Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

Well our small forwards must have been busy dreaming then because Kosi's presence hasn't caused a spike in their performances this week nor last.

We can't keep selling downsides of players as features of their game. If Kosi can't start taking marks or learn to play with Lewis in the side, he's not going to be worth persevering with.
If Hawks were given $1 for every mark Kosi has dropped - Dingley would be debt free

If anything he plateaued but he didn’t go backwards. He had a shoulder reconstruction and struggled to find confidence in his body for much of 2020, but he was still had his moments.
Then in 2021 he was tracking well but got KO’d at training.

Kosi hasn’t had the injuries or setbacks, but has had plenty of underwhelming games and missed opportunities. His dropping of marks seems to frustrate most onlookers.

He had the same injury didn’t he - a shoulder reco.

Starting to look like timmyO :( still I have faith in him turning it around. Earlier this year he had a patch where he was clunking them.
That's pretty much what he is, the only difference at the moment is that O'Brien at least looked like he was going to mark it a lot of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well our small forwards must have been busy dreaming then because Kosi's presence hasn't caused a spike in their performances this week nor last.

We can't keep selling downsides of players as features of their game. If Kosi can't start taking marks or learn to play with Lewis in the side, he's not going to be worth persevering with.

Lewis gives him heaps of time to practice without Lewis in the side. lol.

I like Kozi. He could start clunking a few more marks though.

Reeves, Lewis, Newcombe, Day, Ward, MacDonald, Butler, CJ, Scrim, Moore, Blanck, DGB and now seemingly Jeka… that is a fantastic youth base to build around IMO. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if we push the 8 next year.
Hoping that we can twist Brockman’s arm to stay too.

Call it a draw then 😉 NB: I don’t have James in our best 22 anymore.
It's not a draw, a draw means either both sides are correct or both are wrong, in this only you are wrong.

Ashcroft will go #1.

Hopefully the AFL give Roos end of 1st round.
Hopefully afl give the roos nothing. Sick of getting pushed back in the draft cause sides are bad. Or have a academy or fs pick, or free agency compensation.

Unless you finish bottom you get screwed over in the draft and in the last few years even pick 1 holders have been screwed.

Starting to look like timmyO :( still I have faith in him turning it around. Earlier this year he had a patch where he was clunking them.

Timmy never even cracked the 20 goal mark in any of his seasons. Kosi is close to it in what has been a poor season from him compared to our expectations.

If he can grab those marks we'll be laughing.

TOB had about 7 years to show his potential but sadly never got there
TOB never kicked 5 in a game. Kosi has shown heaps more than Obrien did.

Hasn't had the best year but when he's not there intercepting defenders have their way.

I don't know why some on this board are so quick to write off kosi, jeka and callow who have all shown potential and elite traits. Same people were writing off Lewis when he had a form and injury issues.

Kosi first year as a forward last year kicked a heap of goals, doesn't get out marked, puts on pressure, attacks the contest hard and leads hard to the ball. Lots to improve on but worth persisting.

Jeka, was dominant in the VFL at times. Brilliant field kick off both feet. Can kick bags of goals now showing he can play defence too.

Callow - essentially a first year player and has already earned a few games. Has excellent marking, strength and endurance. But apparently should be delisted because he didn't do well in the ruck.

Next year they'll be potting Blank and Ramsden saying they are no good if they aren't dominating AFL games.

TOB never kicked 5 in a game. Kosi has shown heaps more than Obrien did.

Hasn't had the best year but when he's not there intercepting defenders have their way.

I don't know why some on this board are so quick to write off kosi, jeka and callow who have all shown potential and elite traits. Same people were writing off Lewis when he had a form and injury issues.

Kosi first year as a forward last year kicked a heap of goals, doesn't get out marked, puts on pressure, attacks the contest hard and leads hard to the ball. Lots to improve on but worth persisting.

Jeka, was dominant in the VFL at times. Brilliant field kick off both feet. Can kick bags of goals now showing he can play defence too.

Callow - essentially a first year player and has already earned a few games. Has excellent marking, strength and endurance. But apparently should be delisted because he didn't do well in the ruck.

Next year they'll be potting Blank and Ramsden saying they are no good if they aren't dominating AFL games.
In Callow's debut game he was rucking against Gawn. Imagine that.

I never wrote off Lewis because he only ever lacked effort, his craft was good, his kicking on goal was good and his marking was good. As soon as he put it all together he became one of the best performed KPFs this year.

Kosi has effort sure, but he lacks forward craft, he's an unreliable kick for goal and his marking is extremely poor for a tall forward. I'm not setting my expectations on Kosi off kicking 5 goals in a game once last season against one of the worst teams in the comp. His break out year with a "heap of goals" as you called it was rated statistically average on almost every level, with 1.35 goals a game. This season he's been worse, despite the team's offensive improvements, and he's also been poor at a VFL level.

Fact is that every player who gets drafted has good qualities, if they didn't then they wouldn't be drafted - but you have to make list changes because the AFL forces you to. That's what makes list management tough. I don't think Kosi would be on the chopping block this year but I certainly wouldn't be too upset if he was traded or moved on in some way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

Back