Game Day Round 22, 2022: Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last two goals I’ve seen Jeka

1. Stand still and not chase back so Cotchin got that mark/goal

2. Chose to spoil and his direct opponent crumbed it and set up the goal.

He is a defender people. That’s not defending.
He’s not the complete package. A lot to work on but i’ll still maintain there’s a lot to work with.

Need a complete overhaul of our Midfield, Nash is not a midfielder, Mitchell or O’Meara to go, probably Mitchell even know O’Meara has been invisible in this game, Shiels to hang up the boots, not sure why his playing, doesn’t look like a farewell game, can’t understand why Lynch is not playing instead of Jeka or DGB,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far from our best performance. But shows the two things I feel we need. Our foot speed and contested game just isn’t at the level it needs to be.

We absolutely struggle against quick teams. The best way to beat that is win the ball at the contest.
I think we also need a couple of kids that can apply pressure the way Kossie Pickett / Maurice Rioli do

One day in the future I really hope we find some friends for Nuke. And have something resembling a midfield, and we will all rejoice!

We need to find him explosive friends, with leg speed and the nous to not get drawn into the contest the 3rd, 4th and 5th time their opponent runs off them the other way to receive and set up another goal.

We have the future A-grade solid citizens in Newcombe and Ward, we need the inside/outside players with wheels now.

He’s not the complete package. A lot to work on but i’ll still maintain there’s a lot to work with.
Classic forward trying to be used as a defender. When he has the ball in hand, it’s often pretty good. However he doesn’t have the defensive mindset to simply stop an opponent.

Problem is Scrimshaw and to a lesser extent Sicily play the same way.

Midfield has been woeful
Our defenders have been bombarded

All inexperienced from Blanc DGB & Jeka against seasonsed experienced Tigers.

Why the decision to play Sicily in the middle was mind boggling.

Am I the only one who wants Titch out come years end?

Should of left blanck on lynch and not been reactionary - he was defending well just loosing out with positioning and the team as a whole.

He will be our best stopper next year but would like to see him work on his aggression, you can see he reads the game really well, and does the team things really well, another just get him to 50 games

We really miss CJ today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back