Review Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

That was an ugly win, a lot of players had a down game. Melbourne brought the heat, so a good look at a finals intensity type game.
Forward line was crap, needed to find a different option rather than kick it to Gawn. Forwards seemed lazy.
Boak was good, good to see Rozee, Butters and JFH stand up in the last.
How good is JFH.
Nice work by the umpires, some pretty ordinary decisions, disgraceful the number of frees for Gawn

I’ve never been a Marshall fan but all port supporters should be sending there best wishes to Todd.
Its terrible he has been concussed again and pray for his recovery.

Sadly I believe it might be best for Todd to give AFL away as he’s only young and has his whole life ahead of him.

Happy about the win tonight but Todd’s concussion has put a damper on things for me.
Yeah I really wanted Todd to succeed, but our forward line seems to lose a lot of potency with him there, compared to having Georgiades up there. But good luck to him - I hope he fully recovers.

Narkle's clutch play in the last quarter was telling. Takes a strong mark in the pocket up against Lever. His kick, under lots of pressure, went straight through the middle. And to top things off he gave Lever some lip. What a way to put your stamp on the game

Was pretty clear Melbourne spoke to the umpires pre game and told them to watch for free kicks to Gawn and they happily obliged. It's a bit of a pissant comp like that.
We literally couldn't even lay a finger on him.

Just watching the last 2 minutes over, and that free kick paid against Mead when Langdon is trying to tunnel underground with his head just highlights how bad it was all night. Diabolical one-sided umpiring.

And lol Sweet entering a marking contest with his hands straight up so Gawn didn't get another bullshit free for being near the ball.

Narkle's clutch play in the last quarter was telling. Takes a strong mark in the pocket up against Lever. His kick, under lots of pressure, went straight through the middle. And to top things off he gave Lever some lip. What a way to put your stamp on the game
His score review moment was great under pressure as well. Too bad it amounted to nothing, but great effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ump 29 was the match fixer
This competition is so corrupt
Demetriou walks into a job with crown where he covers himself in shame
Gill walks into a job in the gambling industry too
New ceo is putting his case to the gambling industry b4 he even quits
My belief is the afl have a group of dirty umpires to do their dirty work on game day
And 29 was the fixer
Good work no 29 you cheating low life cheating filthy scum
Do umpires have to take an oath?
Real statement game from the afl
Watched the game with a couple of crows supporters and they were actually laughing all game at 29
Watched him close and the little cheating rat was on fire
I mean the afl doesn’t even try to hide their match fixing now

Yeah I really wanted Todd to succeed, but our forward line seems to lose a lot of potency with him there, compared to having Georgiades up there. But good luck to him - I hope he fully recovers.

Todd was our most dangerous tall forward in the first quarter, then he was concussed. He was working ideally between the two big guys. He copped a lot of crap when he wasn't even on the ground.

Some of the pile-ons here are absurd.

But yes, I hope he's fine and he has to think about his health.

Marshall barely got touched in that contest. Very concerning to be concussed from that. I think he needs to consider his future.
yeah, I’m in the ‘conspiracy’ part of my turgid relationship with Marshall.

I get we need to be careful about head knocks, but I reckon he’s a lot more ‘careful about himself’ than most players are, or what is realistic for a footballer.

That’s his choice, but we should be looking at moving him on .

One note on the umpiring. We were made to earn our free kicks, where as Melbourne got soft ones. Blokes like JHF and Bergman getting absolutely crunched before getting frees. Melbourne were dirty dogs and the umpires simply ignored it. Shove it up your ar$e you demonic devil worshipers.

One note on the umpiring. We were made to earn our free kicks, where as Melbourne got soft ones. Blokes like JHF and Bergman getting absolutely crunched before getting frees. Melbourne were dirty dogs and the umpires simply ignored it. Shove it up your ar$e you demonic devil worshipers.
Two key moments in the last ten minutes were a tackle of ours in the centre square that didn’t get paid HTB when it was the most obvious one all game, and a clear two grab mark to Esava that was also blatant. Then you’ve got the ticky touchwood free kicks to Gawn including the one he received in the ruck contest with 2-3 minutes to go and the free against Mead which was soft to say the least. It was an atrocious umpiring display to say the least.

There was a moment in the last quarter where Gawn fall to his knees after a ruck contest and had his arms out appealing for something but the umpire let it go and we streamed away towards goal.

We joked that the umpire was probably thinking, "Come on mate, we can't give you a free EVERY time."

His score review moment was great under pressure as well. Too bad it amounted to nothing, but great effort.

Showed great presence of mind to gather and look for a pass inwards after a couple of dodge'n'weaves.

Not sure how that got to a score review either. What if the play continued and Melbourne got possession?
Would they halt the play and do the review then?

Felt a bit opportunistic because we had taken a mark so they had the time to do it.

Two key moments in the last ten minutes were a tackle of ours in the centre square that didn’t get paid HTB when it was the most obvious one all game
Was it the Rozee tackle on Pickett? Pickett just let the ball roll out on to the ground with one arm pinned right in front of the umpire. Play on!!!

Two key moments in the last ten minutes were a tackle of ours in the centre square that didn’t get paid HTB when it was the most obvious one all game, and a clear two grab mark to Esava that was also blatant. Then you’ve got the ticky touchwood free kicks to Gawn including the one he received in the ruck contest with 2-3 minutes to go and the free against Mead which was soft to say the least. It was an atrocious umpiring display to say the least.

That bloody 50 paid when the Melbourne player had moved so far off his line that he was in another postcode.

Ho ho ho went the commentators, he tricked the Port player by faking a move. No, he had played on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back