Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly don’t the get Fyfe out sentiment, was he really that bad last night? I pretty much grade Fyfe these days based on how many Cat-10’s he does because his value to the midfield group with his physicality is difficult to measure statistically, and apart from the play on after the HTB call in the forward line (that’s more on the umpire IMO), there wasn’t any other significant howlers from memory…

Fyfe against fast midfields get caught out early in games but if you're willing to accept this and take his strengths in creating space, then you play him

Against bigger midfields that aren't super quick (like ours), he plays every time

He might get a forced rest, apparently there's a hit somewhere. Hopefully just a fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d bring Johnson in as sub, Aish slots in for Wagner. I get Wagner gives a bit of drive but I don’t think it’s enough to warrant his spot, he is prone to a bad kick and I’m not sure he knows how to defend.

I think though it might be Johnno in for Aish and he comes back as sub or maybe Fyfe is a sub. Fyfe has played every game and we have managed his game time a little but there is a squeeze.

Im an Emmet fan, I reckon what he brings is up there with Sonny. It’s basically a battle of Sonny’s class and experience vs Emmet’s pressure/chasing.

I believe in our MCG form - I think the lads embrace the opportunity to play there as we go so rarely and we play the ground well now. I think lots of people still think we can’t win away despite having a pretty good away record these past two years, so I’m hoping that we give them a very unpleasant surprise.

Will Johnno be ready? Given that the team has gone alright without him, you’d think match committee would be wanting to play the long game if there is any doubt on the integrity of that foot.

Aish needs a full game to maintain match fitness, but unless it’s at Peel, not sure who comes out to give him game time.

Fyfe out please

I've been critical of Fyfe all year especially some of the games i've seen in Melb.

I was lucky to be at the game last night and saw him put on some great blocks for serong.

He's got his role to play.

I was always concerned with him slowing the team down. However, with wags added to the back line with jordy and walker our balance is a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At some stage during the remaining games I see value in getting some game time into: Erasmus, Brodie and NOD.

They are our next midfield "ins".

Because this game is a rare MCG game, it is probably better to select the team preferred for the finals.

But I would rotate Wagner and Aish this week to make sure they are both getting enough game time. And if MJ is ready to go, I'd leave one of them out and play him.

Man, this is tough, Johnson has to come back in, but for who? Emmett played well and kicked 3 goals, JOM has lifted and is likely untouchable now, leaves either Banners or takes Aish’s spot as the Sub.
Great to also have NOD pushing for selection along with Ras and Brodie, finally feels like we are developing good midfield depth.

Essendon are going to come out with something to prove in this one, on top of fighting to stay in the 8. Won’t be a walk in the park despite their loss to the Saints.
Richmond had something to prove
Melbourne had something to prove
West Coast…

As JLo pointed out earlier this season, every team appears to be using Freo as a litmus test this season

That’s not even remotely true. Most of his involvements with and without the ball were good.
Was a pressure first half, Chappy, don't get too fancy and over think it, kick the ball out of the area. Stop twisting and turning yourself into trouble!
Johnson in, Aish out.

Was a pressure first half, Chappy, don't get too fancy and over think it, kick the ball out of the area. Stop twisting and turning yourself into trouble!
Johnson in, Aish out.

Clearly a directive to handball out of defense, find our runners and go from there. Easily prefer this than a pressured hack down the line where Barass would just intercept mark.

Outside the one CBA where he got manhandled, Aish coming on wasn't so bad. Seemed okay on the wing but if he isn't playing in def... Then MJ will replace him

Had a look at the replay, and saw that overall Aish did his job pretty well.

I see no major need for a change (subject to injury from last night). You could rest Fyfe, if the medico’s deem it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back