Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

Legit did a double take earlier when looking at the thread list and that's what I had read.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Mitchell was pretty good, got plenty of the ball and has won a brownlow medal. The people doing these bests don't know who Josh Ward or Conor Nash are. They just see he had a decent game so they chuck him in.
They have to get a website match report loaded up within 30 minutes and just look at stats. Lazy but that’s the sport reporting world we live in.

They have to get a website match report loaded up within 30 minutes and just look at stats. Lazy but that’s the sport reporting world we live in.

Same system works for the Brownlow votes.

Same system works for the Brownlow votes.
I'll pot the umpires at any opportunity but I give em the benefit of the doubt with the Brownlow. They reward what they see, with lower scoring forwards and team based defence football is far more the territory of midfielders these days. It's an overrated award.

The AFLCA MVP should be the most prestigious.

I'll pot the umpires at any opportunity but I give em the benefit of the doubt with the Brownlow. They reward what they see, with lower scoring forwards and team based defence football is far more the territory of midfielders these days. It's an overrated award.

My point was they get the stat sheets after the game. For mine it should be based on what they see in the game - not on the stats sheet.

It's the only award I can think of where you can be certain everyone voting has:
  1. Watched all the games they're voting on.
  2. Inside knowledge on what their own players actual roles for a game are.
  3. The best idea on which opposition players stopped them from doing what they were trying to do.

It's funny, I almost found myself hoping he'd stuff it up because of Coach Killer's one eyed rambles about him. Much prefer measured expectations to be exceeded, than people waxing lyrical and setting the bar way too high.
If you actually found yourself hoping a young player would stuff it up I reckon that makes you a pretty classless dog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was clearly tongue in cheek. 🙄
In what way is expressing hope for a player to fail because of an overly supportive poster on a footy forum ‘tongue in cheek’. Maybe he didn’t really hope that, but is still a d*ckhead thing to say.

In what way is expressing hope for a player to fail because of an overly supportive poster on a footy forum ‘tongue in cheek’. Maybe he didn’t really hope that, but is still a d*ckhead thing to say.
It's an expression FFS. At the Hawks Eagles game, there was a Hawks supporter so obnoxious that I made a similar comment here - "I'm starting to hope we lose just to ruin this guy's day!". Obviously, I didn't actually want to lose, just as tommyk72 didn't actually want Jeka to fail.

It's an expression FFS. At the Hawks Eagles game, there was a Hawks supporter so obnoxious that I made a similar comment here - "I'm starting to hope we lose just to ruin this guy's day!". Obviously, I didn't actually want to lose, just as tommyk72 didn't actually want Jeka to fail.
I understand the expression, but it’s a very stupid thing to think/say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

Back