Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Aish, Emmett, Erasmus
In: Fyfe, Johnson, Davis

I think now would be the time to pull the trigger on the Chapman to the wing experiment. Late last year the move of Young to the midfield gave us a spark late in the year and replicating that would be what we need to push us into finals with some momentum. Give Draper Chappy's role as a third tall and bring in Davis to play full back until Pearce is ready.

B: Ryan - Davis - Walker
HB: Clark - Cox - Draper

C: Sharp - Serong - Chapman
Fol: Darcy - Young - Brayshaw

HF: Banfield - Treacy - Sturt
F: Fredrick - Amiss - Jackson

Int: Fyfe - Johnson - Switkowski - Wagner
Sub: O'Meara
What Chapman on the wing experiment. Where does this dumb idea come from. Has Longmuir said it?

Right now, i would much rather have Hughes get caught HOTB once a game and slam it on his boot when he gets the ball then see Chapman turn it over 3-4 times a game trying to do too much.

Not too mentioned, Hughes at the present time is a more capable defensive option.

Think even 3-4 is an exaggeration. What did he clanger against Essendon. I read someone say he shouldn't have kicked that ball towards Freddy i.e. the goal assist, (the one where Jackson protected Freddy in the marking contest) because there were other options in our forward 50m.

I saw him early in the game try to sidestep this-away, that-away and only end up confusing himself but it was hardly a clanger. Just trying to be creative.

Is Chapman getting blamed for that handball Clark sent his way in the last 5 minutes?

We were stretched with match ups in our D50 and most of the defenders did quite well but often they were outsized. We had Cox, Draper, Chapman, Ryan covering Caddy, Stringer, Langford, Jones and their 2nd ruck Draper/Bryan for most of the game. At times Walker was coming over the top of contests with a spoil to help out. They had good supply because their mids were winning clearances.

Last edited:
Think even 3-4 is an exaggeration. What did he clanger against Essendon. I read someone say he shouldn't have kicked that ball towards Freddy i.e. the goal assist, (the one where Jackson protected Freddy in the marking contest) because there were other options in our forward 50m.

I saw him early in the game try to sidestep this-away, that-away and only end up confusing himself but it was hardly a clanger. Just trying to be creative.

Is Chapman getting blamed for that handball Clark sent his way in the last 5 minutes?

We were stretched with match ups in our D50 and most of the defenders did quite well but often they were outsized. We had Cox, Draper, Chapman, Ryan covering Caddy, Stringer, Langford, Jones and their 2nd ruck Draper/Bryan for most of the game. At times Walker was coming over the top of contests with a spoil to help out. They had good supply because their mids were winning clearances.
I would hate to see Chappy dropped

Chapman needs a spell in the 2's. At his best I love him, but he has too many coach killer moments. Although I think we need him for matchups, especially this week vs the cats, perfect Henry matchup
Yeah he’s really struggling at the moment isn’t he.

Depending on matchups we might be able to bring Aish in to the 22 and give him a spell? We might even be considering Hughes in as a lock down defender - we’ve got 3 smallish rebounding defenders so we don’t need chaps for that.

Other than that: Emmett and Ras out of the 22 for Johnson and Fyfe.

Emmett done for a week so maybe Ras gets a reprieve. Or maybe Simpson gets a chance.
I don't think though, that Ras will keep his spot.
Longmuir was pretty ruthless in his "Get Erasmus off" decision to get him from the ground.
I know Ras came off - which I thought was the right decision - how could you tell he was ruthless in making that decision?

Dropped uncontested marks inside d50 that lead to an Essendon score (can't remember if goal or behind, both bad). Also let his oppo take a mark on the wing so many times during the game. Could not win or half an aerial contest at all.

Will never play Reidy. Never.
Jackson was garbage up forward. Didn’t get many centre bounces.

I think that’s true. They take Reidy along because they want Knobel to play WAFL seniors. The latter is putting up better games than Reidy already. I think Reidy gets delisted season end and we give Knobel 2-3 year contract. I think they’ll feel a lot more comfortable with Knobel contending the ruck than Reidy next year.

Ah never change BigFooty.

Hughes was once our greatest whipping boy. He should never play AFL again.

Then Walker was never going to be AFL standard.

Now Chapman is a dud & we clamoring for the return of Hughes.

And we want everyone to play on as fast as possible & attack at every opportunity but if they make a mistake doing so, delist them.

It's also 6 years in the system vs 2. No one is trying to say Emmett is even close to Sturt. Just that it makes no sense to write off players after 18 months because they're not naturally flashy or classy.

Yet all the replies arguing why they gave Sturt so much time is because he was classy. Which does nothing to refute what I'm saying. I swear it's the same people saying that Schultz was right to be pissed off for being rookied that are saying we should delist Emmett after 15 games, despite their starts being almost identical.

Draft position matters, fair chance Sturt would have been de-listed if he was pick 70.

Tough decisions need to be made unfortunately. Some people have made a case for Hughes coming in for Chapman on form so the only obvious de-list is Taberner. If we go to the draft with our picks we need to de-list 4 or 5 players.

Draft position matters, fair chance Sturt would have been de-listed if he was pick 70.

Tough decisions need to be made unfortunately. Some people have made a case for Hughes coming in for Chapman on form so the only obvious de-list is Taberner. If we go to the draft with our picks we need to de-list 4 or 5 players.
Hughes is getting delisted, regardless of people on here never wanting to delist anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind the idea of Chapman to a wing but I don’t think we should do it whilst our season is very much alive. I would also be bringing in Worner to play in defence when Chappy moves up as opposed to Hughes.

I don’t however see any reason why we would put Jackson in the backline. I see no real upside and plenty of downside.

I seriously don't get the Chappy chatter.

He is perfectly positioned genetically to be a rebounding and attacking third tall defender.

Forget the wing, forget the midfield (for now at least, but personally I don't see it) and forget Peel.

He's the perfect player to develop to play on and exploit those pesky, difficult to defend medium forwards...think Fritsch, Greene, Elliot, Breust etc.

Over the next 18 months, his challenge is to stay fit, get stronger and better understand the pace of the game, and in turn, his decision making.

When that happens, this thread will be bumped...be careful.

They couldn’t get their hands on the ball. We were doing that, but then they just piled on 4 goals directly out of the middle.
They had their hands on the ball plenty of times, and played on at all cost.

At any point they could have taken the heat out of the contest, especially when Treacy was off. The amount of back and forth turnover was ridiculous, would have saved some energy for the last few minutes as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back