Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahha I just remembered that point Sharp kicked for them
marge simpson GIF

Jeremy Sharp has now kicked a behind to win (vs Swans), a behind to draw, and a behind to lose.

Thread title is a banger 🤣

We lost the battle of the pretenders. Sad times.

Went up by 25 and put the cue in the rack thinking it was job done. But it wasn't.

Feels like we lose every centre bounce in those big moments. And convincingly. Like the opposition walk it right out the front straight inside 50. Needs to change.

Thread title is a banger 🤣

We lost the battle of the pretenders. Sad times.

Went up by 25 and put the cue in the rack thinking it was job done. But it wasn't.

Feels like we lose every centre bounce in those big moments. And convincingly. Like the opposition walk it right out the front straight inside 50. Needs to change.
I had three prepped.

Win, Lose or Draw.

And an umbrella ready for the shit storm either way.

Well **** me that hurts. Our lack of composure in tight games late I guess makes sense given the age profile but **** me they need to do get comfortable in those spots even beyond the midfielders not turning up - what was that last few minutes from Clark for instance.

Because he gave us nothing. Couldn’t make a decision when waltzing through the middle. Just bounce it or kick it?

They scored directly from that turnover.
One error, he made. Every other possession was very well constructed and to the teams advantage. How typical that people would drag up his one mistake. Clarke made a lot more errors than Erasmus. As did most of our players. Sharp was very ordinary, as well. Didn't see Jaeger or Freddie or Emmett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy has got me thinking of the Freo player who’ve got me to ‘hate them’ levels

Stuart Anderson
Chris Bond
Zak Clarke
Chris Groom
Jack Hannath
Shane Kersten
Brandon Matera
Daniel Parker
Tom Sheridan
Rory Lobb
Sean Darcy

That’s about it

Poetic really, best clearance team in the comp can barely win a clearance all day making Essendon look like a top 4 side. The last 30 seconds, all you have to do is not let them win it clear easily, hold it up at the very least, nah let them run out easily.

What an epic choke!

59 vs 44 inside fifty entries, 25 shots vs 19.

it was only accuracy that even kept us in the game, got smashed in the middle which gave them territory all day , the rest predictable.

Sharpys point comes back to haunt him.
I don't think that's true. Your midfield was much better, smashed us in the clearances. Your accuracy was also a product of the quality delivery into your fwd 50. I think we made our like bandits here. I'm hoping you guys can course correct, would like to see you win the flag.

I'm honestly trying to reconcile how we could miss finals with how we've looked for so much if the year. Talent all over the ground, I don't think I'm bias saying that, midfield that is close to breaking records on clearance, incredible key forwards. Is it all the small moments we've fluffed? Am I that bias on our talent?

I can honestly say I've had more fun watching us this year than even 2022 with some of passages being breath taking. It feels very weird

I don't think that's true. Your midfield was much better, smashed us in the clearances. Your accuracy was also a product of the quality delivery into your fwd 50. I think we made our like bandits here. I'm hoping you guys can course correct, would like to see you win the flag.
Bombers ids recaptured the early season form. Hoping they can keep it up now.

Roberts looks the goods

Okay so venting aside, some positives from the game:
  • Ignoring the last ten minutes, Young was elite this game. How good was that running goal from the centre bounce! So excited to see his growth.
  • Treacy and Amiss with 3 goals and 4 goals respectively will carry us to premiership success
  • Sturt has now kicked 17 goals in 8 games at 71% accuracy. His growth has really improved our forwardline.

I'm honestly trying to reconcile how we could miss finals with how we've looked for so much if the year. Talent all over the ground, I don't think I'm bias saying that, midfield that is close to breaking records on clearance, incredible key forwards. Is it all the small moments we've fluffed? Am I that bias on our talent?

I can honestly say I've had more fun watching us this year than even 2022 with some of passages being breath taking. It feels very weird
That last 5%

and consistency in-game.

So the season is over unless we can win the next 3 in a row.

5th-8th finish = no flag
There is no chance we were ever getting through a winning finals campaign without playing in a close game and we are terrible at close games. We are also terrible at holding leads on the road.

Our football in isolation is good enough, but there's more to it than that and we fail at pretty much all those things.

It's 100% all the small things. Because they aren't talent, they are experience.

The most infuritating thing is that we were dominating clearances in the second half. Then when it matterd most we gave up like 5 centre bounces in a row or something like that.

Really dissappointing that the fault is basically entirely on our leadership group. Serong, Brayshaw, Switta, JOM, Young all in the middle and all completely crumbled. Incredibly poor leadership.

One error, he made. Every other possession was very well constructed and to the teams advantage. How typical that people would drag up his one mistake. Clarke made a lot more errors than Erasmus. As did most of our players. Sharp was very ordinary, as well. Didn't see Jaeger or Freddie or Emmett.

Look I’d love to give the kid a go, but it was a no pressure couldn’t make a decision error. Could even of handballed it to the player riding shotgun. It’s inexcusable.

He wasn’t doing anything that warranted remaining on the field either. He was given a game and was miles of grabbing his opportunity.

I feel for him. I’d love him to just be given a block of games. But he’s out next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back