Game Day Round 21, 2024 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i noticed during third Q last week, Eric came off, and seemed to be getting some attention for what looked like a groin issue, not too much was said by the commentators, and he did play out the game. Anyone heard anything if he is right for today? Hopefully Harris is also OK, don't forget he got a very bad concussion about 5 years ago against GWS.
If there was any injury to Hippy or Andrews, it would have been noted in the injury update and they wouldn't be available for selection.

If there was any injury to Hippy or Andrews, it would have been noted in the injury update and they wouldn't be available for selection.
just thought it was a bit strange naming Smith on IC. We seem to be tall, and whilst we are not overly tall in the backline (apart from Harris), there is no King up forward, so saints not overly tall either, even if Marshall goes forward on occasions.

i noticed during third Q last week, Eric came off, and seemed to be getting some attention for what looked like a groin issue, not too much was said by the commentators, and he did play out the game. Anyone heard anything if he is right for today? Hopefully Harris is also OK, don't forget he got a very bad concussion about 5 years ago against GWS.

our mids will dominate Saints, so I expect a win today
Pretty sure it was from the collision with Harris Andrews the week earlier against the Swannies.

The other option is that we are trialling Eric back for one more week as a break glass in case of emergency for the finals in case Payne or Joyce don’t return or return in poor form on return. Knowing that he can do a job if we need him to may be important against the sides with a few threatening talls such as Carlton and the Bulldogs. And perhaps seeing if we can Smith up to speed in that eventuality.

And we are often quite wedded to our structures- more so up forward with three talls ie when we squeezed Gardener in as a third tall, but in this case three talls back- Andrews, Eric and Lester as the third tall.

Win it by a point or a couple, let's get it done and get home injury free.

Freo and the Bulldogs seem to be charging now, the Swans and Blues crashing, Port and the Cats are up and down, GWS the 'sleepers'. All around us is carnage so let's just be the consistent side, just keep getting the wins however and maintaining consistency.

I was worried about the dogs last week, but now that I’ve seen Sydney last night I wonder if last week said more about them than it did the dogs lol

Bruce didn’t play VFL yesterday… Are we expecting a late out?

Would be great if the club or one of the journos could confirm why Hippy is out...

Being our only tall key defender took it out of the Eel, he must rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being our only tall key defender took it out of the Eel, he must rest.

Hollywood Eric the Eel doesn't waste his time in pleb venues like Marvel. He's a big stadium player. Nothing but Gabba and the G for the rest of the year!

Saints with a late change as well.

BRISBANE will be without Eric Hipwood for its clash against St Kilda, with the key forward a late out for the game at Marvel Stadium.

Hipwood has been ruled out due to groin soreness, with Bruce Reville coming into the Lions' side as the starting sub.

St Kilda has also made a late change, with Angus McLennan to make his AFL debut in place of Ryan Byrnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back