Game Day Round 21, 2024 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win it by a point or a couple, let's get it done and get home injury free.

Freo and the Bulldogs seem to be charging now, the Swans and Blues crashing, Port and the Cats are up and down, GWS the 'sleepers'. All around us is carnage so let's just be the consistent side, just keep getting the wins however and maintaining consistency.

Win it by a point or a couple, let's get it done and get home injury free.

Freo and the Bulldogs seem to be charging now, the Swans and Blues crashing, Port and the Cats are up and down, GWS the 'sleepers'. All around us is carnage so let's just be the consistent side, just keep getting the wins however and maintaining consistency.
Can we keep going all the way
Wondering if we drop off we could be in trouble as the season is so close.
We win today we are a true standout
lately it’s been different to last year,it feels like we really are playing like a true winner
I wonder if 3kz has his gear on already
Don’t peak to early kz
Have you made a banner

lately it’s been different to last year,it feels like we really are playing like a true winner
Don’t peak to early kz
Have you made a banner
I have a feeling we may not hear from 3KZ today... And not just cos he's so busy donning his frog suit 😂🐸

I know it is hard to keep winning but I don’t feel like we’ve actually hit the go button yet because most of our wins lately have been just enough to play above the opponents level. I get the feeling we are primed to go up a gear when we need to. Basically just measuring ourselves and not getting ahead of ourselves so we don’t do what Sydney has done at the wrong time.

I know it is hard to keep winning but I don’t feel like we’ve actually hit the go button yet because most of our wins lately have been just enough to play above the opponents level. I get the feeling we are primed to go up a gear when we need to. Basically just measuring ourselves and not getting ahead of ourselves so we don’t do what Sydney has done at the wrong time.

Agreed, I'd be nervous if we kept playing like what we did against Port. That was almost everything going picture perfect and our opponent in total shock - like what Port did to Sydney yesterday. I worry with that style coz there'll definitely be days when it won't come off and the fall of quality in general play would be pretty steep. Swans could not think clearly yesterday, struggling to hit a target and getting run down. I'd rather not have that type of fluctuation in playing form.

I like our ability to just stay ahead of the opponent and close out tight ones. Makes it uneasy for us supporters, but it keeps the players grounded, reminding them that any slip-ups this season could result in a big drop in ladder as Carlton are seeing now.

Last edited:
Here's some pretty trendy looking data. Looks like we'll need to start well and hang on for dear life 😬

View attachment 2068137

While that Q4 figure is a bit inflated - we did contribute to that inflation by giving them a 7 goal 4th quarter (round 14) along with West Coast (round 19).

If we keep Saints to their Marvel Q4 range of somewhere between 2 and 4 goals, we would've done well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the game last night
I only saw the 4th
Gees it was another level with Pendleton looking possessed
I’m thinking the same though, we would have another level
Looking really controlled the last weeks
Having said that I respect the saints
So let’s go Lionsssssss

Don’t peak to early kz
Have you made a banner
IK book flights to the grand final after the Gold Coast match, i thought after that game with the injuries we still found a way to win. I think we are a better team now than last year.

Very nervous about today. With the other teams bunching around us, we need to keep winning.

But this is exactly the type of game where we have pooped the bed in recent years.

After amazing wins against Sydney and Gold Coast, this game seems like an easy kill.

It won’t be. And if we are not 100% switched on, we’ll go down.

Fingers crossed!

StKilda will go into this game full of confidence after their 4th quarter efforts last game against us.
We had their measure every time we needed to in the last game, quite easily to my eye.
So therefore, I don’t think we will give them a sniff today.
We will get out to an early lead and never let them in it.
Lions by 60🦁

To make the GF you really need to finish top 4
To finish top 4 we really need to beat the 14th placed team 4 weeks out from finals.
That 14th place team does have a 100.5% so have been competitive this year.
We are on a winning streak of 8 games. The Dogs, Power and up till yesterday the Swans were our best wins.

I think if Charlie Camerons form improves that will be the catalyst to what will look like an overall team improvement.
His basic stats are on a par with the previous 3 years except in two key arrears those being goals kicked and tackles.
Charlie, please start a big form improvement from today and continue that form through the final series.

Just get the four points. Expecting it to be close. Banking wins right now will give us a red hot shot at finishing first or second. The players will know that and like the Suns game, expect they'll be up for it.

i noticed during third Q last week, Eric came off, and seemed to be getting some attention for what looked like a groin issue, not too much was said by the commentators, and he did play out the game. Anyone heard anything if he is right for today? Hopefully Harris is also OK, don't forget he got a very bad concussion about 5 years ago against GWS.

our mids will dominate Saints, so I expect a win today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back