Preview Round 23 2024 - Good guys vs. Jesse's ex-girl, 1:45pm AEST Sat 17th August, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Curnow has been awesome for multiple years, but there is a consensus across the comp - supported by the stats - that Hogan is the #1 KPF in 2024.

I don’t even want to consider what may have happened to us post-Jezza without this genius trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Surely our best ever trade, especially given the enormous shoes he had to fill.

Cadman’s form has definitely improved since Riccardi went out of the team. I think getting up the ground and more involved has lifted his confidence and self-belief. Not saying it creates a selection headache yet, but it could be interesting when everyone is fit again.
Different job once Ricca left

Just looking at last year's game which isn't really relevant but noticed Toby had his usual 2023 game with 4 and 16.Starcevich was as good as it gets against him last weekend .Who plays on him Ryan?They need him as intercept defender yeah?..

They don't really have a suitable match up for him.Hopefully Toby's in for a big one..Cox isn't worst defender for Hogan.and they have some pace in the back half but love our mosquito fleet.If we break even or win against there mids( who are good)our backs have them covered but overall though as others have said if we bring our number 1 pressure game across the park
we win but if not there a chance .

Cogs is back!!!! :D :D

In - Toby McMullin, Kieren Briggs, Stephen Coniglio
Out - Harvey Thomas (Managed), Xavier O'Halloran (Omitted), Max Gruzewski (Omitted)

Backs - 7 Lachie Ash, 15 Sam Taylor, 39 Connor Idun
Half Backs - 6 Lachie Whitfield, 44 Jack Buckley, 36 Harry Perryman
Centre - 8 Callan Ward, 12 Tom Green, 17 Finn Callaghan
Half Forwards - 16 Brent Daniels, 5 Aaron Cadman, 31 Toby McMullin
Forwards - 2 Darcy Jones, 23 Jesse Hogan, 4 Toby Greene
Followers - 32 Kieren Briggs, 22 Josh Kelly, 3 Stephen Coniglio

Interchange- 14 Toby Bedford, 25 Lachlan Keeffe, 20 James Peatling, 27 Harry Himmelberg, 18 Conor Stone
Emergencies - 33 Xavier O'Halloran, 28 Harvey Thomas, 35 Max Gruzewski

So, the surprise is Stone holding his place. Probably sub again?

Harvey Thomas being given a rest is another surprise, though not really surprising in itself. That allows McMullin back without affecting the team structure.

Lachie Keeffe retains his place, probably a good thing to allow 2 v 2 ruckmen.
Teams getting a 2023 vibe about it

Harvey Thomas being given a rest is another surprise, though not really surprising in itself. That allows McMullin back without affecting the team structure.

I’d expect him to be sub. Reckon they really liked the look he gave us when he came on and they push Whitfield forward. I thought stone look good for his short stint on the park.

Although it’s been called a rest thomas will struggle to get back into the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stone holding his place again means the coaching staff have faith in him? - augurs well for Stone given his contract expires this year

I’d expect him to be sub. Reckon they really liked the look he gave us when he came on and they push Whitfield forward. I thought stone look good for his short stint on the park.

Although it’s been called a rest thomas will struggle to get back into the side
More mature bodies for finals

With Thomas being given a rest, just 7 players will have played all 22 matches this season for us: Whitfield, Himmelberg, Idun, Tom Green, Bedford, Daniels and Jesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back