Preview Round 21, 2017: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 13 August 2017, 3.20pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Poppy ever plays for Hawthorn again ?
Interesting comment. Really struggled for form before he got injured. Would love to see the old Poppy back but if you mean trade, well he might have something to offer to a club that needs a top up. Perhaps a second or third round pick? Still wouldn't like to see him go.

Miles must stay in this side this week. Was a solid contributor in a fairly average showing. Glass also is a definite after another positive showing.

Whitecross, Doc and Langford were all pretty disappointing on Sunday.

Langford's goal kicking really drags the side down. He almost needs to go and see a sports psychologist it's that bad.

Doc was well beaten but in his defence was playing on the best FB in the game and possibly the modern era. Has more runs on the board than Langford due to some strong performances since the bye.

Whitecross is 50/50. If we want to push for the slim chance of finals then Swiss probably stays due his experience and more seasoned body.

What are the chances Glass makes the Sunday cut? Just curious for my fantasy team this week, thanks :)

Poppy, a wonderful servant that he has been, is barely worth a late 3rd round pick.
That I said, I would take that trade.
It smells a bit like Poppy being shipped at the end of the season. If that were to be the case I think we are better off trying to trade/package him in exchange for another player. The draft is really shallow this year. Maybe there is truth to the murmurs he could be off to GWS.

Miles must stay in this side this week. Was a solid contributor in a fairly average showing. Glass also is a definite after another positive showing.

Langford's goal kicking really drags the side down. He almost needs to go and see a sports psychologist it's that bad.

Doc was well beaten but in his defence was playing on the best FB in the game and possibly the modern era. Has more runs on the board than Langford due to some strong performances since the bye.

Whitecross is 50/50. If we want to push for the slim chance of finals then Swiss probably stays due his experience and more seasoned body.

Whitecross has been fading in games. I don't know what to put that down to this far into the season. Age? Lack of senior footy? He needs a break or a run in the 2s.

Duryea I can't see in Hawthorn's long term best team, but he seems a popular club man.

Puopolo: leave opposition supporters with memories of his best footy. The fade out early this year was an aberration. Thus play him 1 or only 2 games to show he is fit not a bad outcome. I think it would be best for him to get a contract extension elswhere.

Langford: not going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitecross has been fading in games. I don't know what to put that down to this far into the season. Age? Lack of senior footy? He needs a break or a run in the 2s.

Duryea I can't see in Hawthorn's long term best team, but he seems a popular club man.

Puopolo: leave opposition supporters with memories of his best footy. The fade out early this year was an aberration. Thus play him 1 or only 2 games to show he is fit not a bad outcome. I think it would be best for him to get a contract extension elswhere.

Langford: not going anywhere.
Whitey, again, a loyal servant, is not really best 22 going forward. Great guy and admirable clubman but a line needs to be ruled through him in the off season. He's not going to improve and has reached his ceiling. We really need to be ruthless going forward. If we as a club aren't sure about a 26, 27, 28 year old and his value going forward then the answer is simple. Go for youth. Untried as that youth may be that's just the harsh reality of the caper these days.
The upside of backing youth is potentially enormous, the downside not so much.

Whitey, again, a loyal servant, is not really best 22 going forward. Great guy and admirable clubman but a line needs to be ruled through him in the off season. He's not going to improve and has reached his ceiling. We really need to be ruthless going forward. If we as a club aren't sure about a 26, 27, 28 year old and his value going forward then the answer is simple. Go for youth. Untried as that youth may be that's just the harsh reality of the caper these days.
The upside of backing youth is potentially enormous, the downside not so much.
I agree generally.

I think Whitecross is signed next season. I think he can get better/back to his best. I base this on the fact we signed him. I think.

Glass named on the field in the VFL. I don't know what it usually means, but I'd assume it means he isn't playing in Tasmania this week.
I may be wrong, but thought that all emergencies/bench for HFC are generally named on the field at BHH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If poppy is truly on the market, would it not be a good idea to put a little fat on the bones before sale or do we keep taking unders when trading out players ( norf has been excluded from this thought process).

If poppy is truly on the market, would it not be a good idea to put a little fat on the bones before sale or do we keep taking unders when trading out players ( norf has been excluded from this thought process).

Maybe he's cooked and we trying to keep some value by not playing him haha.

Miles was solid but I can't see a long term position for the Damien Oliver clone. Being that small he needs to have elite pace, elite ball use and/or ridiculously smart. Can't see any of that in Miles.

Miles was solid but I can't see a long term position for the Damien Oliver clone. Being that small he needs to have elite pace, elite ball use and/or ridiculously smart. Can't see any of that in Miles.
Maybe he is jockeying for a small forward position. He certainly knows where the goals are kicking 5 for Box Hill a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back