Autopsy Round 22 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs GWS Giants, 1.45pm AEST Sat 10th August, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the replay of the last quarter and I have a question.
With the umpire in seemingly perfect position, why was this called play on?

View attachment 2074418

Just think how far ahead in the Coleman Jesse would be if his name was spelled “Charlie Curnow”
Ump was too busy watching and waiting to blow the whistle against Toby.

I don't think so.

I can't see a downside of playing Keefe again, and dropping Gruz.

Yes, good goal... but otherwise, second game without a sniff.
They highlighted how much time he spent on blocking and creating space for Hogan.
It seems he is being asked to perform a thankless role, but he is doing it.
Cadman was doing it when Riccardi was in.

The Buckley/Taylor/Idun combination looked to have their mojo back again.
Buckley is our most underrated player (taking over from Binga who is finally getting his flowers) he is a star.
Outrageous take coming in my thread.

You really cannot say it enough!

(He really should be getting more consideration for this year's rising star, but I haven't even heard his name mentioned.)
Probably not quite enough games.
He is going to be a star though!

Said it here last week l think. Take him over the " Wizard " anyday.
I suspect Wizard ends up a very good player as well.
I'm happy with Jones and not looking to swap!

Today has set you up Goose. Now's the time 👍 Be alot of Vic.people rooting for you. You've lucked out a coupla times.
We are obviously in it up too our eyeballs this year.
But our young blokes are really starting to show plenty, could be a good sustained period of success.
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, easy to do after a win like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, a big shout out to the club for arranging the "Watch Party" at the Guildford Hotel.

In the middle of NRL heartland, there were more than 50 Giants supporters in attendance - we owned the place - and the roar for each goal and big victory raised the roof.

If you're in Sydney, make sure you go to one of these Watch Parties, they're brilliant!

Hey, a big shout out to the club for arranging the "Watch Party" at the Guildford Hotel.

In the middle of NRL heartland, there were more than 50 Giants supporters in attendance - we owned the place - and the roar for each goal and big victory raised the roof.

If you're in Sydney, make sure you go to one of these Watch Parties, they're brilliant!
The roar in the last quarter has a special place in my memory. .

Great venue, plenty of space with a good vibe, good pricing and great food. I think it out does Parramatta as my favourite of the year..

Second that about attending a watch party. Such fun.

The roar in the last quarter has a special place in my memory. .

Great venue, plenty of space with a good vibe, good pricing and great food. I think it out does Parramatta as my favourite of the year..

Second that about attending a watch party. Such fun.
I even heard the Orange Tsunami warning at 3/4 time. :D

Great atmosphere all round.

I even heard the Orange Tsunami warning at 3/4 time. :D

I thought I heard it!!! Thought I was imagining things.

Great atmosphere all round.

Totally agree.

4 of us arrived by train from different locations so was handy being so close to the train station.

Had a mate up from Melbourne that I invited. Mate caught the train to the city to head back to Melbourne after the game so location was very handy. Seemed to thoroughly enjoy the event.

Hopefully the last watch party for the season for the Bulldogs game is somewhere in Western Sydney, in an equally large venue close to the station. Should be a cracker watch event :D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs GWS Giants, 1.45pm AEST Sat 10th August, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back