Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was great to see Bobby play like he did last night. Not everything he did worked, but he was getting the ball, and causing problems for the Bloos defence.
The return of McCreery, McStay, also having Elliott and Schultz just frees him up to play the role he did last night.
Should have kicked at least 4, but good to see him getting that '23 form back....

The GOAT 🐐 was unbelievable. For Pendles to play how he did, close to BOG, some people may have him as BOG, it's freakish.
The stats he ended up with, the 27 disposals, 9 clearances, 14 contested possessions, nearly 500 metres gained. If you're a 22 year old mid, you would be ecstatic with those numbers. Pendles is in season 19, and is 36!!!
What a legend,champion of our club, and the boys wanted that win so bad for Pendles, it got tough in the last 2 mins there. It was happening right in front of us, and there were some crunching tackles and bumps...

Where was that for the past 5 weeks?

I really enjoyed the first couple Qs when we got back to who we are
I feel like they needed something to really play for, and honouring Pendles by playing their best footy and winning was enough to make them play properly again. Can they keep this form up now? Perhaps the chance to play finals may be enough for them to play with heart again

I thought our defenders were so much improved tonight and it was such a plus to see Bruzzy play his best game for a few weeks 👏
Did Howe swing forward a couple of times? It was great to see that kind of strategy being used however we really need him down back to keep that structure. I’d love for Krueger to come in and play the Mihocek role, and give McStay some relief (when Cox is rucking or resting)

I think McGovern was concussed after getting a knee to the head, should have played it up and given it to a better kick for goal. Mind you that would’ve sent this board into meltdown, still it would be a smart play.
I remember big James Manson faking a back injury at VFL park and I think Ron McKewon took the kick and goaled. Charlie had a miracle recovery about 10 secs later it was pure gold.
Great point - if it was Geel, they’d have milked it and given the kick to Cameron.

Last edited:
Season is still over but I'm glad we rallied for Pendles, he deserves our best effort and he got that.
Bytel looks pretty decent to be honest and so did Long. We have a couple of good depth players there imho.
Hope Degoey is ok because the game drastically went downhill when he went off - we need him alot it seems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious... I know he copped a knock to the head (thanks Shoota), but is there a time limit to take a post-siren set shot? Seemed like he took 2 minutes.
Even though there's no time to waste, he still should of gotten 30 seconds. It seemed like a couple of minutes though.

Just curious... I know he copped a knock to the head (thanks Shoota), but is there a time limit to take a post-siren set shot? Seemed like he took 2 minutes.

It’s a good question. Think the only option an ump would have is the nuclear one of calling a player for time wasting and take the ball off him. But like the sound of one hand clapping, can time be wasted when there is no time left?

Have made an inquiry.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hoping Karma catches up with the aggro Blues supporter who attacked our taxi drivers car a few minutes before we hopped in. He showed us the vision on a massive flog in Carlton leisurewear get out of his car, smash the drivers side window and threaten the cabbie before trying to take on some dudes in a wagon (before he realized they could take care of themselves). Anyway footage being sent to police with license plates. Happy fine day ya useless dickhead.

Didn’t care how we won. We did enough and just let them **** it up themselves. Perfection.

Ripper Dipper. Imagine if that Q1 snap didn’t hit the post would’ve been epic!
We just found another way to twist the dagger in their heart.

You could argue we don’t deserve to…but if we win every game left in the regular season you could argue we should

Would love to scrape in and at least have a shot at defending

Tonight just felt so different

Let’s make the 8, win the first final, get JDG back, go at it
JDG aint coming back this year - High grade hammy 6-9 weeks minimum ,

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back