Preview Round 23 2024 - Good guys vs. Jesse's ex-girl, 1:45pm AEST Sat 17th August, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

does 1 team 4 quarters and another (NRL) any half of footy count?
I follow the Cowboys - at least I can tell pretty early on most weeks whether we're on or off. Hint: we're always off on defense.

Looking at the oppo a little bit - they have a lot of damaging players and a good number of role-players. Plus, one of the smartest tactical coaches that is willing to turn it into a grind.
It looms as a clash of styles.
According to Freo fans, pressure is their kryptonite …. They are feeling hopeful as our pressure is poor

According to Freo fans, pressure is their kryptonite …. They are feeling hopeful as our pressure is poor
Not sure how they are assessing that. Maybe someone has access to Champion Data numbers.
Our last month would be up and down depending on which quarter we decide to turn it on...
Overall, we are ranked 2nd for tackles, they are 15th.
We are 5th for contested possessions, they are 16th.

Yet they are 2nd for clearances and we are 11th.

I don't know about other Cowboys supporters, but that game is a big reason the Tigers sitting at the bottom of the table indefinitely is fine by me.

I still have nightmares about that flick pass.

I actually replied to that post asking why he thought pressure wasn’t what we were good at.
Personally think we only play well when our pressure is on, pretty much our game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all three make our top 23. It's probably Ward and Cumming fighting for that last wing/forward spot. Given Isaac's injury woes, playing sub might be the ideal solution (if he's fit in time for finals anyway).

In that scenario, Harvey Thomas would be the unlucky one to miss the 23.
Agreed - As good as Thomas has been I’d have Muff ahead of him at this point in that small forward role.

I think that he's just getting tired after a full year. Hasn't missed a game to date (1 as sub & 3 subbed off, though). Small in stature but big in heart, he's put in each and every week, but surely that takes a toll on him.
Yeah I love him, but the more I think about it, the more I reckon he'll be the sub against Freo. Assuming that Cogs comes in.

Who do we send Bedford to assuming he makes the midfield with Cogs coming in (might go back forward to replace XO?)

Probably send him to Young right? He seems the most damaging
You would think he & Serong are the main candidates ... with Young the more damaging, so him first.

The club’s game day guide. Seems in addition to a whole range of usual activities for the kids, there are a whole range of special member events, including a special member “Thanks Offer” at the merchandise store, giveaways, player meet and greets, and a post match function at the Vailo Centre.

PRE-MATCH
Arrive early and head to the Hordern Room where you’ll find GIANTS players signing autographs, plus a photographer to capture you in all your GIANTS gear!

Be sure to visit the merchandise store (located at Gate D) where there will be a special Member Thanks offer in addition to your usual membership merchandise discount.

HALF-TIME
Keep an eye on the big screen at half-time as we continue celebrating our members with a member fan cam where the winning bay will take home a whole heap of GIANTS giveaways!

Visit the Members Bar at half-time for a meet and greet with some GIANTS players, plus take advantage of the season-long discounts on food and drink in the Members Bar.

Plus, in the Members Bar you’ll find your exclusive opportunity to match GIANTS players to their goal songs, with the winner taking home an awesome prize. 

POST-MATCH
After the game enjoy Kick 2 Kick presented by McDonalds on the field of play, before taking a short walk down Olympic Boulevard to the VAILO Community Centre where we’ll have more fun, games, and giveaways to say thank you for your support, plus the opportunity for photos and autographs with the players!

Looks like Cogs is back!! :D

Briggs also :)

GREATER Western Sydney is set to be boosted by the return of star midfielder Stephen Coniglio and ruckman Kieren Briggs for Saturday's clash against Fremantle at Engie Stadium.

Coniglio hasn't played since re-injuring his shoulder against Richmond in round 18, after dislocating it against Geelong at the end of May.

The West Australian has been restricted to just 11 appearances in 2024 due to injury – he also missed three games following an ACL scare – and will require shoulder surgery at the completion of the season.

Coniglio established himself as one of the premier midfielders in the competition across the past two seasons, finishing second in the 2022 and 2023 Kevin Sheedy medals.

After returning to full contact training last week, the 30-year-old is ready to return ahead of another September run.

Briggs has been dealing with a shoulder issue this year and was managed for the trip to Queensland last weekend, with Lachie Keeffe replacing him at the Gabba.

The 24-year-old trained at the Vailo Community Centre on Tuesday and is expected to face Justin Longmuir's side in the Giants' final home game of 2024.

After playing only nine games across his first four seasons at the club, the Academy graduate has been a permanent fixture since early last year, featuring 37 times since being picked for the first time under Adam Kingsley in round 10 last year.

Coleman Medal leader Jesse Hogan and All-Australian half-back Lachie Whitfield trained away from the main group on Tuesday to manage their workloads. Both are expected to play against the Dockers.

Greater Western Sydney climbed to third on the ladder after winning a sixth straight game against Brisbane last weekend, ending the Lions' nine-game winning streak in the process.

The Giants will need to win at least one and potentially both games to finish the home and away season with the double chance.

Greater Western Sydney travels to Ballarat to face the Western Bulldogs at Mars Stadium in round 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back