Prediction Round 21, 2024 - Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer Culley to be starting 22, not as the sub.
Just my thoughts, he's coming from a long way back after ACL.
Hutchinson position? Unsure.
Rotate fwd/mid/bench?
Understand the knocks on him, just would like to see him have a good run at it.
Maybe delusional, but I just like his style/work ethic, and he is still early stages of AFL career.
I would be backing him in.

Agree.. I can understand the knock on him but at this point I'd rather give these more seasoned rookies as much time as possible just to have a crack and show what they've got... neither party has anything to lose. Hopefully we see more of Trew but by the way Schoey talks about him he'll probably end up back next year in some capacity.

No.

Mass changes coming.

Out - Trew, LEdwards (both INJ), Hutch, Petch (Both suspended), Rotham, Darling
In - Gov, Duggan, Johnston, Hall, Dewar, Gaff (Sub)

Obviously going to need some positional changes. I would like to see Hough have the shackles released for the last 4 weeks of the season. He has said in the past that his preferred position is a wing. He has shown that he is going to be a quality shutdown defender, but in the last month, lets see what other tricks he has. Played mainly as a wing with some time inside.

Culley lucky to hold, but give him another chance as a forward not as a mid.

If they want to play Johnston off HB, then Duggo to a wing.

Hall inside.

Backs - Gov, TB, HEdwards, Ginbey, Hunt, Cole, Duggan
Mid - Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Hall, Maric, Johnston, Hough
Rucks - Williams x 2
Forwards - Allen, Waterman, Culley, Dewar, Ryan, Cripps
Sub - Gaff
Please keep Culley away from the forward line. Applies less pressure than Darling.

Bench JW and ruck from there with BBW. Reid prides himself on pressure.I want him more for that than his marking.
Winning is not important at the moment.We will struggle to beat GC no matter what team we put on the park
Why on earth would we bench JW after a really good game in the AFL?

Jake Waterman to ruck, he's just a role player.

Please keep Culley away from the forward line. Applies less pressure than Darling.
Yea I tend to agree, but also feel we need to give him a chance to show something before we potentially delist him at years end. He isn’t a midfielder at AFL level, so we need to see if he can offer anything as that 3rd/mid range forward.

TB,Hutch,Petch out.
Gov,Duggan,Dewar in.
Witts has a dodgy back and is listed as a test.Would they risk him on a long flight with an iffy back?
If he doesn’t play I’d certainly not bring in Flynn.BBW shouldn’t be rewarded for a sterling effort in the derby; by being dropped.Plus beating on the weeny kahuna gives him extra brownie points.
JD definitely out. Too slow. AReid In.

TV was on Channel 10 at the gym with no sound but looked like they were insinuating Gaff is getting a farewell game this week?

Couldn’t really tell if it was based on sources or just opinion without sound though.
Nah . Schofield wants to play those deserving selection from what he said on afl360 . If you want to farewell Gaff go to a wafl game .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Barrass, Petch, LEdwards, Hutchinson, Rotham, BWilliams, Darling.

In: McGovern, Chesser, Sheed, Dewar, Witherden, Flynn, Duggan.

F; Ryan, Waterman, Dewar
HF; Cripps, Allen, Chesser
C; Hunt, Kelly, Cole
HB; Duggan, McGovern, Ginbey
B; Hough, HEdwards, Witherden

F; Flynn, Yeo, Reid

B; Maric, Trew, Sheed, JWilliams
SUB; Darling.

*Maric wing HB rotation, Trew tagging midfield rotation, Sheed high HF rotation, JWilliams FF ruck rotation, Allen CHB rotation (McIntosh MKII)

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yea I tend to agree, but also feel we need to give him a chance to show something before we potentially delist him at years end. He isn’t a midfielder at AFL level, so we need to see if he can offer anything as that 3rd/mid range forward.
He is AFL mid or bust for me.

If Maric can’t get a game in our forward line culley has zero chance.

With Barrass out is it time to finally throw Darling back for a full game?
Applies pressure, reads the play, has a tank, brings a lot of balls to ground.
Don't think it would be the worst move and who knows could just be the move of the year.
All the talk about Oscar going back, I think Darling should be option A instead.

Don't think it would be the worst move and who knows could just be the move of the year.
All the talk about Oscar going back, I think Darling should be option A instead.

I love this idea.

Its not like he will be the main full back but he would be a very handy 3rd tall compared to say a Rotham.

This way we can get him to his 300th without making the forward line too tall.

you'd think it would have been announced by now though, to give people plenty of time to consider going to the game.

We've got another home game still to come. If there's some romanticism that we should play Gaffy in a guaranteed win, I've got my reservations.

GC haven't won away from home all year and they fly into Perth as favourites. Any time recently we've been half a sniff in a 50-50 game we've turned up our toes and had our pants pulled down.

I don't mind sending Gaffy off, but it's a bridge too far trying to co-ordinate it with what we think is a winnable game.

My only concern with that is how JD gets used in the open play. If he brings the ball to ground that's good, but if he is then involved in free wheeling link up play where you have to get creative, that's concerning. He usually gets pinged HTB in those situations as his body and mind are not aligned with what he's trying to do.

We've got another home game still to come. If there's some romanticism that we should play Gaffy in a guaranteed win, I've got my reservations.

GC haven't won away from home all year and they fly into Perth as favourites. Any time recently we've been half a sniff in a 50-50 game we've turned up our toes and had our pants pulled down.

I don't mind sending Gaffy off, but it's a bridge too far trying to co-ordinate it with what we think is a winnable game.
Given the amount of forced change, i reckon this will be a bumfight

I mean there's also some incredible mental gymnastics in saying we would like to have a chance of winning the game, so let's play a guy who hasn't been getting selected on merit.

Is Rowell a protected species this week (as he was in the last game between the sides)? Maybe the club should send an email to the umpire’s department informing them that we expect them to apply the “Windhager rules” to our tagger this week…

Is Rowell a protected species this week (as he was in the last game between the sides)? Maybe the club should send an email to the umpire’s department informing them that we expect them to apply the “Windhager rules” to our tagger this week…
Rowell tucks the ball under his arm puts his chin on his chest and barges ahead. Nobody is allowed to touch him as it’s head high! Joke!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back