Game Day Round 23, 2024: West Coast vs Carlton

Is Andrew Gaff the super-sub we didn't know we needed?

• Yep, 4 more years please.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No, Jack Watts

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • No, Jack Williams

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, if Simmo had picked this team I'd be filthy. Genuine chance of an extremely important win for the clubs standing and morale and we started picking the side 3 weeks ago based on needing to give a bloke 2 away games to get him to some fictional 300 mark. As a consequence you squeeze out one of your best performed 19 year olds. No ideal but that's above Schofields head I think. Hall out is fine, got his 2 game debut block and showed some nice glimpses but time to go back to the twos and work on it. Ginbey from defence to gimp wing role surely isn't going to happen. Witherden getting another game when we are supposed to be ringing through 10 list changes in the off season also not a good sign. Win the game and they're all brilliant selections. Lose and we riot.
I don't actually care about the result tbh, we should be playing blokes that are likely to take us forward in the coming years ie Hall Maric over players that aren't likely to be here next year (or at least should not be) ie Witherden Gaff

What's with Hall and Maric being dropped?
F*** knows why maric misses

Hall is miles away from afl, I reckon the club gave him the 2 games so he can get a taste of it and then go from their. Needs a massive preseason working on his skills in particular foot disposal

Hall is miles away from afl, I reckon the club gave him the 2 games so he can get a taste of it and then go from their. Needs a massive preseason working on his skills in particular foot disposal
I dont think Hall has gotten over his ankle injury earlier in the year
Its lingered all year for him
Hopefully has good preseason and gets it fixed was flying before that injury

Keys
I pretty much said this exact thing earlier and you didn't like my comment....You slag!!:p

Mrs. Doubtfire Middle Finger - Reaction GIFs

dont be salty just because dad likes me more

Petch in is good news.

Seems like a nice guy and hardly our worst servant. But clubs do this every year.

He is on the trade table and I think we can be happy about that.

Petch in is good news.

Seems like a nice guy and hardly our worst servant. But clubs do this every year.

He is on the trade table and I think we can be happy about that.
The MC remember Petch's game in the monsoon vs Port. Rising star game how many years ago.
Absolutely no brainer to bring him in.
Im not sure if this comment is funniest dripping with sarcasm or 100% sincere...

Last edited:
Zane Trew has managed to hit the scoreboard playing as a mid in the last couple of games, and gave off that perfectly weighted and directed handpass to Ryan in the pocket where Ryan could just slam it straight onto the boot.
I hope he keeps it up, he’s got a great footy IQ in my opinion.

Gaff was always going to get his farewell game so I would say Hall was dropped to bring Petrucelli in as Hall will get his chances in the future, and unfortunately Maric was just collateral damage just to be able to bring HEdwards in to play. Perhaps Maric may be the sub.

Gaff was always going to get his farewell game so I would say Hall was dropped to bring Petrucelli in as Hall will get his chances in the future, and unfortunately Maric was just collateral damage just to be able to bring HEdwards in to play. Perhaps Maric may be the sub.
Crazy that we actually dropped a tall for team balance though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to know what the MCs thoughts are on witherden, an absolute spud of the highest order. And why he was prioritised over Maric.
Yeah witherden should clearly have been dropped. Perhaps giving him a chance to play for his cotnract

Wowwee did a ladder predictor if Fremantle lose to GWS their top 8 aspirations does hinder on wce regardless for whether they beat port.

Muhahaha. Flogmantle will finish 9th

Be cold, wet and sludgy - hope boys wearing their 4WD shoes?
Flogmantle lost, need our win now? They might end up 8th?
No matter, they're just in finals for the window display/decoration.
Hope the right Eagles turn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back