Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Id almost trade Darcy and a 1st for meek! He's just doesn't care enough.. he thinks the new ruck rules will just let him dominate with no effort required but was shown up.

Chapman liability defensively and ball in hand. Ethan Hughes plays and we probably win that. Their medium talls absolutely killed us.

Serong amazing in the 3rd but I felt he was front running.

Jackson did well with limited opportunities.. that's the thing though.. can we get him more involved. We haven't seen him play mid or wing. He's been used so unimaginatively. Who woulda thought we would see Lobb play back before Jackson on ball.

Young serong Brayshaw in the CB is very unbalanced. When they lose it they get waltzed thru

Hi All - can we be a little more mature here and stop calling our team (or at least, for many of the people on this board it is our team) a joke or pathetic / etc.? A team which is deserving of those kinds of title we are not; show some pride in yourselves, don't be joke supporters and your team please.

It is a tight competition; this was evidenced by good teams above us in the ladder got thrashed this weekend. We lost by a point and almost won the game, yes we lost out of the middle comprehensively (not for the first time) but we also did many things right. Essendon midfielders played out of their skins - we should acknowledge that they did and that they had the capacity to do so.

However out of all of that, we are still in the race to be in the 8, unlike some other teams, we have beaten some top teams, and gameplan and players are competitive. If you can't find that perspective at the moment, maybe walk away from the computer, because you are doing yourselves a disservice.
thank you! I have noticed that some of the names being the most hateful are names I have never seen before...

We’re just so mentally weak in close games. Something’s gotta be done.

There were a hundred little chokes before Darcy’s. Every missed tackle and handball to the feet was a choke. They seize up when it gets close.

Just lucky Logan McDonald missed when we tried to throw that game away too.
they need to mature?

Always sucks to lose a close game, especially when the margin was the point Sharp kicked for the Bombers. Still show a lack of maturity, not surprising when Walters, Fyfe and Pearce are out but it was looking like we had turned the corner. Forward line was good today, but Darcy was well beaten and the midfield had a woeful final quarter. Disappointing and very possible we miss the 8

Id almost trade Darcy and a 1st for meek! He's just doesn't care enough.. he thinks the new ruck rules will just let him dominate with no effort required but was shown up.

Chapman liability defensively and ball in hand. Ethan Hughes plays and we probably win that. Their medium talls absolutely killed us.

Serong amazing in the 3rd but I felt he was front running.

Jackson did well with limited opportunities.. that's the thing though.. can we get him more involved. We haven't seen him play mid or wing. He's been used so unimaginatively. Who woulda thought we would see Lobb play back before Jackson on ball.

Young serong Brayshaw in the CB is very unbalanced. When they lose it they get waltzed thru
Not sure if Darcy doesn't care.

Just probably isn't fit for mine.

He gets injured every 3 or 4 weeks and hasn't got a run on.

He has always been pretty ill-disciplined with his free kicks at the centre. If they are there or not I am not sure but he obivously has a flaw somewhere it happens too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far Out.

You can be angry, pissed off, yell, scream, whatever. That last quarter was putrid. No pressure, lack of class when it mattered.

Stop playing the man. Stop acting like children.

Or I WILL make you all wear the get-along-shirt.

Hahahha I just remembered that point Sharp kicked for them
marge simpson GIF

Not remotely surprising. Finals look shakey now.

Both the players and the coaching staff have a lot of sharpening up to do if the team is ever going to be a legitimate "contender". Arguably at least 12 pts thrown away from clear winning positions this year.

Far Out.

You can be angry, pissed off, yell, scream, whatever. That last quarter was putrid. No pressure, lack of class when it mattered.

Stop playing the man. Stop acting like children.

Or I WILL make you all wear the get-along-shirt.
So, just for clarification, we are allowed to actually talk about the team and their (lack of) effort on this board?

Nobody can convince me that Darcy was properly fit to play. The media flagged it, Joe Brierty flagged it, we even flew Reidy over as insurance policy and flew 2 traveling emergencies over. Idk what % he is, but any % that results in the decision that he's fit to play shouldn't lead to him being bitched by Sam Draper.

The problem for me is not this particular game. But the pattern through the year. We've lost 4 (almost 5) games where we were in front deep into the last quarter and folded late. All away.

On the flipside, we've only managed to get 1 draw when the situation has been reversed. This was at home.

Our other games have been generally very one sided either way. With a few 20 point wins that I wouldn't necessarily call close games.

When it comes to a close away final, it's going to be a big problem.

It's still a very young team, so I think this is one of the consequences.

That midfield mix is pretty much the same one we got spanked in some games last year. Sure, they may have their moments but they also have moments they can't win a clearance. Hope we never go with that mix again..

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back