Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

But the injury management is about a zillion times better than it was under Ross and Weber.

It absolutely is, but that almost makes it more frustrating that they aren't just more forthright with what's going on. It's not like the heat is going to come on to anyone for bad injury management, and I don't really buy the smoke and mirrors for the opposition reason. Anyway, it's a minor gripe, but it somewhat takes some of the shine off from how well run and professional the club is in so many other aspects

If it helps, he wouldn't get dropped because I'm pretty positive Treacy isn't playing next week and probably the week after as well =(
It looked like a possible posterior cruciate with the way he injured it.

However they wouldn't have put him back on if that was the case would they?

It looked like a possible posterior cruciate with the way he injured it.

However they wouldn't have put him back on if that was the case would they?
I think there's bruising in and around the knee with no tear. Fee weeks off to heal and good to go hopefully

I think there's bruising in and around the knee with no tear. Fee weeks off to heal and good to go hopefully
It was a front on knock to the dude’s hip. Painful and probably swollen etc but shouldn’t be too long term.

It absolutely is, but that almost makes it more frustrating that they aren't just more forthright with what's going on. It's not like the heat is going to come on to anyone for bad injury management, and I don't really buy the smoke and mirrors for the opposition reason. Anyway, it's a minor gripe, but it somewhat takes some of the shine off from how well run and professional the club is in so many other aspects

100%

The other clubs are well aware whats going on as well. It's not like Treacy out was a shock to anyone, just be honest and say he's sore and we will hopefully have him back next week. There is no reason at all to keep it secret.

100%

The other clubs are well aware whats going on as well. It's not like Treacy out was a shock to anyone, just be honest and say he's sore and we will hopefully have him back next week. There is no reason at all to keep it secret.
It’s all part of the mind games Coaches like to play.

It’s all part of the mind games Coaches like to play.
Exactly, if it helps them win a game since the opposition put time into a player not playing then what is the harm? That and it is possible to not know on Monday if someone if going to play or not the following weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not what I’ve heard
tell me loki GIF

Exactly, if it helps them win a game since the opposition put time into a player not playing then what is the harm? That and it is possible to not know on Monday if someone if going to play or not the following weekend.

Except everyone knew he wasn't playing this week, if ITK posters on here know whats going on you don't think clubs do as well? Almost no secrets in the AFL.

I've been told be a person who knows a person in management it's bone bruising around the knee and not ligament damage.

He might play in the next few weeks

Shouldn’t play next week.
On the plane. Give him the two weeks and play the last round at home.

The forwards have to step up now.

I don’t think we win too many consecutive games without tbh but I do think we can win games without him, starting tomorrow.

Won’t win all three without him - wouldn’t place bets on which game we drop though.

I don’t think we win too many consecutive games without tbh but I do think we can win games without him, starting tomorrow.

Won’t win all three without him - wouldn’t place bets on which game we drop though.
Definitely has that Pavlich-Esque vibe about him.

Very similar to the North Melbourne away trip in 2012. He didn’t play, and the forwards that day got to work and solidify spot in the finals.
Feel like there’s good options this time around- Jackson and Amiss with Voss.

Very similar to the North Melbourne away trip in 2012. He didn’t play, and the forwards that day got to work and solidify spot in the finals.
That was the game when I started to believe.

There’s two big differences IMO:
1. Amiss is way better than anyone that was ever second fiddle to Pav. Also Jackson is also much better forward than most second rucks than played with Pav.
2. Our ball movement is better than just about any time during the era. We just just relied on Pav, Sandilands, McPharlin etc to win aerial contests back then - they didn’t win everything but didn’t lose many - a 50/50 meant Sandilands was contesting a ruck contest which he’d win most times.

There’s two big differences IMO:
1. Amiss is way better than anyone that was ever second fiddle to Pav. Also Jackson is also much better forward than most second rucks than played with Pav.
2. Our ball movement is better than just about any time during the era. We just just relied on Pav, Sandilands, McPharlin etc to win aerial contests back then - they didn’t win everything but didn’t lose many - a 50/50 meant Sandilands was contesting a ruck contest which he’d win most times.
Darcy must do that tomorrow. No excuses.

Amiss concerns me in that he hides behind Jackson and Treacy and doesn’t work hard for his own contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back