Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

100%... Fully expected late out. It was same thing happened with McKay Carlton and Libber. Obviously punch drunk but stayed on. Except in latter cases they were mysterious last minute outs with "illness". Hope he is okay.
That's my take also. Darcy came off the field near us in the Derby and looked decidedly woozy. Hopefully his status is more clear-cut this week and yes, hope he's okay.

Fyfe vs danger mkII
That still for me the best game of footy of two players at their peak going head to head. Adelaide’s coach in the presser saying something like he could have tagged Fyfe but he let it go and allowed them to play against each other for the enjoyment of the fans and himself.

Chappy was looking the same as he is now before he got injured last year , just rattled and getting stepped way too easy , not reading the ball well at all in flight , dropping easy marks , whiffing spoils

I remember a young QB trying to explain a bad performance one day and he said “ I don’t really know how to explain it but it was like I was seeing ghosts out there and I didn’t feel I could trust my instincts “

I dunno but Chappy is looking bad and its been a little bit worse each game kind of regression for the last 6 weeks

Return of the NOD for mine or give Worner another go

Maybe Chappo as the sub and bring him on as a bit of a wildcard

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reports in the injury thread, Treacy is out :(

Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Chappy was looking the same as he is now before he got injured last year , just rattled and getting stepped way too easy , not reading the ball well at all in flight , dropping easy marks , whiffing spoils

I remember a young QB trying to explain a bad performance one day and he said “ I don’t really know how to explain it but it was like I was seeing ghosts out there and I didn’t feel I could trust my instincts “

I dunno but Chappy is looking bad and its been a little bit worse each game kind of regression for the last 6 weeks

Return of the NOD for mine or give Worner another go

Maybe Chappo as the sub and bring him on as a bit of a wildcard

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have a tendency to remember bad stuff much more vividly than the good stuff. No doubt Chapman could improve disposals and decision making, but he's had a lot of time out of the game lately. What we can hope for is him being in a process of building peak form over the coming weeks.

His good, even over the past month or so, is spectacular.

I think we are missing our two most important players for the rest of the season in Pearce and Treacy and possibly our third most important in Darcy for at least this week.

IF Carlton can knock off Hawks this week, we likely need just one win from three to make finals (cant see Pies and Bombers winning out). Could be a brutal end to the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are missing our two most important players for the rest of the season in Pearce and Treacy and possibly our third most important in Darcy for at least this week.

IF Carlton can knock off Hawks this week, we likely need just one win from three to make finals (cant see Pies and Bombers winning out). Could be a brutal end to the year
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

I know it’ll never happen but if Treacy out play young fwd and bring in Brodie would love to see it

I know its tough at this time of year to keep Cyclone out but we have to learn from brining Alex back too quickly and how playing players well below 100% risks them getting injured in the game and also it that happens we might have to rule Josh out for the rest of the year.

I'd go Voss, Johnson, Fyfe all in.

Out: Cyclone, Emmett and Aish out. Erasmus to be sub.
I still actually rate Aish but I think he needs to get some touch back playing a full game for Peel.

Rest the Cyclone .... we need him for many years hence. Not to mention it would be great to get Voss in to bash and crash and really stake a claim. Pressure, as they say, makes diamonds. LFG.
Agree with proceeding with all due caution for Treacy. And with getting more experience for Voss at the level.

The only thing is Voss seems to have a pretty wonky kicking technique with his set shots and I'd love to see him being developed into a swingman of sorts (would've been good to have someone with his physical presence on Stringer last week for example).

If he could do that, Voss would fit well into the picture of a sub that is dynamic, powerful and flexible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back