Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer has a history of ripping games apart - 'twas always a possibility. He is hot and cold, but when he's hot he's amazing.
Players like him normally dine out on us only. He hasn't even got a contract offer for next year has he as his form has been so average.

Emmett done for a week so maybe Ras gets a reprieve. Or maybe Simpson gets a chance.
I don't think though, that Ras will keep his spot.
Longmuir was pretty ruthless in his "Get Erasmus off" decision to get him from the ground.

Emmett done for a week so maybe Ras gets a reprieve. Or maybe Simpson gets a chance.
I don't think though, that Ras will keep his spot.
Longmuir was pretty ruthless in his "Get Erasmus off" decision to get him from the ground.
Reckon Fyfe and Johnson come back for Emmett and Aish and we go back to rotating mids through the forwardline more. Ras will be sub.

I would like to see moving fwd

1. If Darcy is out, they play Reidy. Although, now it's quite risky at the pointy end of the season and every game crucial to play an unknown quantity even though it makes sense. Should of played him in earlier games to see what it was like

2. If Walters is out, rather just include extra mid and rotate them fwd, rather than bringing in Emmett. Seemed to work well previously

I'll pay that, but he has shown so much already that it does become frustrating. You don't need to be 28 to grab a mark cleanly nor do you need experience to run under the ball and mistime jumps. He has all of it in him, but there's no question he's playing well below his own standards. Surely, we agree with that?
The marking is frustrating no doubt, but contested marks are actually fairly rare. 2 contested marks a game is considered elite, Jackson currently averages 0.9. He gets his hands to so many though that once they start sticking he will be a monster.

Look at the leap Treacy made this season with his marking. Big men just take longer. Particularly the 200cm guys like Jackson.

I dont think hes actually set particularly high standards since hes been here, apart from a few full time ruck games. 2 quality goals as well as setting a few up is decent imo. If he gave us 44 goals a season while backing up the ruck it would be a successful year for a 22 year old.

The marking is frustrating no doubt, but contested marks are actually fairly rare. 2 contested marks a game is considered elite, Jackson currently averages 0.9. He gets his hands to so many though that once they start sticking he will be a monster.

Look at the leap Treacy made this season with his marking. Big men just take longer. Particularly the 200cm guys like Jackson.

I dont think hes actually set particularly high standards since hes been here, apart from a few full time ruck games. 2 quality goals as well as setting a few up is decent imo. If he gave us 44 goals a season while backing up the ruck it would be a successful year for a 22 year old.

I need to keep telling myself to be patient. I genuinely believe this is the group and I’m genuinely thinking more than one flag. What we have is ridiculously good.

I can’t even imagine what we’d be like if our tall spine all click at the same time. Every one of them are capable of AA selection at their best.

Pearce, Cox, Darcy, Jackson, Amiss, Treacy! That’s an insane group of 6.

I seriously thought we are capable this year and gave them a pass against Hawks away as Hawks are travelling as good as anyone BUT yesterday really got me.

We were second rate. Then we still nearly won when so far below our best and just blew it through a definite lack of leadership.

We can’t win a final away if the heat is turned up based on exposed form.

Yet, we still have the chance to do something crazy and just win 6 in a row and take the flag. It’s not impossible. It’s unlikely, but have we another gear?

I need to keep telling myself to be patient. I genuinely believe this is the group and I’m genuinely thinking more than one flag. What we have is ridiculously good.

I can’t even imagine what we’d be like if our tall spine all click at the same time. Every one of them are capable of AA selection at their best.

Pearce, Cox, Darcy, Jackson, Amiss, Treacy! That’s an insane group of 6.

I seriously thought we are capable this year and gave them a pass against Hawks away as Hawks are travelling as good as anyone BUT yesterday really got me.

We were second rate. Then we still nearly won when so far below our best and just blew it through a definite lack of leadership.

Yet, we still have the chance to do something crazy and just win 6 in a row and take the flag. It’s not impossible. It’s unlikely, but have we another gear?

The other gear is when Pearce gets back. Our best player, our captain, and our most important player.

I have a lot of faith in this fremantle team when we have Pearce, Cox and Ryan together. I'm really suprised how well we have done this season with out having them together.

With the team we turned out yesterday , probably you are right.But add Fyfe and Pearce especially, and Walter, we get the job done easily.
With the first two mentioned, they do not get the freedom they did.Fyfe blocks and stops the run after the first goal.Pearce does not allow them to have the freedom up forward that they got.Mostly a small inexperienced back line aided by Pearce stops all that.

The other gear is when Pearce gets back. Our best player, our captain, and our most important player.

I have a lot of faith in this fremantle team when we have Pearce, Cox and Ryan together. I'm really suprised how well we have done this season with out having them together.

It’s not necessarily about just having them in the team, it’s about having them playing to their ability. Cox is clearly miles behind his best. Great he’s on the ground, but he’s not the Cox we know.

Jackson and Darcy playing hampered, it seems. Treacy and Amiss just super young.

God forbid a first/second year player doesn't explode onto the scene at AFL level. He was definitely helped in his first two games by the players around him. If he was able to develop alongside Schultz this year he would've been a lot better. But also he showed plenty of games like that at WAFL level before his debut, only difference being he kicked straighter at AFL level.

Crazy how you were willing to give Sturt so many chances because he played a good debut game, despite him being very average at WAFL level and then doing little when he came into the team. But you write off Emmett despite him having a lot less time in the system and playing a toughter position.

He hasn't even been on the list for two years yet and he's played 15 games. Why are you so eager to write him off so early. Older and worse players have had massive turnarounds in form.
Sturt is a 'natural' footballer with good skills, Emmett doesn't have that. Sturt has good pace also.

Agree with that. In the games he played between 2017-2020, Tabs was often in the top 1-5 in the comp for contested marks and he averaged 2.48 contested marks a game over those 4 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Aish, Emmett, Erasmus
In: Fyfe, Johnson, Davis

I think now would be the time to pull the trigger on the Chapman to the wing experiment. Late last year the move of Young to the midfield gave us a spark late in the year and replicating that would be what we need to push us into finals with some momentum. Give Draper Chappy's role as a third tall and bring in Davis to play full back until Pearce is ready.

B: Ryan - Davis - Walker
HB: Clark - Cox - Draper

C: Sharp - Serong - Chapman
Fol: Darcy - Young - Brayshaw

HF: Banfield - Treacy - Sturt
F: Fredrick - Amiss - Jackson

Int: Fyfe - Johnson - Switkowski - Wagner
Sub: O'Meara

Both Sturt and Emmett are out of contract and only one of them I'm worried about being offered a contract elsewhere, that shows the difference between the two, to me anyway.

Whilst I agree with you I’d happily keep both.

Let’s remember it’s Emmett’s second year. He’s had some good games and some games where he hasn’t offered much at all. That isn’t too unusual- we just need better right now.

Both Sturt and Emmett are out of contract and only one of them I'm worried about being offered a contract elsewhere, that shows the difference between the two, to me anyway.
It's also 6 years in the system vs 2. No one is trying to say Emmett is even close to Sturt. Just that it makes no sense to write off players after 18 months because they're not naturally flashy or classy.

Yet all the replies arguing why they gave Sturt so much time is because he was classy. Which does nothing to refute what I'm saying. I swear it's the same people saying that Schultz was right to be pissed off for being rookied that are saying we should delist Emmett after 15 games, despite their starts being almost identical.

NOD deservers a go. I'd want him in over Aish.
It is weird that immediately after saying that you want the sub to be someone who can impact the game preferably in the front half (speaking to the media pre-Melbourne game), we've gone 3 weeks with Aish sub now. Doesn't help us offensively and hasn't really helped us shut up shop either.

It is weird that immediately after saying that you want the sub to be someone who can impact the game preferably in the front half (speaking to the media pre-Melbourne game), we've gone 3 weeks with Aish sub now. Doesn't help us offensively and hasn't really helped us shut up shop either.
I am a fan but Aish needs a full game of WAFL.

He needs a decent hit out now.

Out: Aish, Emmett, Erasmus
In: Fyfe, Johnson, Davis

I think now would be the time to pull the trigger on the Chapman to the wing experiment. Late last year the move of Young to the midfield gave us a spark late in the year and replicating that would be what we need to push us into finals with some momentum. Give Draper Chappy's role as a third tall and bring in Davis to play full back until Pearce is ready.

B: Ryan - Davis - Walker
HB: Clark - Cox - Draper

C: Sharp - Serong - Chapman
Fol: Darcy - Young - Brayshaw

HF: Banfield - Treacy - Sturt
F: Fredrick - Amiss - Jackson

Int: Fyfe - Johnson - Switkowski - Wagner
Sub: O'Meara
We are not going to win this flag this year doing the same thing we are doing now. We might make finals and we might win one but we need a spark now. If we want to snatch one, before our time, we have to take a chance, be bold, dare to win and not be afraid of losing. Who knows if the Chappie to wing thing would work? Just because hes tall, a good mark, agile, super attacking and normally a good kick doesnt mean it would work but then again..... what if it did.

Try Jacko to centre half back whilst we are at it. Or play him as a midfielder as a direct match up on Blicavs.

I think if JLo pulled either of those stunts it might just rub off on the players and have them play with freedom. Because make no mistake, we choked on the weekend, under the weight of expectation and the pressure of the moment.

I would like to see moving fwd

1. If Darcy is out, they play Reidy. Although, now it's quite risky at the pointy end of the season and every game crucial to play an unknown quantity even though it makes sense. Should of played him in earlier games to see what it was like

2. If Walters is out, rather just include extra mid and rotate them fwd, rather than bringing in Emmett. Seemed to work well previously
I feel any major change is too risky at this point. I know Voss had a bad game at Peel, but is more experienced?

Think Aish has to start or go to the WAFL (which I don't think has ever happened before) and get a full game because he's been sub 3 weeks in a row.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back