Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

The word ‘elite’ gets bandied about on here with such wreckless abandon that the meaning of the word is being rendered obsolete. Champion Data is going to need to create a new category at this rate.

Backwards might be a tough call. Plateaued is a better explanation.

I'm still giving Kosi the benefit of the doubt. Had his own shoulder surgery to overcome. Has had a role change due to the return of Gunston.

His flaws have glaringly obvious this season, however I find many on this board are quick to ignore his good moments. He's still young and finding his feet in a new position in a rebuilding side. I'm giving him another pre-season before claiming that he isn't a massive part of the future of this side.
No backwards !!

Callow - essentially a first year player and has already earned a few games. Has excellent marking, strength and endurance. But apparently should be delisted because he didn't do well in the ruck.
For someone who is so excellent at marking he doesn’t take many, unless it’s seemingly against a poor side.

He’s not agile, not quick and hasn’t looked like much more than a capable VFL player for most of this year, and is clearly 4th in line for a call up into the forward line behind Lewis, Kosi, Jeka and maybe even Serong already.

That’s why people think he’s spot on the list will be vacated.

The word ‘elite’ gets bandied about on here with such wreckless abandon that the meaning of the word is being rendered obsolete. Champion Data is going to need to create a new category at this rate.
I think it matches in well with Champion data rating some very average players as elite over the years.

I think it matches in well with Champion data rating some very average players as elite over the years.

We just need to keep a lid on it at times as people are only going to set themselves up for disappointment. Multiple posters were going on and on about how ‘elite’ Jeka’s kicking is - best in the AFL even! He then turns over half of his possessions on the weekend. Maybe just let these kids show their stuff without setting expectations stupidly high, that’s how players become unfairly targeted as whipping boys.

We just need to keep a lid on it at times as people are only going to set themselves up for disappointment. Multiple posters were going on and on about how ‘elite’ Jeka’s kicking is - best in the AFL even! He then turns over half of his possessions on the weekend. Maybe just let these kids show their stuff without setting expectations stupidly high, that’s how players become unfairly targeted as whipping boys.
It's funny, I almost found myself hoping he'd stuff it up because of Coach Killer's one eyed rambles about him. Much prefer measured expectations to be exceeded, than people waxing lyrical and setting the bar way too high.

It's funny, I almost found myself hoping he'd stuff it up because of Coach Killer's one eyed rambles about him. Much prefer measured expectations to be exceeded, than people waxing lyrical and setting the bar way too high.

I really enjoyed the things he did right on the day and am excited by his potential - but you’re dead on. People don’t temper expectations so you’re almost magnifying the kid’s errors as a result of the myopic bleating. A bit like how the club almost set up TOB to fail because they gave him the 23 when he hadn’t even played for us.

For someone who is so excellent at marking he doesn’t take many, unless it’s seemingly against a poor side.

He’s not agile, not quick and hasn’t looked like much more than a capable VFL player for most of this year, and is clearly 4th in line for a call up into the forward line behind Lewis, Kosi, Jeka and maybe even Serong already.

That’s why people think he’s spot on the list will be vacated.

Callow does one thing extremely well - when he gets his hands to the ball, it sticks.

Short of some surgical solution to Kozi's woes, I wonder if it's just physiological gifts or something we can learn from.

Callow does one thing extremely well - when he gets his hands to the ball, it sticks.

Short of some surgical solution to Kozi's woes, I wonder if it's just physiological gifts or something we can learn from.

Does Stephen Dank have one of those machines like in The Fly? That could help us.

I have only watched the first half (thanks to the recommendations of everybody on here about avoiding the second half) but Kosi was 2 dropped marks away from ripping the game to absolute shreds from what I saw.

His defensive effort when he was caught two on 1 during the second quarter to win the ball back for us was absolutely outstanding.

If he'd held a couple more grabs he could have had 3 goals before half time easily.

I know many on here are tempering their expectations of him, but he's reminding me a lot of Mitch Lewis with his trajectory at the moment.

Mitch went backwards after his breakout season. Kosi could still finish this season with 20 goals after being asked to play as a ruck/fwd for the first time ever. Coming off a shoulder reco last summer as well. There is SOMETHING there with him.
Mitch Lewis didn't go backwards, the delivery inside 50 was AWFUL.

You could have put Hawkins, Cameron & Curnow in that forward line and they would have also gone "backwards"

Our midfield has been the weakest line from 2019, it's definitely improving and looks like being on par with our back & forward line by 2024.

Having now seen 3 quarters of this game, I'm pretty stunned by Tom Mitchells inclusion in the best players and Josh Wards omission.

Titch was pretty good, but Ward was damaging. Simply from the eye test I'd say that was the most effective game Josh has played so far.

Was Mitchell pretty important in the final quarter? I haven't mustered up enough courage to sit through it yet knowing we barely fired a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having now seen 3 quarters of this game, I'm pretty stunned by Tom Mitchells inclusion in the best players and Josh Wards omission.

Titch was pretty good, but Ward was damaging. Simply from the eye test I'd say that was the most effective game Josh has played so far.

Was Mitchell pretty important in the final quarter? I haven't mustered up enough courage to sit through it yet knowing we barely fired a shot.
Don't bother mate. We were under siege and just held on. Nothing to see really.

Worth watching the last qtr just for lol's at the umpiring

Mitchell was pretty good, got plenty of the ball and has won a brownlow medal. The people doing these bests don't know who Josh Ward or Conor Nash are. They just see he had a decent game so they chuck him in.

Interesting, I thought Jai was good but not second best on ground good.
He was voted 3rd best on by the the coaches

ca76868c08c5c1d1b9667c21b4a1292d.png

Mitch Lewis didn't go backwards, the delivery inside 50 was AWFUL.

You could have put Hawkins, Cameron & Curnow in that forward line and they would have also gone "backwards"

Our midfield has been the weakest line from 2019, it's definitely improving and looks like being on par with our back & forward line by 2024.
Lewis didn’t go backwards, he got injured.

Shoulder reco in 2020.

No Titch was pretty good but definitely not in the best, Ward was however and super damaging and classy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

Back