Preview Round 23 2024 - Good guys vs. Jesse's ex-girl, 1:45pm AEST Sat 17th August, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, I am thinking:
  • Toby McMullin doesn't get up (with Cogs already returning, the extra week makes sense to ensure his groin is :handok:)
  • Cogs in for Connor Stone, who drops out (except *, see below)
  • Briggs in for either Lachie Keeffe or Gru, one of whom drops out
  • one of XOH or Harvey Thomas drops to sub (perhaps Harvey given he's been a bit quiet, and XOH is more forward)
  • * if Whitfield happens to drop out, then either Stone gets retained, or Joe Fonti comes back in
Any different thoughts?

So, I am thinking:
  • Toby McMullin doesn't get up (with Cogs already returning, the extra week makes sense to ensure his groin is :handok:)
  • Cogs in for Connor Stone, who drops out (except *, see below)
  • Briggs in for either Lachie Keeffe or Gru, one of whom drops out
  • one of XOH or Harvey Thomas drops to sub (perhaps Harvey given he's been a bit quiet, and XOH is more forward)
  • * if Whitfield happens to drop out, then either Stone gets retained, or Joe Fonti comes back in
Any different thoughts?
If McMullin has a groin injury, it will be 4-8 weeks. At least.

They were just saying on SEN that Freo are a big chance for the win this weekend when you go through the numbers.
They will be really smarting.
The same people gave us no chance against Brisbane, and we all know how that turned out.

They were just saying on SEN that Freo are a big chance for the win this weekend when you go through the numbers.
They will be really smarting.
I caught up on that discussion this morning. They did highlight issues that we all can see when things aren't going well. Those numbers all track when we concede clearances and inside 50s - then we rely on being accurate to get the win. I think that's true overall, but we are a tough team to quantify in pure stats. The same way that the coaches votes and Champion Data player game ratings don't often align.
I will take being number 1 in score accuracy and number 1 in pressure at this stage of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idun Taylor Whitfield
Ash Buckley Perryman
Ward Cogs Kelly
Greene Cadman Keeffe
Daniels Hogan Jones
Briggs Bedford Green

Peatling HH Callaghan Thomas

Sub: XOH
I'm switching Keeffe out and keeping Gruz.... especially given it doesn't look like Darcy will get up. I'm pushing McMullin into Thomas's spot and he gets Sub.
Either way great team.

I'm switching Keeffe out and keeping Gruz.... especially given it doesn't look like Darcy will get up. I'm pushing McMullin into Thomas's spot and he gets Sub.
Either way great team.
With Briggs not being 100% I reckon we need Keeffe there.
With Muff having groin problems, I reckon that is too much risk at this stage for a young player.

Jesse has a chance to build on his 4 goal lead in the Coleman - Curnow is injured and won’t be playing this weekend.

No one wants to see any players injured - either our boys or opposition.

However, in light of Curnow’s unavailability, I expect it must be a massive positive for our team that the Coleman won’t be lingering in the back of Hogan’s mind as he lines up for set shots in the final two rounds.

Hopefully this means we see Jesse continue to light it up with a clear mind and no distractions.

However, in light of Curnow’s unavailability, I expect it must be a massive positive for our team that the Coleman won’t be lingering in the back of Hogan’s mind as he lines up for set shots in the final two rounds.
It's also nice that Jesse took the lead in the Coleman race before Charlie got injured. It might have felt a little hollow overtaking him solely because of the injury.

It's also nice that Jesse took the lead in the Coleman race before Charlie got injured. It might have felt a little hollow overtaking him solely because of the injury.

Agreed.

Curnow has been awesome for multiple years, but there is a consensus across the comp - supported by the stats - that Hogan is the #1 KPF in 2024.

I don’t even want to consider what may have happened to us post-Jezza without this genius trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back