. If we can play 4 like that, look out! But, atm, a work in progress.

We'll have a centre half forward - Walker. He also needs to perform against quality opposition, because he was quiet Saturday night. Kersten is even further behind than Walker, and if he is included, don't be surprised when has 6 touches for 0 goals and 1 behind.
I agree with this - he needs to impact in the big games.

Although I do like that he does not crowd Hawkins.

Stevie J in, Kersten shouldn't come back into the seniors this weekend.

Imagine in the VFL Menzel & Kersten playing in the forward line together on the weekend, at the end of the game Menz pats him on the back, says "I hope you'll be right without me mate, good luck in the reserves!" And walks off :p

I agree with the call on Kersten. He will probably get bugger all touches but may be able to draw away a Gibson from Hawkins. Walker will only be there part time and still enables Hawkins to be double teamed by Gibson and Lake even when he is there. Smalls may be the only way but we are going to have to come up with some awesome strategies and new avenues cos Hawkins won't really be an option with the attention he will get.

Why do you guys think Hawkins will be double teamed? Lake is pretty much left to his own devices there. He's the one on one defender we actually have faith in. That's not to say the likes of Gibson won't give a chop out at times, but he'll be trying to do wherever the ball/contest is and not at Hawkins specifically.

Why do you guys think Hawkins will be double teamed? Lake is pretty much left to his own devices there. He's the one on one defender we actually have faith in. That's not to say the likes of Gibson won't give a chop out at times, but he'll be trying to do wherever the ball/contest is and not at Hawkins specifically.
Cause he generally is double-teamed.

Quite like Bews for Poppy or Breust.
Been effective there b4.
We need someone to help Hawkins Walker again was uncompetitive
Oh my, is it alternative hate Walks week again..? I missed the memo :rolleyes:
Cause he generally is double-teamed.
Generally..? ;) I'd suggest almost without fail, which is why having another option forward has been crucial for at least the last couple of seasons (definitely not gonna mention ruck).

With the 'smaller' guys stepping up their goal kicking, it takes some pressure off Hawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not when opposed to Lake.
Yeah he is if we aren't playing other key forwards. Would love a one on one contest between Lake and Hawkins with Hawkins actually fit at the moment. The only one we have had was last years final when Hawkins broke away from lake a number of times only to have a butter fingers night and drop half a dozen sitters. Unlikely to do that again.

In the Mix this week for Geelong:

Steve Johnson
Missed the win over the Sydney Swans due to suspension. Will return for the clash with the Hawks, which will be his 250th AFL game.

Shane Kersten
Was initially named in the Cats’ team to play the Swans but withdrew from the side after suffering from toe soreness. Will be given the chance to prove his fitness on the training track this week.

Jared Rivers
Has spent the past two weeks in the VFL. Gathered 11 disposals and took four marks in the Cats’ heavy VFL loss to North Ballarat on Sunday.

Billie Smedts
Was dropped from the AFL team after a quiet outing against the Lions in round 18. Played in the VFL on the weekend and finished with 22 disposals, five marks and four tackles.

Nathan Vardy
Has now played three games in the VFL. Only tallied five disposals and six hit-outs in the VFL loss to North Ballarat on Sunday but appears likely to be elevated to the AFL team in the next couple of weeks.

Daniel Menzel
Has now played five matches in the VFL without suffering any problems. Had one of his quieter games against the Roosters on Sunday but still managed to pick up 13 disposals.

Jed Bews not considered In The Mix is interesting. Not to say he won't be picked but usually whoever is in the article is close to an AFL return.

Acknowledging Menzel & Vardy's existence is getting me excited! Not expecting Vardy back but please Menzel back against the Hawks!

Jed Bews not considered In The Mix is interesting. Not to say he won't be picked but usually whoever is in the article is close to an AFL return.

Acknowledging Menzel & Vardy's existence is getting me excited! Not expecting Vardy back but please Menzel back against the Hawks!
I can imagine if they picked Vardy and not Menzel for this week, the board would go into meltdown. :)

The **** got molested by the bigger Hawks last time. And it will happen again. Cant see him out there this week.

Gregson I could see as pound for pound i'd back Gregson's strength over Cocky at the moment. Land is the same IMO.

Go Catters

Yeah he is if we aren't playing other key forwards. Would love a one on one contest between Lake and Hawkins with Hawkins actually fit at the moment. The only one we have had was last years final when Hawkins broke away from lake a number of times only to have a butter fingers night and drop half a dozen sitters. Unlikely to do that again.

I did like his unusual display of aggression - I would love to see more of that. I sometimes wonder if he would have a bigger impact if the opposition were worried about his physicality, as well as his bulk and skill?

Yeah it was great. I wonder where it came from. Selwood's 200th? Swans defenders pissing him off? Crunch game of the season? Either way I want more of it. You're 105kgs Tummy throw it around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back