Preview Round 22 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs GWS Giants, 1.45pm AEST Sat 10th August, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Harvey Thomas who will become our most capped rookie this weekend, surpassing Devon Smith’s 20 games in 2012.

Another 2 after this to become our most capped first year Giant

Briggs is a big out, but on the plus side it gives us a good look at what Keeffe can do, and he might be a good option for the rest of the year with Riccardi injured.
Keeffe's a big guy who's played in some big games for us. Five finals, for three wins and two losses, and we were far from disgraced in those losses.

If we lose, it won't be his fault.

Keeffe's a big guy who's played in some big games for us. Five finals, for three wins and two losses, and we were far from disgraced in those losses.

If we lose, it won't be his fault.
He just needs to body big O and make him earn it
This years new ruck rules should help him as the bigger man

What the hell is going on with Brown?
I’m a big fan of Brown and have been pondering this for a while.
He clearly started this year playing more aggressively. I thought this might have been in response to the effort in the preliminary final last year where he gave the much smaller Markov an easy win in a contest that lead to a Pies goal. It would have tortured him all off-season.
To then have the freak incident against McCartin and the resulting suspension, scrutiny and criticism seems to have rocked him. Hope he can bounce back.

This is a quasi-Prelim.

IMO the winner this weekend will win the ‘24 Flag.

If this match is close at 3QT, we will win.

Here come the Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gruzewski holding his place is the biggest surprise.
Maybe he was promised a block of games to show a bit of faith.

This is either a catastrophic selection mistake or complete genius.

It definitely won’t be ‘average’.

Happy to give Kingers the benefit of the doubt, but a huge selection call.

So X as sub appears most likely.

Of the emergencies, IMO Haynes the only possibility to be a late inclusion.

I’ll cheekily note that HH and Gru are both listed on the bench.

So if Kingers wants to pull a crazy late change its Gru out, Haynes in and HH forward(!!).

Got to say I do struggle to be enthusiastic about playing both Cadman and Gru.

Brown’s MIA and the club’s silence a really curious one. Makes me suspect there may be a personal issue not disclosed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if Brown has ever had 'beating down the door' VFL form, at some stage you just have to roll the dice and play him. The selection policy this year has been to reward form, I don't know if it's right at this time of year, it's now or never for him. Hopefully he plays a blinder this week. His best is easily worth a spot in our best side.

If you like a punt then $3.63 is very juicy odds for us this weekend.

2nd v 4th and we are both on reasonable winning streaks. Cogs and Kelly back more than offsets the loss of Briggs.
Absolutely no-one rates us a chance to win.

Good. The pressure will be on Brisbane not to drop a game at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back