Round 20 - West Coast Eagles v Geelong Cats - Fri Aug 10, 8:40pm EST - ** LIVE BLOG @ 8.20PM EST**

Who will win?

• West Coast by a lot

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • West Coast by a little

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Geelong by a little

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Geelong by a lot

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BOOOOO-EST game day thread ever! :thumbsu:

Was a gallant, though ultimately futile, attempt to get the AFL to do something about the open cheating which occurs at Subiaco in Eagles games. Worked for a quarter, then the umps shat their pants at the rage of the crowd and started some seriously hardcore home team umpiring, before a few soft ones late on to try to even it up.

The Eagles have a free kick differential of +100 frees compared to their opponents. Do you really think this is because they are that much fairer than everyone else?
sarabi-haters-gon-hate-o.gif

A player or coach should honestly call a press conference and publicly say that the umpiring standard is shithouse. I'm sure every player and coach in the league would help them pay the fine. Just make the bloody league stand up and realise how bad it is.
It's ruining the game.
Yep, you are right. The bloody umpire in the last 10 minutes did everything he could to get a win for Geelong. He should be kicked out of the umpires squade

West Coast had the better of it early, Geelong had a good run in the last few minutes. All consistent with the umpires' standing orders:

1) Try to make it a close game
2) Try to make it so the free kick count is pretty even at the end
3) Try to make yourselves the stars of the show

Seriously what was with the deliberate out of bounds calls? I'm astounded by the calls both ways and the afl has to step in and kill this crap if it keeps on. I think Kerrs one was probably the correct call but Mckenzie was an absolute joke.

Was a gallant, though ultimately futile, attempt to get the AFL to do something about the open cheating which occurs at Subiaco in Eagles games. Worked for a quarter, then the umps shat their pants at the rage of the crowd and started some seriously hardcore home team umpiring, before a few soft ones late on to try to even it up.

The Eagles have a free kick differential of +100 frees compared to their opponents. Do you really think this is because they are that much fairer than everyone else?

Maybe you should try to stop whining about the umpiring. If a free kick is there pay it. If other teams can't stop giving away free's then suck it up princess. Goes against every team every game.

The umpiring is shit. We all know that, why attack the crowd for doing what all football crowds do. They don't influence the umpiring...and if they do then they do for every home ground so your own team gets influenced free's as well.

Worst part about the crowd carry-on is that the feral mongoloids hanging over the fence shouting abuse are generally fully grown adult men. Should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe you should try to stop whining about the umpiring. If a free kick is there pay it. If other teams can't stop giving away free's then suck it up princess. Goes against every team every game.

The umpiring is shit. We all know that, why attack the crowd for doing what all football crowds do. They don't influence the umpiring...and if they do then they do for every home ground so your own team gets influenced free's as well.
So you seriously think that there is nothing wrong with the Eagles having a free kick differential of +100?

Thanks, I'm quite familiar with S Johnson's style of play and what he's capable of. Not making distance from 35m... unforgivable in my book. Fair enough from the angle, but not straight in front.

I also noticed, that despite Bruce's inane jizzing over him, that he had about two effective disposals in the second half. Butchered it.

Yeah he was shot in the second half.
Shouldn't have missed that goal but I learned a long time ago to take the good with the bad with SJ.

Chris Scott with the double whammy:

1. The AFL is a joke for making up terrible new "interpretations"
2. The Subiaco crowd contains idiots

Will get fined about $35304238. Worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summary of tonight's game:
Shit umpiring
Shit crowd
Shit commentary
Shit skills
but at least it was a close one :p
The correct summary of the game:
Summary of tonight's game:
Shit umpiring - Real shit :mad:
Shit umpiring caused the crowd to get noisy - Noisy is OK
Great commentary - Commetti is the best :thumbsu:
Shit comments from the twit who post the original of this :thumbsdown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Pannell

What makes Pannell a remarkable AFL officiator is the fact that he was born without eyes, or a brain. This makes officiating rationally extremely difficult for Pannell. But that has not stopped him from excelling at ruining the AFL experience for millions of fans. Pannell is known for his over officious style of umpiring, and very feminine running style.
His come out game was at Patterson's stadium on the 10th of August 2012, where West Coast Eagles played the Geelong Cats. The umpires were booed off the field that night due to their effective "deliberate" calls. It will always be remembered as the day the game died

lol all the pricktorians crying about the umps, 2 of them are vics and ones a south aussie. suck it up, even your crap umpires love us.

****ing hell there are some offended Geelong fans in here. The umpiring was ****ing atrocious, but how anyone can possibly think it favoured either side is beyond me.

What is so idiotic about booing the umpires tonight? I don't think anyone in this thread doesn't agree that the umpires were ******* atrocious.

I guess it depends on whether they're booing only because the umps were crap, or because they thought West Coast were hard done by. If it's the first the I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of boos. But I think it's actually more likely to be the second, which is probably not all that accurate.

lol all the pricktorians crying about the umps, 2 of them are vics and ones a south aussie. suck it up, even your crap umpires love us.
What is it with all these feral WC supporters (actually all interstate club supporters) and Victoria?

If Victoria is soooooo bad you have to constantly make a reference to it, watch your little WAFL shit or something.

We won't be complaining.

So you seriously think that there is nothing wrong with the Eagles having a free kick differential of +100?

Of course there is something wrong with it, especially when it doesn't happen at other grounds which shows it is home ground umpiring, rather than their playing style - or rather it is not only their playing style. There was a 0 differential tonight though, both sides got shocking deliberate (and other) calls, cats got butchered in the ruck frees, but that almost always happens when you've got a young ruckman against a more experienced opponent, so that wasn't unusual. Cats were brave to hang in after Hawkins went down, but really they ran out of legs in the last quarter, and the umpiring in the last 10 minute kept it from being a blowout. Not great umpiring overall, but didn't seem to lose the game for Cats. Nice to see cats fans are not immune to whinging about umpires when they lose a close one though, was starting to think Hawk fans had a monopoly on that :)

What is it with all these feral WC supporters (actually all interstate club supporters) and Victoria?

If Victoria is soooooo bad you have to constantly make a reference to it, watch your little WAFL shit or something.

We won't be complaining.
just trying to kept up with all the feral geelong supporters crying over a even free kick count

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 20 - West Coast Eagles v Geelong Cats - Fri Aug 10, 8:40pm EST - ** LIVE BLOG @ 8.20PM EST**

Back