Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

4 changes.

Happy with that. We all knew Treacy was going to be out as soon as he did the injury on Sunday.

Geelong have no talls other the Cameron, Stanley and Blicavs.

No De Koning means Blicavs goes in there.

Backing Voss v Kolodahniji. It’s up to Jackson and Amiss to get throw forward line up there

Neale isn't short!

Happy enough. I like the no direct replacement for Emmett / extra mid approach.

Midfield looks strong. Backs and offence looks skinny.
Definitely a ways away from our b22. Good chance for the team to show some, um, gumption or something

Voss really needs to step up and he'll have the opportunity without Treacy there.

I noticed in Voss's last game his back leg really collapses when he's shooting at goal. I don't know if he always does this or if he's got into a bad habit. But his shots for goal were awful.

Voss really needs to step up and he'll have the opportunity without Treacy there.

I noticed in Voss's last game his back leg really collapses when he's shooting at goal. I don't know if he always does this or if he's got into a bad habit. But his shots for goal were awful.
Hardly fair for him to have to step up.
He ll kick 1 or 2. It’s up to the forward line to contribute evenly.
It’s Jackson that has to step up. Can’t go hiding behind Treacy and Amiss last week.

Taberner has the better form in the WAFL right now but unless we're giving him a token send off game we should absolutely be pumping games into Voss where we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Darcy is playing. I thought Reidy was close to selection if Darcy wasn't right. Obviously Darcy must be ok because Reidy isn't even an emergency.

Don’t mind that we can bring in Voss for Treacy, but darks sake have we learnt nothing about team selection and balance. Why bring in Worner when we have a surplus of running backs and no small forward finishers. Give Simpson a go rather than Worner FFS.

Worner would make more sense as a starter than a sub tbh: he's comfortably got Wagner covered defensively, though Wagner comfortably has him covered going forward. Worner starting with Wagner coming on against tired legs would be effective.

We probably won't go in that direction though, in which case it's a bit weird. Most charitable framing I could think of is "players can prove more about themselves with full game WAFL than being sub, and some of the higher-impact options can prove more about themselves than Worner, who we basically already know what he is."

Worner would make more sense as a starter than a sub tbh: he's comfortably got Wagner covered defensively, though Wagner comfortably has him covered going forward. Worner starting with Wagner coming on against tired legs would be effective.

We probably won't go in that direction though, in which case it's a bit weird. Most charitable framing I could think of is "players can prove more about themselves with full game WAFL than being sub, and some of the higher-impact options can prove more about themselves than Worner, who we basically already know what he is."

Not sure we’ve really noticed Wagner’s lack of defensive ability tbh.

I’m convinced Worner is just warming the seat so we can ease Walters back in as the sub next week or the week after. Aish has probably played one game of time over three weeks and hasn’t looked great doing it - I think he’ll be back again this year.

Would’ve been nice to give NOD a taste so that if he’s needed during finals (which basically starts now for us) it’s not his first AFL game in like 18 months. Reckon he’s first in if anything happens to JOM (probably) or Sharp (almost definitely) tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back