Preview Round 21, 2017: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 13 August 2017, 3.20pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he is jockeying for a small forward position. He certainly knows where the goals are kicking 5 for Box Hill a few weeks ago.

Kicking 5 for Box Hill and being a consistent performer at AFL level is poles apart, he will fly under the radar a little as no-one knows about him so that may help him sneak a few in here and there. Would actually much prefer Doc to play that position and when Cyril is back then neither Doc or Miles in the 22.

Miles must stay in this side this week. Was a solid contributor in a fairly average showing.

I agree, he played about as well as you could have expected. Stewart plays a great game for Box Hill, if he is a straight swap for Miles (as I suspect) then that is concerning because it gives too much weight to one Box Hill performance. But we will see what the final selection is...

If poppy is truly on the market, would it not be a good idea to put a little fat on the bones before sale or do we keep taking unders when trading out players ( norf has been excluded from this thought process).

I don't see a lot of logic in a trade. He was in career best form until stringing a few bad performances together which seem to be related to his injury. When he returns I think he can be a league leader again in his role, and for several+ more years. If his injury is chronic then his worth diminishes to the point where we get nothing for him in a trade anyway.

how desperate are norf playing ben brown,great player welfare from a shite club
TBH i think Brand will be a great match up for Brown so Im keen to see them dukeing it out.

Could be the 1st of many battles.

Kicking 5 for Box Hill and being a consistent performer at AFL level is poles apart, he will fly under the radar a little as no-one knows about him so that may help him sneak a few in here and there. Would actually much prefer Doc to play that position and when Cyril is back then neither Doc or Miles in the 22.

If you like smart, Miles is a far better thinker on the field than Duryea.
He didn't get a run because of a 5 goal under the radar performance.
Last year he mainly played out of the back as a running HBFer who could see his way through traffic and set play up further afield with very very good kicking skills.
I'd pack him up with enough Musashi to kill an elephant and a weights program that was super intensive over summer, have him put on 8 kilo of muscle, and I think you'd change your mind entirely on the 'look' of the kid.

People have undersold him big time on this forum.
On the one hand, players like Sam destroyed the VFL and it was a proving ground for him, and on the other people want to crap on what Teia has done at the level.

Give him a dozen games at AFL level.
Then decide.
Kid has a big heart.

If you like smart, Miles is a far better thinker on the field than Duryea.
He didn't get a run because of a 5 goal under the radar performance.
Last year he mainly played out of the back as a running HBFer who could see his way through traffic and set play up further afield with very very good kicking skills.
I'd pack him up with enough Musashi to kill an elephant and a weights program that was super intensive over summer, have him put on 8 kilo of muscle, and I think you'd change your mind entirely on the 'look' of the kid.

People have undersold him big time on this forum.
On the one hand, players like Sam destroyed the VFL and it was a proving ground for him, and on the other people want to crap on what Teia has done at the level.

Give him a dozen games at AFL level.
Then decide.
Kid has a big heart.

Send him to Thailand for 6 weeks, get the needle into him, bring him back like a bull and I'm with you lol.. in all seriousness, he does need to put some weight on his frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 21 TEAM
Hawthorn v North Melbourne
UTAS Stadium
Sunday 13 August, 3.20pm
B: Conor Glass, Kaiden Brand, Blake Hardwick
HB: Ryan Burton, James Sicily, Jack Gunston
C: Isaac Smith, Tom Mitchell, Liam Shiels
HF: Ryan Schoenmakers, Tim O'Brien. Ricky Henderson
F: Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Shaun Burgoyne
R: Ben McEvoy, Will Langford, Luke Hodge
INT: Taylor Duryea, Teia Miles, Billy Hartung, Daniel Howe
EMER: Brendan Whitecross, Kurt Heatherley, Kade Stewart

one change

Hopefully the boys can lift for Hodgey's last game in Tassie.

North are very long odds with the bookies. Reckon they might have a late change or two. Surely Brown won't play after being knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back