Game Day Round 21, 2021 | North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ MCG | Saturday, August 7 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling this tanking is just giving them an out. They just haven't been good enough when challenged.

Our guys clearly took the foot off the gas after half-time.

It's not rocket science.

I love that TC is a great clubman and maybe this is rewarding him partly for that, but hopefully Comben is in for him next week. I don't think we gain anything from playing TC at this stage.

Hudson or whoever it was was right when they said that a brave first half isn’t enough for North anymore. Our form has been way better than this. Haven’t seen this sort of “roll over and die” effort for months. There was always going to be faults and missteps along the journey but that doesn’t change how crap it feels to watch us revert back to this.

This is a really disappointing loss. Should have put them to the sword early, and we’ve panicked now. Frustrating.
We've barely laid a tackle and have been pretty bruise free. It's great to dominate clearances and create opportunities but you've still gotta apply pressure when you don't have it.

The review will be pretty pointed you would think.

I love that TC is a great clubman and maybe this is rewarding him partly for that, but hopefully Comben is in for him next week. I don't think we gain anything from playing TC at this stage.

Except for Jason Horne, that is

I am disappointed but hope Richmond just make the 8 and bomb out first week of finals.
They are cooked. They were dominated by 18th for a half.

Our skills just fell apart when the pressure increased and the kids look tired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We look tired.

Young team, end of a long season, Zurhaar and Mahoney shouldn't be out there, Ford second game, Tarrant out of petrol tickets after a shortened season ... this is not surprising

Bit gutted. Our endeavour 1st half was spot on but we gifted them to many rebounds or looks just like we did Geelong.

2nd half probably the 1st genuine balls up in the last 2 months.

Atu was exactly the type we needed on their mosquitoes very strange decision that one.

I’ve been a big Campbell advocate but he didn’t exactly seize his opportunity unfortunately. I’m sure he was digging in but it didn’t work and it might’ve finished off his time on the list sadly,

One thing I think that needs to be a priority in pre-season, after fitness, is finding a plan B for our ball movement when we can't access the corridor. This second half has shown that when the way we want to play gets taken away from us, we don't really know what else to do. Good teams find ways to win when they're not playing well. See: Richmond tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back