Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the passion form Coxy in this pic. It's glorious to see Pendles rewarded on such a special occasion but that lanky Yankee has adopted us and bleeds black and white.
You’re obsessed

I love the passion form Coxy in this pic. It's glorious to see Pendles rewarded on such a special occasion but that lanky Yankee has adopted us and bleeds black and white.
yep +1
people really underestimate how difficult it is to move from another country to australia, and to do the things he has done is totally fantastic

7pm Sunday night, red wine replay time.
I’ll enjoy this one.
its a beautiful thing.

The great thing about giving up that 5 goal lead is that if we had kept that margin, all of their dirtbagging supporters would have done a runner at the 20 minute mark.

But no, they had to stay until after the siren, so that we could break their hearts yet again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not ideal.

Kicking back or sideways to a teammate we would have maintained possession. I love Billy but surely there were better options.
Not sure about what was on offer backwards. But from memory his nearest option was sideways to Cox on Weitering. They were actually just inside the centre square.
Not sure centering it with Weitering lurking was a great option.
I think he handled it well.

its a beautiful thing.

The great thing about giving up that 5 goal lead is that if we had kept that margin, all of their dirtbagging supporters would have done a runner at the 20 minute mark.

But no, they had to stay until after the siren, so that we could break their hearts yet again.
Love this! Another angle on the Blues’ misery.

We ‘sacrificed’ our comfortable lead, just to give the players hope, and to keep the fans in their seats until the last possible minute. Then we struck - or more like, didn’t strike - but it was enough to inflict the utmost pain.

And then the Blues fans ran from the MCG in horror, but not before they witnessed our elation at their humiliation.

We couldn’t have planned this better, for maximum impact.

Not sure about what was on offer backwards. But from memory his nearest option was sideways to Cox on Weitering. They were actually just inside the centre square.
Not sure centering it with Weitering lurking was a great option.
I think he handled it well.

None that didn’t involve kicking away from our goals to a contest. Was absolutely deliberate and the right option.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I stand corrected, as I watched the game on TV.

It's OK to be wrong on this because it means my hero remains perfect.

Last edited:
I got up early to watch last night's game which started at 4:30 this morning here in Wisconsin. I'll go to bed tonight happy as a Sherrin in flight.

I'm a bit forgetful, though, could somebody remind me how many goals Curnow kicked ? :winkv1:
I hadn't gone to sleep when the opening bounce took place at 2:30 AM Arizona (US Mountain Standard) Time.

The answer to your question is: zero, nil nada, nothing and liking it!

Even better, screaming at the top of my lungs at the end and waking everyone in the house up before first light over the mountains in the Phoenix East Valley. I get screamed at, in return; however, once I tell them it's arch-rival Carlton, they all cheer and tell me to shut up!

I silently scream at the Great Danes (still asleep), Chocolate Labrador (wagging his tail and wanting to go walkies), Siamese Cat (who always answers back) and the Lady Persian who silently meows back. Your Arizona, USA fanbase jacked up, sleep-deprived and ready to take on the new day with the adrenaline of the big win in Scottie's 400th. Great stuff!

Peace!

yep +1
people really underestimate how difficult it is to move from another country to australia, and to do the things he has done is totally fantastic

I must be over 20 years older than Mason, but he's living the dream I had when I first started watching footy, and following the Pies here in the USA back in the early 1980s. That he was a member of the 2023 Premiership Club is the ultimate victory for me, personally, as I'm sure it is for many of us Americans who love footy. His story is nothing short of a fairy tale for us come true.

Peace!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back