Round 20 - West Coast Eagles v Geelong Cats - Fri Aug 10, 8:40pm EST - ** LIVE BLOG @ 8.20PM EST**

Who will win?

• West Coast by a lot

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • West Coast by a little

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Geelong by a little

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Geelong by a lot

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

******* pathetic from the umpires in that last qtr, tryed everything possible to try and get Geelong over the line in the end.

Only after the umps did everything possible to get you guys up, they had to try and save some credibility didnt they? Im wondering when i missed the "touch Dean Cox and its a free kick in the centre" rule introduction.

That game was just WTF.

I hope the coaches both comment on the disgrace it was (not in that it affected them, but overall). 64 free kicks should never ever ever be paid in a game of football. The deliberate out of bounds was unbelievable.

The Kerr deliberate was fair - he dribbled it along the line until it hit the boundary, you see similar paid quite often. The one against McKenzie (I think) was very unlucky, he fumbled the ball over the line and the umpire guessed.

I personally don't mind the deliberate call being paid more frequently, as long as their consistent.

well, what an odd game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kerr deliberate was fair - he dribbled it along the line until it hit the boundary, you see similar paid quite often. The one against McKenzie (I think) was very unlucky, he fumbled the ball over the line and the umpire guessed.

I personally don't mind the deliberate call being paid more frequently, as long as their consistent.
Mackenzie tried to gather the ball, while attempting to gather Joel Selwood pushed him forward and he went flying with the ball out of bounds. NFI what he's supposed to do there. Even if he did try he couldn't have done anything else

And thus ends the most incompetently umpired game I have ever seen.

Wait till tomorrow. We've got McBurney and Margetts is Adelaide and both of those flogs have consistently screwed Freo from time immemorial. I'm willing to bet tomorrow will be equally as poor if not even worse.

The funny thing is the WC supporters are to blame for those ridiculous Deliberate OOB's. That first one against Geelong where they pleaded for it after it correctly being called on Glass (you just cant step backwards across the boundry line after holding it for a few seconds) caused the umpires to set the standard for the night. and therefore we had the farcical situation that we had.

Huh? If the umpires are letting the crowd influence their decisions, they are incompetent. The crowd was blameless here.

A player or coach should honestly call a press conference and publicly say that the umpiring standard is shithouse. I'm sure every player and coach in the league would help them pay the fine. Just make the bloody league stand up and realise how bad it is.
It's ruining the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 20 - West Coast Eagles v Geelong Cats - Fri Aug 10, 8:40pm EST - ** LIVE BLOG @ 8.20PM EST**

Back