Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every pies fan needs to ring that cocksmack Cornes on SEN tomorrow morning. Darcy Moore deserves a public apology from that campaigner after the bath he gave Curnow last night.

Allowing them the chance to win that was awful. Terrible last quarter.

Will take the win but there's just so many issues all over the field. And the game plan needs some serious rejigging.
What a joke of a comment. Was a sensational game. We won. Broke Blues hearts. Couldn't have asked for a better result.

Not ideal.

Kicking back or sideways to a teammate we would have maintained possession. I love Billy but surely there were better options.

Agreed, it was a stupid decision based on what I could see on TV, but anyone at the game could argue this rightfully and say “there weren’t any other options”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How?

If I was going to be very biased towards Pies I would say that Pies should have won by 5 goals at best. Basically they should have played the game slow during the 4th quarter and just throw numbers inside Carlton's forward 50 and withstand the risky plays from Carlton.

If I was being fair, I would say Carlton should have been up 3 goals in the first then Pies controlled 2nd and 3rd leading by 2 goals entering 4th and a slug festival with Pies holding on hopefully.

What we saw was Carlton forward shut down early and missed opportunities, Pies then dominated 2nd and 3rd and then Pies literally witches hats in the 4th quarter where every center clearance went to Carlton. Pies lucky a shank kick after the buzzer.
We had their measure and kicked the last goal in the 3rd and kicked a behind and then the 1st goal in the last early to get out to a 32 point lead.
At that point, the game should have been over and it’s just a matter of finishing it off with another couple of goals.

For the Blues get a sniff in the end was probably more a reflection of us not continuing to do the little things which got us to a dominant position on the scoreboard.

We had their measure and kicked the last goal in the 3rd and kicked a behind and then the 1st goal in the last early to get out to a 32 point lead.
At that point, the game should have been over and it’s just a matter of finishing it off with another couple of goals.

For the Blues get a sniff in the end was probably more a reflection of us not continuing to do the little things which got us to a dominant position on the scoreboard.
We were spent towards the end. Still got up

🤣🤣 Carlton Autopsy thread warning :

IMG_20240804_134615.jpg

P.S. I voted for Charlie Curnow as their best player on their poll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uhh, post deleted and reason given was cannot post from other boards... yet it was de-identified. Since when has this been a thing?

Agreed, it was a stupid decision based on what I could see on TV, but anyone at the game could argue this rightfully and say “there weren’t any other options”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels wrong to be negative about any of the warriors who inflicted a defeat on the Blues, let alone Billy who is one of my fave players. But, yes.

General observation: watching last night’s game I no longer have a clue what constitutes holding the ball, incorrect disposal, throwing the ball.
Also the interpretation of a 15 metre kick seems to have reverted to what it was before they cracked down for basically one match which of course we were involved in.

Losing Jordy had much to do with this and the Blues playing with belief after a couple of goals.

Did you listen to Voss' presser?

Now that was delusional.

"I'm really proud of the way we fought to get back in the game". That should be a given. They're now trying to just stay in the 8 after being top 4 last week. "Played some of their best footy." They were down by 32 points in the last qtr & played 15 minutes of good footy.

I'd be furious hearing that from my coach.

I'll never be conviced otherwise that Voss is a decent coach. Deadset has NFI. Carlton have to belt teams at clearances otherwise they are rendered useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back