Review Round 20 v West Coast Eagles @ Metricon, Sunday 31/7, 1:10

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a really good record against West Coast at Metricon. We haven't lost to them in a home fixture since 2014 and should go into this one full of confidence. Really hoping for a big win so we can get our percentage up to a competitive standard again.

We have a really good record against West Coast at Metricon. We haven't lost to them in a home fixture since 2014 and should go into this one full of confidence. Really hoping for a big win so we can get our percentage up to a competitive standard again.
It's over 100% and baring any disasters will remain that way at the end of the season for the first time ever for us. How isn't that a competitive standard?

It's over 100% and baring any disasters will remain that way at the end of the season for the first time ever for us. How isn't that a competitive standard?
I'm talking about being competitive with the teams just above us on the ladder - Bulldogs (111.9%) and Richmond (114.5%). We currently have the worst percentage of any team in top 12.

* me, Macpherson still gets a game before Bowes. Dumbfounding.

Maybe we are trying to raise his value in the Taryn Thomas trade 🤣
Yeah, I remember when MacPherson was the coaches’ favourite but fans wanted him dropped. Seems it’s happened again, somehow, against all the odds and lessons of history.

There’s not many suns fans full of confidence apart from yourself

There’s not many suns fans full of confidence apart from yourself
No worries. I can understand the pessimism. If you go into every match thinking that your team is likely to lose then you're either going to be right or happily surprised. It's a defence mechanism and really is classic footy fan mentality.

Although I felt we were pretty good for most of the QClash last week, West Coast really have been quite awful this year so we're rightfully the $1.17 favourites to win this one. I'm expecting a W.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen either of them yet in the ressies

Likely would be Oleg you'd think
Having neither play could also indicate a last minute change. Maybe a player is carrying an injury? It’s unusual to keep a spare player out, especially when the reserves team is also on the GC so it’s not like they need to travel/take extra on the plane.

Jeez SD has well and truly put a line through him. Traded out you would think now?

Quietly confident strangely - 28 point win incoming!

Blimey $1.66 faves with the bookies.
Watch the VFL game. He isn’t playing well today. Would he be better than someone like MacPherson? Maybe. But Bowes had that half-season injury, and maybe he just isn’t ready yet.

He looks rusty with his kicking in particular. He’s been in and out and sub etc. for a few months. Maybe he just needs a block of games, one way or another, to build momentum for next year.

Watch the VFL game. He isn’t playing well today. Would he be better than someone like MacPherson? Maybe. But Bowes had that half-season injury, and maybe he just isn’t ready yet.

He looks rusty with his kicking in particular. He’s been in and out and sub etc. for a few months. Maybe he just needs a block of games, one way or another, to build momentum for next year.

Don't get me wrong - I completely agree with you.

It seems wierd that Tsitas, McPherson, Davies, Flanders and Fiorini get given blocks but Bowes and Markov are in and out. As for Constable - he's not even been given a game to show what he can do with us.

If, SD thinks finals are gone - surely fringe players get to play the remaining games to make a final call on their future at the club.

If I was Constable I'd be quietly seething that I didn't get a single game, when Flanders, Fiorini and McPherson get yet more chances.
His stats below are pretty good considering he has only played 12 games!

1659230748543.png

Surely this VFL form deserves a run of games to see if he can go forward next season with us?

1659231220449.png

I'm all for changes, and playing a player into form - but some just seem to have more opportunities than others.

I cannot see how Flanders or McPherson have got a game - or Atkins tbh.

Confidence looks shot. Similar happened with Brodie when treated the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 20 v West Coast Eagles @ Metricon, Sunday 31/7, 1:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back