Preview Round 20: Geelong vs Fremantle, “The Clarke/Drum Cup” - Saturday 29 July, 1:45pm @ HOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we simply are not a chance to win it if we can't beat a terrible and battered Freo at home (not that we are really a shot anyway with this midfield).

There are strings we could pull that would help put us in a stronger position for next year.

Tank mode for this year only... not ongoing.
The Geelong club does not give up.

Because we simply are not a chance to win it if we can't beat a terrible and battered Freo at home (not that we are really a shot anyway with this midfield).

There are strings we could pull that would help put us in a stronger position for next year.

What would finishing 10th-12th achieve over finishing 6th to 8th? A few higher places on the draft board? Give me a finals game over that any year

You can start tank mode, you can't necessarily stop it

If we lose this game (which we won't) I really hope we go into full tank mode for the rest of the year.

I hope we don't, and that it's not a thought that ever crosses the minds of the thinking group at the club

Should anyone at the club ever have that thought, that's when they should walk away as nothing positive comes from tanking

Besides, playing even a single final this year with guys like Bruhn, O. Henry and maybe even Knevitt in the team, giving that finals intensity experience to our next gen players would provide a more positive basis heading into 2024 than we'd get from draft pick that's potentially 2 picks earlier

Stanley wouldn't be getting rested hed be getting dropped lol, they can use whatever BS terminology they want but thats the facts of the situation, I highly doubt they will actually do it though.

Who would you drop stanley for? Ceglar is injured and conway isnt ready. There is no one else.

Geelong does not, should not, and will not tank.

Well if that is the case - and given that C Guthrie is the only player unavailable compared to the multiple outs at Frem - then if Geel are genuine they win by 10-12 goals - end of story

Chris Scott of course is timing his run to perfection so we peak at the right time - but we aernt in the Sydney to Hobart Boxing Day Yacht Race

Well if that is the case - and given that C Guthrie is the only player unavailable compared to the multiple outs at Frem - then if Geel are genuine they win by 10-12 goals - end of story

Chris Scott of course is timing his run to perfection so we peak at the right time - but we aernt in the Sydney to Hobart Boxing Day Yacht Race
What has that got to do with faint hearted supporters wanting us to tank?

Channel 7 said Jeremy Cameron was walking laps at training due to a hit to the knee during the lions game..

If his not right, I wonder if they give Shannon Neale a game.. his played approx 4 games in a row now, and the club was going to play him early this season until he got injured...

Honestly I'd like to see Neale get a game
Not when a fit and ready Sav is next in.

A 10 goal win is definitely the most likely outcome on Saturday.

As is, a first round exit in finals. But what has given you any indication over the last 20 years of following this club, that we will throw in the towel while the season still has a pulse?

Channel 7 said Jeremy Cameron was walking laps at training due to a hit to the knee during the lions game..

If his not right, I wonder if they give Shannon Neale a game.. his played approx 4 games in a row now, and the club was going to play him early this season until he got injured...

Honestly I'd like to see Neale get a game

Depends - when Cameron was out last time we went with Hawkins, O. Henry & Rohan up forward, so if Rohan’s cleared to return we may just got with those 3 & the mosquito fleet at their feet

If Rohan misses again then I’d be looking at Neale to play as the second tall up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you drop stanley for? Ceglar is injured and conway isnt ready. There is no one else.
And Stanley will not get dropped. Too important for our structure. He has missed a lot of footy and needs some time to work his way back to best form and consistency. There is no player to take his spot that will have any benefit to us at this stage of year.

Sav has shown that he's not a forward.

It's why we've tried him down back.
He had not previously showed he was a defender either, but look at this year. With his marking and confidence levels raised, I'm sure he could worry a few opposition defenders playing as a KF.

Sav has shown that he's not a forward.

It's why we've tried him down back.

And when he did get forward earlier in the year & had a shot on goal, I’m not sure there would be too many filled with confidence by what they saw - definitely was kicking for goal like a defender

Depends - when Cameron was out last time we went with Hawkins, O. Henry & Rohan up forward, so if Rohan’s cleared to return we may just got with those 3 & the mosquito fleet at their feet

If Rohan misses again then I’d be looking at Neale to play as the second tall up forward
Sometimes with the Match committee, you just never know what they are thinking.. there not many times they go for the most logical choice

We also have a fit & ready forward in the VFL waiting for a chance at senior level - why not try Neale considering he’s actually been playing in the forward line?
Because he's not in our best 30

Neither is Sav, if we evaluate him as a forward.
We need to play our best 30 players in whatever position best suits the team.
This week, Stewart may be a mid, which allows Sav to play back, or wherever.

We need to play our best 30 players in whatever position best suits the team.
This week, Stewart may be a mid, which allows Sav to play back, or wherever.

We‘d be better suited playing Knevitt in the midfield with Stewart playing his usual role down back - our backline is starting to look solid & build cohesion, rather we didn’t unnecessarily mess with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back