Preview Round 22, 2018: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 18 August 2018, 7.25pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be exactly the same, but then made a conscious decsion not to get drawn in because a) it isn't worth the the time or aggravation, b) it's annoying for everyone else who just wants to talk about footy and finally, c) You won't change someones mind or attitude by arguing with them on a forum.

Now back to tomorrow nights game. Hawks by 56 points.
that's a ridiculous and offensive comment

56 points!

But on a more serious note this is a preview thread for the Hawks v Saints game, probably not the place to try to solve the worlds problems, hell we have enough trouble agreeing on selection in here without bringing politics and religion into it.

Lots of fun discussion to be had on those other topics over on the Non Footy boards https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/categories/not-footy-related.38/

Yup I misread and joined the Bigfooty guild of posting before understanding. I’ve deleted the post and punished myself :(

Sorry but I'm leaving my quote there so your incorrectness is there forever. :p

Haha all good though your point was well made. JOM is going really well. Has polled coaches votes in 6 of the past 9 games. One of which he might have missed if I recall (Carlton??).

I think this will be a reasonably comfortable game of about 4 to 5 goals margin.

Great that we are resting players. The two ruck combo is going to serve us well during the finals. I think Ceglar is massively underrated and has performed excellently the last 4 weeks.

Given it's a pretty even playing field, anything's possible. However it'd be more a heist than a pinch. Our form isn't a patch on 2008 or our threepeat years – when we played like genuine premiership contenders. This year I haven't really seen that dominance, and we're still yet to play a complete four quarter game. But agree there have been some very exciting developments over the last little while.
Everything you say is spot on. A heist it would be indeed. And we have just the coach to orchestrate that. Love the fact that there is still massive upside in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing Nash in action again. Acquitted himself well with some good efforts last week, and with the absense of Henderson, he might be deployed up the ground a little more. Let us have a look at his running ability

Decent win. No injuries. Thankyou.

Nine players 23 and under named for this game. That doesn't include Sicily (23) and Howe (22) who are in the best 22 when available. One of the key reasons for this years major improvement is the players who are all in their prime are playing as good as they did during the three-peat; Gunston, Breust, Stratton, Smith, Shiels and McEvoy are all playing career best footy.

B: Stratton (29), Frawley (29), Hardwick (21)

HB: Burton (21), Brand (24), Impey (23)

C: Shiels (27), Mitchell (25), Smith (29)

HF: Gunston (26), Schoenmakers (27), Burgoyne (35)

F: Puopolo (30), Pittonet (22), Breust (27)

R: Ceglar (27), O'Meara (24), Worpel (19)

INT: Morrison (19), Glass (20), Nash (20), Miles (21)

Nine players 23 and under named for this game. That doesn't include Sicily (23) and Howe (22) who are in the best 22 when available. One of the key reasons for this years major improvement is the players who are all in their prime are playing as good as they did during the three-peat; Gunston, Breust, Stratton, Smith, Shiels and McEvoy are all playing career best footy.

B: Stratton (29), Frawley (29), Hardwick (21)

HB: Burton (21), Brand (24), Impey (23)

C: Shiels (27), Mitchell (25), Smith (29)

HF: Gunston (26), Schoenmakers (27), Burgoyne (35)

F: Puopolo (30), Pittonet (22), Breust (27)

R: Ceglar (27), O'Meara (24), Worpel (19)

INT: Morrison (19), Glass (20), Nash (20), Miles (21)

I'd even add Brand and Jaegs to that list, not because of their age but basically because of the limited amount of games they've played in their careers. Very good feeling to have these guys coming through

I don't think anyone was implying that allowances are only given to islamic players, more that it is only the players that practice Christianity who are mocked and looked down on for their choice of religion and I have to say that I 100% agree.

I really wish people would just leave stuff like religion and politics out of their posts on the Hawks board. Go and post on one of the other boards where that type of stuff belongs. The internet is full of forums for discontented individuals to vent their spleen about whatever political or religious issue is causing them to lose sleep at night. Go hang out there if you must. The one thing that we all have in common here is that we support the Hawks and are passionate enough about it to post on here. Why stuff that up by injecting such divisive topics into the otherwise footy related discussion?

Agree completely.
Now, why have I noticed you 'liking' posts defending or promoting the right/conservative point of view many times on here again.....?;)

When you still to footy, you're one of my favourite posters!:D

Post script: Just noticed in a follow up post you mention your own early weaknesses in engaging in such debate, so the above is probably gratuitous and decidedly less observant.

Last edited:
Wow. A whole lot introducing facts not in evidence (alleged abuse ratios from the crowd) or relevant (NRL policies and again said crowd behaviour) to a discussion about the purpose of a footy forum.

Now normally when I see this sort of argument it leads me to believe the position argued is weak. But perhaps not. Perhaps you’re convincing me instead that if I just believe something enough then it’s true. Perhaps post-modernism is correct after all. But then, if post-modernism is believed to be correct then isn’t that prima facia evidence that it’s merely a social construct and therefore incorrect?

I’m so confused!
Can I have that in Queenslander speak please old mate.....
Cheers aye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back