Preview Round 22, 2018: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 18 August 2018, 7.25pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Cegs and Hendo were very good against the cats. I doubt they're being rested.

Sorry man, but this sentence doesn't make any sense.

They are clearly being rested. We play away against the Swans next week in a game that could determine if we get a double chance or not.

Ceglar has had a good block of game post injury, so a great opportunity to get him another rest. And Henderson is one of our eldest players that needs to do a truckload of running for us.

Also, not a bad idea to have plenty of young blokes in this week to avoid any complacency.

Cegs has carried the ruck for 5 weeks a little rest to heal the bruises will be good to have him ripe for the next 6-7 weeks, Pitto also played well and should get another run, win win folks.
Hendo got a nastly little bump from Floppsy in a marking contest and probably does have a minor niggle. Week off and back to it.

ROUND 22 TEAM
St Kilda v Hawthorn
Etihad Stadium
Saturday 18th August, 7.25pm

B: Shaun Burgoyne, James Frawley, Ben Stratton
HB: Jarman Impey, Kaiden Brand, Blake Hardwick
C: Jack Gunston, Tom Mitchell, Liam Shiels
HF: Ryan Burton, Ryan Schoenmakers, Isaac Smith
F: Luke Breust, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo
R: Ben McEvoy, Jaeger O’Meara, James Worpel
INT: Teia Miles, Conor Glass, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash
Emer: David Mirra, Taylor Duryea, Jonathan O’Rourke, Brendan Whitecross

IN: Conor Glass, Ben McEvoy
OUT: Jonathon Ceglar (corked calf), Ricky Henderson (hip)
The average age of this side must be pretty low.... bloody Benjamin Button Burgs stuffs that up though

This is an opportunity for Miles to stake his claim in the best 22 if he can keep playing well with a host of players coming back from injury next week. He hasn't put a foot wrong since coming into the team about six weeks ago. I don't think anyone would've predicted him to play as well as he has after being just a depth player the last four years.

This is an opportunity for Miles to stake his claim in the best 22 if he can keep playing well with a host of players coming back from injury next week. He hasn't put a foot wrong since coming into the team about six weeks ago. I don't think anyone would've predicted him to play as well as he has after being just a depth player the last four years.
Miles needs to pull his weight and get a RS nomination like all the other kids. :D:D

I have an awful feeling about this game. Gotta 'we're playing a QLD team so we don't need to try' vibe about it (yes I know St Kilda is in Victoria). When the MC get cute about resting players because of the opposition, they are just begging the opposition who have nothing to lose to come out swinging.
I think these are genuine injuries. Ceglar has been copping it physically with the amount of rucking he’s been doing while McEvoy has been out.

And Hendo has been good this year but he’s not the “give ya stars a rest up” type of player. He’s an older guy playing a big running role. Happy to see him given a week to freshen up as we’ll need run in finals if we come up against quick sides like Richmond and GWS.

Now, had we rested a whole bunch of Burgoyne, Gunston, Breust, Mitchell, O’Meara, Smith, etc, etc then I’d be concerned.

The cegs out makes sense, given his replacement is our best option and B.B. needs the run. Great to have big boy back. Happy for pitto to have a taste for consecutive weeks.

The Henderson “rest” is an interesting one. Personally I haven’t been very confident with his decision making and ball use and felt his ceiling wasn’t enough on the big stage. He has been solid however is fighting for his spot in the best 22.

Sicily, Roughead, cegs and (Birchall?) are definite starters, not Henderson. If the kids in the side step up, he is not an automatic inclusion at all.

KOLOKOTRONIS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm rapped for the kid. Glad to see him getting some consistent game time. He's earned it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did anyone in the entire thread pick these changes!? Love a good surprise at the selection table. I thought Glass was done for the year. Good on him for maintaining form and being ready to replace a soldier when required.

I reckon, if this were a final, neither Cegs nor Henderson would have been out. But that also doesn't mean that they don't have legit soreness and/or injuries. I also don't understand the lack of love for Hendo. While he's not perfect, he adds more physicality in a contest in both marks and packs than B Hill (lacks on the speed and total distance, and also on the precision passing) I think he is a real boon. My favourite is when he pops up in a spot that you are least expecting!

Good luck for the boys this weekend. I'm nervous, but pretty confident. Hoping the newer boys can continue to have an impact to fire them up as they head into the break. Nothing better than having a full squad champing at the bit to get back into training, and on top of that, doing the little extra things over the break.

Carn Hawks.

Last edited:
Saints don’t have much of a ruck division. Will be good for Pitt to get some minutes in there. I reckon BB will spend a lot of time up forward this week.

Like the idea of that. Allow BB to spend time up forward to ease him back in and hopefully we can get plenty of delivery to him.

Did anyone in the entire thread pick these changes!? Love a good surprise at the selection table. I thought Glass was done for the year. Good on him for maintaining form and being ready to replace a soldier when required.

I reckon, if this were a final, neither Cegs nor Henderson would have been out. But that also doesn't mean that they don't have legit soreness and/or injuries. I also don't understand the lack of love for Hendo. While he's not perfect, he adds more physicality and in contest marks/packs than B Hill (lacks on the speed and total distance, and also on the precision passing) I think he is a real boon. My favourite is when he pops up in a spot that you are least expecting!

Good luck for the boys this weekend. I'm nervous, but pretty confident. Hoping the newer boys can continue to have an impact to fire them up as they head into the break. Nothing better than having a full squad champing at the bit to get back into training, and on top of that, doing the little extra things over the break.

Carn Hawks.
I agree with your views on Hendo. I like him. And he usually ends up with a goal or two and his disposal is quite good. Definitely in our best 22.

Unchanged you would have to presume. Hopefully they can keep the adrenalin going and not take this one too lightly.

If I was doing a change it would be for the sake of change and maybe give Cegs a rest and give Pitto another run

Well I got it partly right but didn’t realise it would be because of injury. Shame as he has been doing so well. Don’t mind the ins - has a nice turn of speed so hopefully he has a good game

Pretty cool changes & the kids keep getting a run.
I like it!
Very much looking forward to the game & hope we put them to the sword early & drive home the win in a big way.
Should put pressure on all positions to perform & keep the competition for a best 22 right up there for the finals.

Those calling for the inclusion of Conor Mcleod, need I remind you he is already playing this week. His name when in New York was Russel Nash.

No mention Roughead is in second week of injury?

Have we forgotten him already?

Also I perceive we don’t need a big percentage booster just a 120% win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back