Preview Round 21 v Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Friday August 4th 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just want Mini to lift the shitihad curse and tell the world how much Richmond loves the ground at his presser.
❤️ ❤️ ❤️
I dont get the issue with rfc and shitihad

it was all mental because of what dumma said

ffs we train on a ground with the exact same dimensions as shitihad, we should be better at that ground than others

Massive game, our season essentially comes down to this. Despite the doom and gloom of yesterdays loss we are still very much in the hunt for finals. Must win our next three and I have us making it, but one game at a time and it starts with a tough test against the doggies.

Nank and Short return, that much is clear. Listening to mini’s presser yesterday it sounds like we’ll go with the Nank/Soldo combo. I’m not a fan of both them playing together as they are both no.1 rucks, it hasn’t worked well since 2019. It was passable at stages in 2020 but even then it wasn’t great.

If not for anything else it may expose the Dogs lack of key backs when one of them rests forward, but again neither have the movement or one on one work to be serviceable key forwards. The tag team may also limit and wear down English’s impact.

I hope Bauer earns a recall, will help our forward structure and may get off the chain with the dogs injuries.

Ultimately this game will come down to stoppage/clearance how ever you want to put it. It’s what the Bulldogs are best at. On paper our mids should be able to match it with them but as we’ve seen throughout the year we have lapses which results in us being dominated out of the middle for large periods and losing control of the game.

Friday night will be a massive and win under the roof will really set the tone for the last month. If we play anything that resembles yesterdays first half, we will win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is must win if we want to play finals, but I keep asking myself, what is the point?

I hate that we're currently a team treading water. You either want to be contending or on the rise, and right now it just feels like we're bobbing around waiting to drown.

don't we have no picks either way ?

may as well win the flag this year

Out of interest when was our last win at Docklands seems awhile ago lol
Round 9 2021, defeated GWS by 4 points.

We last beat the Dogs there 10 years ago.

This team might be a bit extreme, but I'd love for us to just use the last four weeks to put time into kids that we think could be best 22 in the future (with maybe a Jack/Cotch farewell game thrown in against North).

B: Broad Balta Young
HB: D.Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: Ross Taranto Banks
HF: Baker Bauer Graham
F: Coulthard Ryan Martin
R: Nankervis Prestia Bolton
IC: Trezise Hopper Mansell Cumberland
SUB: Clarke

In: Nankervis Cumberland Ryan Bauer Short Trezise Clarke
Out: Soldo Cotchin Miller Pickett McIntosh Grimes Riewoldt

• McIntosh a little bit stiff, but I want us to pump games into Banks + see how he goes on the wing, given Rioli and Short aren't going to be going anywhere for a while and I don't want him stuck in the twos. I'd like to see what Trezise can do down back too.
  • Soldo incredibly unlucky, but with Ryan coming into the team (mainly to play up forward), we'd be too tall and slow with all three of them. I'd sooner go with the smaller player in Cumberland, who deserves a run.
I like your ideas. If we are going to lose, then let's not keep repeating the same things that don't work against the good sides. I'd like to see Bradtke get a game. Just about all the bulldogs' tall defenders are injured so why not give him a go. It's not like he will be picked up by May or Lever or become a bigger liability than Jack is at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back