Preview Round 21 - St. Kilda v Brisbane Lions (Sunday, 4 August 2024 at Marvel Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected schtick drop Grasshopper & Elixuh, but thought you were one of the good ones Viceregal :'(
I would be stunned to find that I had a rep around here for anything tbh!!!

If it is any consolation I am currently un-enjoying a date with a virus so you can put it down to a level of mental fogginess and grant my poor self a modicum of forgiveness for my apparently un-Viceregalish zingerness...

If it is any consolation I am currently un-enjoying a date with a virus so you can put it down to a level of mental fogginess and grant my poor self a modicum of forgiveness for my apparently un-Viceregalish zingerness...

362360.jpg

I reckon this is a big week for the Big O. I have him typed as a bit of a down hill skier as he has tended to dominate the lessor ruckmen but fall short against the best. However he had the better of Grundy last week. and with Marshall as another scalp, he will be getting towards possible AA selection.

Maybe Smith's selection puts a rocket under him?

You needed to Google that?
Fwiw, I half expected him to be back immediately, just wearing a face mask. But I usually follow the other kind of football more closely, where they aren't so worried about getting wacked in the head.
mask screen GIF

Saw AFL 360 are still trying to push "Rayner Man". Had it as a topic banner :p

(Btw, anyone know if it's possible to turn off the player banners? Makes it impossible to read posts on the apps...)
I've been wanting to know this for ages, but lacking the words to understand what I needed to ask (or who to ask it)

I've been wanting to know this for ages, but lacking the words to understand what I needed to ask (or who to ask it)
I actually think I messed up and they're called 'player cards', but hopefully we both find some help today! Haha

But I think they were a big part of different times I've dropped off big footy for big stints at a time haha.

Could be worse, I could have lumped you in with the over 50s clique.
Burns Nunez’s application for associate membership.

Saw AFL 360 are still trying to push "Rayner Man". Had it as a topic banner :p

(Btw, anyone know if it's possible to turn off the player banners? Makes it impossible to read posts on the apps...)
That makes no sense, unless they are suggesting that he is on the autism spectrum and really good at maths.

What about:
“Cam-tastic”
“Rayner-ing Goals”
“Cam-manding Rayner”

All of these are Fox Footy terrible, but they are a slight improvement.

That makes no sense, unless they are suggesting that he is on the autism spectrum and really good at maths.

What about:
“Cam-tastic”
“Rayner-ing Goals”

All of these are Fox Footy terrible, but they are a slight improvement.
100% agree. Pretty much had the exact same train of thought haha.

I have to confess, after I heard them pushing Rayner Man, I did start to think that 'The Rayne Maker' would be cool...

If it is any consolation I am currently un-enjoying a date with a virus so you can put it down to a level of mental frogginess and grant my poor self a modicum of forgiveness for my apparently un-Viceregalish zingerness...
Quite a few here would be experiencing the same this week. So all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no changes this week. We can’t afford to have people missing games with concussions and ACL tears getting back into the side without earning their way back through the 2s

Assuming Andrews is playing.
Big O v Marshall will be a good battle
Stocker probably to Neale
Ah Chee moves from wing last week back to HFF to mind Wanganeen-Milara.
Someone to look after Higgins with the mindset to change if needed.
Dunkley to run with someone most likely Steele.
Maybe Morris goes to either Wilkie or Battle to negate their marking. Similar to his role last week.

I think just about everywhere else we match up better or break even with the Saints.
We just have to get the win away like the Suns last week.
One week at a time is very true for the next 4 games.

Assuming Andrews is playing.
Big O v Marshall will be a good battle
Stocker probably to Neale
Ah Chee moves from wing last week back to HFF to mind Wanganeen-Milara.
Someone to look after Higgins with the mindset to change if needed.
Dunkley to run with someone most likely Steele.
Maybe Morris goes to either Wilkie or Battle to negate their marking. Similar to his role last week.

I think just about everywhere else we match up better or break even with the Saints.
We just have to get the win away like the Suns last week.
One week at a time is very true for the next 4 games.
Yeah I think Andrews comes in for Smith this week, fairly obviously.

Less obviously, but equally if not more importantly, McKenna out for Reville, or Answerth if we are committed to selecting an 8th defender. If Higgins is getting off the chain, as he did when we played them earlier this year, Answerth can go to him and release someone else.

Yes, I know McKenna and Answerth are different players and perform different roles. But McKenna hasn't even come close to performing his role in virtually any game this season, so it would be no great loss to replace him with Answerth in that sense.

Yeah I think Andrews comes in for Smith this week, fairly obviously.

Less obviously, but equally if not more importantly, McKenna out for Reville, or Answerth if we are committed to selecting an 8th defender. If Higgins is getting off the chain, as he did when we played them earlier this year, Answerth can go to him and release someone else.

Yes, I know McKenna and Answerth are different players and perform different roles. But McKenna hasn't even come close to performing his role in virtually any game this season, so it would be no great loss to replace him with Answerth in that sense.
I say Reville!

Surprised to see both Fort and Smith named in the 26. Almost implies one of them is going to play.

Also a bit surprised/disappointed to see Madden named ahead of say Harry Sharp. I know they play different parts of the ground but given the venue and opponent we're likely to need a bit of run. Particularly if Smith holds his place in the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back